ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1350 of 3903
« First < 35085012501300134013461347134813491350 135113521353135413601400145018502350 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:31 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Extremely slow
Originally Posted by tk13:
San Francisco declared a State of Emergency back in February before they ever had a case. People thought it might be a huge overreaction at the time, but they look a lot smarter now.

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
SF got things under control because they shut down weeks before New York. They are proof that early and firm distancing measures is the best approach to managing this disease.

Not really

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:32 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you argued that COVID-19 will result in no more deaths than a severe seasonal flu, and therefore the mitigation efforts enacted should not have been?
Hey Donger, find someone else to argue with in this thread. Find a post where I called it "just the flu" or shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:33 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
H1N1 was said to be 16x more lethal than influenza so you can keep moving the goalpost all you want, it's not arguing semantics, I never called this "just the flu" and Hamas just proved it.
Do you deny that you have argued continuously in this thread that our response to COVID-19 was too severe compared to H1N1? And do you still feel that way?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:35 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It is semantics, you've spent weeks talking about how this entire thing is a giant pile of bullshit. What you are doing would be like if my kid never put in effort in his history class and I said to him, we all know you think this class is a joke, and he responded by saying oh hey now I never said that.

It's a semantics game, you know this, I know this, everyone else posting knows this.
Exactly my point Mecca about the echo chamber, questioning what's been implemented and saying the math doesn't add up = "this entire thing is a giant pile of bullshit".

That why debate in this thread is no better than the one in DC, you guys just decide what's correct, drive that narrative and pile on anyone with a difference of opinion while lying and exaggerating their stance.
[Reply]
KC Dan 08:35 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not really

What you are not including is west coast states just didn’t make stay at home legal with an emergency order until the dates above but they DID tell all to stay at home and shutdown businesses and gatherings voluntarily earlier which most of us did. Thanks for playing...
[Reply]
Donger 08:37 AM 04-13-2020
Hey Donger, find someone else to argue with in this thread. Find a post where I called it "just the flu" or shut the **** up.
In this thread? Not that I'm aware of. In another thread, you posted something about the number of projected deaths and compared it to "regular flu."
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:38 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do you deny that you have argued continuously in this thread that our response to COVID-19 was too severe compared to H1N1? And do you still feel that way?
I definitely argued early on that the response compared to H1N1 seemed excessive. That still has nothing to do with "it's just the flu".

Right now I still don't know if what we are doing is absolutely necessary compared to the potential long term economic damage, and guess what, neither do you.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:39 AM 04-13-2020
This thread really is just an echo chamber for most of the posters in it.
Oh, so it's essentially like DC for you and your ilk?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 AM 04-13-2020
In this thread? Not that I'm aware of. In another thread, you posted something about the number of projected deaths and compared it to "regular flu."
I don't believe that happened unless it was like a month ago but you need to leave DC in DC and address it there.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:40 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not really

This is demonstrably wrong. NY was encouraging people to go our as late as March 20th. I would show you the people who were encouraging this but it would be political. Considering they had many more cases than Cali etc.... Yeah no...

NY subways have been a pool of this from the start. NY should have have shut down in Feb to have any chance.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:41 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Oh, so it's essentially like DC for you and your ilk?
There is actually better debate in that thread than this one. Not sure what my "ilk" is but there is just more projection from people like you.
[Reply]
Donger 08:42 AM 04-13-2020
I don't believe that happened unless it was like a month ago but you need to leave DC in DC and address it there.
It happened. I have the post. But yes, you said that in the DC thread. I'll provide it to anyone who wishes to see it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:43 AM 04-13-2020
It happened. I have the post. But yes, you said that in the DC thread. I'll provide it to anyone who wishes to see it.
You can post it here or in a PM I don't care. Include the date.
[Reply]
Donger 08:45 AM 04-13-2020
You can post it here or in a PM I don't care. Include the date.
Done, in the DC thread.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:45 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
What you are not including is west coast states just didn’t make stay at home legal with an emergency order until the dates above but they DID tell all to stay at home and shutdown businesses and gatherings voluntarily earlier which most of us did. Thanks for playing...

What states? Newsom banned gatherings over 250 people on March 12 and on March 15 asked people to voluntary closure of bars and in-home self-isolation of seniors 65 and older, as well as persons at-risk due to underlying conditions.

Other than that nothing changed until the official stay at home order on March 19th.
[Reply]
Page 1350 of 3903
« First < 35085012501300134013461347134813491350 135113521353135413601400145018502350 > Last »
Up