ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 101
« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:38 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Well, that might be a myth. What isnt a myth? NO BODY HAS EVER BEATEN TOM BRADY 3 TIMES IN ONE SEASON.

Well first off, the opponent would have to a division foe & since the rest of the AFC East has been a dumpster fire during Brady’s career...it makes it pretty easy pickings.

How many times has Brady faced another team 3 times in a season?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:41 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Well, that might be a myth. What isnt a myth? NO BODY HAS EVER BEATEN TOM BRADY 3 TIMES IN ONE SEASON.
That's not really saying much. The entire AFC East was pretty much a dumpster fire during Brady's entire tenure at New England.
[Reply]
joethomas 10:46 AM 01-16-2021
I looked it up and the only time Brady played a division opponent in the playoffs was the Jets in 2006, and they split with the Jets that year. So there's never even been an attempt to beat Brady for the third time in a given season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:51 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah I don't think the Bucs beat the Saints.

And I don't think The Rams beat Green Bay in Green Bay.

Bills over Ravens

Chiefs over Browns.
The Rams' path to victory is their pass rush just completely dominating and them making some scoring happen with defense.

With Goff injured, I don't think that offense can do enough to keep up unless the D just balls out.

Certainly possible - in addition to Donald, you're talking about two excellent complementary pass rushers and a secondary with some bigtime playmakers.

Ramsey is going to follow Adams and will cut down some on his production, and the rest of their secondary matches up well, too.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:14 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It was 5 turn-overs, technically.

But PIT never really made it a game either. The closest they got was 11 points. Which is still having to score a TD, a 2-pt. conversion and a FG, just to tie. That's hardly being in the thick of the game.

But if you take out just two of those turn-overs, then yeah, PIT would've been in that game at the end, and at least had a chance to win it. Or they would've lost by 4.
I think there was still quite a bit of time, like around 9 minutes, when Pitt decided to punt down by 11 from mid-field on 4th and short. That was a poor decision and if they score a TD on that drive, the Browns pucker up and most likely lose.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:37 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s a myth.
I agree. They don't have to beat them three times. They have to beat them once. The other two games already happened. If anything, the other two games showed there's a matchup problem for the Bucs.

This isn't like flipping a coin where percentages eventually even out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I think their was still quite a bit of time, like around 9 minutes, when Pitt decided to punt down by 11 from mid-field on 4th and short. That was a poor decision and if they score a TD on that drive, the Browns pucker up and most likely lose.
They punted at the start of the 4th quarter.

And you're right, it was a very poor decision, just based on how easily they moved the ball in the previous two drives, which both resulted in TDs.

Now whether CLE would actually piss themselves is a matter that's debatable.

CLE was in a similar situation vs. BAL a few weeks earlier, except the Browns were down by 14 pts, twice in fact, and both times they came back and scored TDs to tie it up. So CLE didn't blink, in a situation where traditionally they folded. So I can't say whether CLE would've pissed their pants if PIT had scored on that drive. Recent history would suggest otherwise.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:55 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the Saints just match up really well with the Bucs.

The Saints' front four is good and can put a lot of pressure on Brady without blitzing. Lattimore is good enough to lock up against Godwin or Evans. And the LB are fast enough to cover the flats and crossing routes well.

The Bucs looked great down the last quarter of the season, but they also played the Vikings, Lions, and Flacons (2x). I think the weak schedule props them up a bit.
This is why I want to face the winner of today’s game. I don’t want Mahomes getting hit by the Saints again and I don’t want to risk Brady getting 7.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:00 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
This is why I want to face the winner of today’s game. I don’t want Mahomes getting hit by the Saints again and I don’t want to risk Brady getting 7.
I think NOR wins again. Brady was fine the last few weeks when he didn't have to deal with a pass rush. NOR will definitely bring all the heat they can, which is quite a bit, and Brady will fold like he did in the last two meetings. All Brees has to do is play his average game and the Saints defense play about how they did in the regular season, and this one will be over by half time.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:22 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They punted at the start of the 4th quarter.

And you're right, it was a very poor decision, just based on how easily they moved the ball in the previous two drives, which both resulted in TDs.

Now whether CLE would actually piss themselves is a matter that's debatable.

CLE was in a similar situation vs. BAL a few weeks earlier, except the Browns were down by 14 pts, twice in fact, and both times they came back and scored TDs to tie it up. So CLE didn't blink, in a situation where traditionally they folded. So I can't say whether CLE would've pissed their pants if PIT had scored on that drive. Recent history would suggest otherwise.
Agree, we can't be for sure how they would react, however, I think losing a 28 point lead put's more pressure on a team than trying to comeback from being down 14...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:33 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Agree, we can't be for sure how they would react, however, I think losing a 28 point lead put's more pressure on a team than trying to comeback from being down 14...
Maybe.

Either way, CLE showed a lot more intestinal fortitude in those two games than they did in all of the games over the last 25 seasons. They didn't play scared, and they didn't bumblefuck it all up.
[Reply]
jumpgo692003 01:06 PM 01-16-2021
Browns fan.

18 years since we have had conversations outside of the upcoming draft.
25 years since we have had meaningful conversations this deep into January pertaining to this year.

Good luck tomorrow. Im excited. I imagine the Browns organization as a whole is anticipating being in this position. Underdog mentality seems to motivate this team. I hope that motivation results in showing out on sunday. I believe in Baker and have since before he was drafted. He may not be the best statistically from that draft to this point but I feel he was absolutely the perfect qb to right the ship for Cleveland. This game seems to be focused on the run game but I just dont see how Baker or Patrick will not take this opportunity to one-up each other. I anticipate a lot more passes from Baker than people think and not because they are behind but because he wants this. We'll see.

Anyway, Kelce is just amazing. He is going to show out as always. Browns have no way to defend him that I know of. They couldnt defend against Andrews, who isnt even at his level. I think this will be frustrating to watch. I will keep in mind that this will be addressed in the offseason (hopefully).

Hill is hopefully going to get the attention of Ward even though he is playing slot most likely, with safety over the top. Need to neutralize him as much as humanly possible and deal with the results of Redman beating you.

I am obviously rooting for the Browns and believe in them. I wouldnt be upset if we lose (actually to any team) as long as I see complete effort for 60 minutes. Some things just cant be fixed before this game and will guarantee mismatch problems. Most of those favor KC.

Good luck and wishing for an injury free game.

Go Browns!!
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:37 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by jumpgo692003:
Browns fan.

18 years since we have had conversations outside of the upcoming draft.
25 years since we have had meaningful conversations this deep into January pertaining to this year.

Good luck tomorrow. Im excited. I imagine the Browns organization as a whole is anticipating being in this position. Underdog mentality seems to motivate this team. I hope that motivation results in showing out on sunday. I believe in Baker and have since before he was drafted. He may not be the best statistically from that draft to this point but I feel he was absolutely the perfect qb to right the ship for Cleveland. This game seems to be focused on the run game but I just dont see how Baker or Patrick will not take this opportunity to one-up each other. I anticipate a lot more passes from Baker than people think and not because they are behind but because he wants this. We'll see.

Anyway, Kelce is just amazing. He is going to show out as always. Browns have no way to defend him that I know of. They couldnt defend against Andrews, who isnt even at his level. I think this will be frustrating to watch. I will keep in mind that this will be addressed in the offseason (hopefully).

Hill is hopefully going to get the attention of Ward even though he is playing slot most likely, with safety over the top. Need to neutralize him as much as humanly possible and deal with the results of Redman beating you.

I am obviously rooting for the Browns and believe in them. I wouldnt be upset if we lose (actually to any team) as long as I see complete effort for 60 minutes. Some things just cant be fixed before this game and will guarantee mismatch problems. Most of those favor KC.

Good luck and wishing for an injury free game.

Go Browns!!
Great Post and welcome.

We were in your shoes not that long ago. Chiefs fans are used to always being the underdog and its weird being on the other side of things.

If we werent playing the Browns, I would be rooting for them as I did last week. The Browns have been down for so long, much like the Chiefs its great to see them coming up and contending. I for one like Baker and dont really get the hate that some have for him. I would love to see the Browns take over that division and have Mahomes vs. Mayfiled become the next Brady vs. Manning!

Browns could definitely steal this one but it would have to be a game like last week where everything went wrong for one team and right for the other.

Probably not going to happen that way but you never know.

I think the Chiefs will put a beat down on the Browns!!

GO CHIEFS!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:39 PM 01-16-2021
Does Denzel Ward play in the slot exclusively?
[Reply]
jumpgo692003 01:46 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Does Denzel Ward play in the slot exclusively?
I dont think so. He has the best coverage skills though of all the cbs along with fluid hip movement and speed. This is just a guess on my part as to how the Browns will play vs Hill. In a win or go home situation, I would think they are going to play the guys who give the best opportunity for success and I cant see how that wouldnt be Ward on Hill.

That doesnt mean it will happen. For all I know Mitchell will be on Hill as I believe he plays the slot receiver usually.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 101
« First < 45859192939495 96979899 > Last »
Up