ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 101
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Yeah, the first tweet in the conversation was Watkins talking about the Browns going up on the Steelers in a way reminiscent of a video game. It's painfully obvious what the exchange was about.

But even if you want to delude yourself and pretend you don't know what he's talking about, the fact of the matter is he's talking shit about "competition" in a game that HE. WONT. PLAY. IN. BECAUSE. HES. HURT. It's the ultimate bitch move.
The only part that actually matters.

And you forgot to include "AGAIN."
[Reply]
New World Order 02:27 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Chubb and Hunt could put up 250+ on us.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 01-15-2021
I don't normally make proclamations prior to games but if there's one I'm actually willing to make it's this:

There is zero chance they run for 250 yards on us.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:40 PM 01-15-2021
I realize that you are now just a troll on CP, but Chubb/Hunt haven't combined for 250+ in any game this year. In addition, the Chiefs haven't had a team run for 200+ on them in any game this year - the closest was the Patriots (185).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:47 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I realize that you are now just a troll on CP, but Chubb/Hunt haven't combined for 250+ in any game this year. In addition, the Chiefs haven't had a team run for 200+ on them in any game this year - the closest was the Patriots (185).
Perhaps I exaggerated. But I don’t see the chiefs shutting them down. The chiefs are not built to shut down two dynamic backs like that. Not predicting a win, but They will get their yards.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:53 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't normally make proclamations prior to games but if there's one I'm actually willing to make it's this:

There is zero chance they run for 250 yards on us.
Mahomes alone will ensure they don't, because Mayfield is going to have to try and play keep up at some point, and he just doesn't have the same horses we do. Cleveland is no pushover, but they're just not quite there yet.

I won't be surprised if they dust off the old Marty "3 Yards and a Pile of Shit" playbook to start the game in an effort to control the clock early on, but it just won't be enough.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:55 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
browns redzone offense 4th

Chiefs redzone offense 14th

browns redzone defense 19th

Chiefs redzone defense 32nd

the game will come down to the redzone. the browns play soft coverage and dont give up many big plays but give up a ton of yards. make the chiefs earn TDs in the redzone they arent great once they get down there.

the browns sometimes have a hard time moving the ball but make a ton of big plays and are great in the redzone. they score TD's most of the time when they get down there. that will continue against the chiefs 32nd ranked redzone D.
I think how efficient the Browns are at getting to the red zone and then making things happen down there at normal rates is absolutely a key factor.

The Chiefs, as noted recently, aren't as reliant on red zone opportunities as most teams.

There's also this factor: The Chiefs red zone offense is best when it can 1) throw exotic looks at teams; 2) use Mahomes' legs effectively as a weapon.

They have not done a lot with either of those things down the stretch.

There was talk of this last year entering the playoffs last year, too... and then the Chiefs went 13-15 in the red zone in the playoffs, as they unlocked new parts of the playbook and used Mahomes' legs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 01-15-2021
They also only allowed a 100-yard rusher I think 4 times all season.

I could see Chubb getting like 80 and Hunt 75 or something. But they're not going to run wild.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:56 PM 01-15-2021
Perhaps I exaggerated. But I don’t see the chiefs shutting them down. The chiefs are not built to shut down two dynamic backs like that. Not predicting a win, but They will get their yards.
Sure, but unless those yards equal 38 points or more, they are not winning this game (which I know you're not predicting them to). The Browns do not have a player (s) on their roster capable of stopping Travis Kelce. He will be open all day. They will have to commit multiple people to him, which will open the door for Tyreek. No Sammy Watkins? No problem. Not even Hardman and Robinson will be able to screw up being wide open all day. The Chiefs are scoring over 40. If the Browns can top that, congrats to them. Chubby KHunt better be able to milk 7 minutes off the clock per drive and have all those drives end in TD's or they're done for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think how efficient the Browns are at getting to the red zone and then making things happen down there at normal rates is absolutely a key factor.

The Chiefs, as noted recently, aren't as reliant on red zone opportunities as most teams.

There's also this factor: The Chiefs red zone offense is best when it can 1) throw exotic looks at teams; 2) use Mahomes' legs effectively as a weapon.

They have not done a lot with either of those things down the stretch.

There was talk of this last year entering the playoffs last year, too... and then the Chiefs went 13-15 in the red zone in the playoffs, as they unlocked new parts of the playbook and used Mahomes' legs.
Chiefs 2019 regular season, red zone offense:

TD - 54%

Chiefs 2019 postseason, red zone offense:

TD - 80%

They went from 20th overall in red zone scoring to ELEVENTH with just the 3 postseason games. It's not only how many times they scored but the number of red zone trips they created in the playoffs. It's actually astounding.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:04 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Time for Hardman to step up
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:05 PM 01-15-2021
I realize that you are now just a troll on CP
You are just now realizing he is a troll? :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:07 PM 01-15-2021
Chiefs 2019 regular season, red zone offense:

TD - 54%

Chiefs 2019 postseason, red zone offense:

TD - 80%

They went from 20th overall in red zone scoring to ELEVENTH with just the 3 postseason games. It's not only how many times they scored but the number of red zone trips they created in the playoffs. It's actually astounding.

I think that includes an end of game possession. I just ran through each game and had them at 13/15. That’s actually like 86 percent. Which is phenomenal.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:08 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You are just now realizing he is a troll? :-)
No, but he wasn't always just a troll, which is what I said.
[Reply]
IrishChief 03:12 PM 01-15-2021
Probably Williams honestly but who knows. I think we're going to see a few new things on Sunday.
Placed a wager on Williams anytime TD 15/2 on the chance CEH doesnt play. If he does play then great happy to lose the stake.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 101
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up