ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 101
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:16 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Calm down.

You’ll feel better when we’re taking about plans for hosting the AFC Title Game (yet again) on Monday.
Not worried... It's just different when you are on top and everyone is trying to knock you off. Not a feeling I'm used to.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:29 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Not worried... It's just different when you are on top and everyone is trying to knock you off. Not a feeling I'm used to.
If it makes you feel any better, teams have been trying to knock them off all year long with their best efforts, while the Chiefs looked ready to hit fast forward to this very month at time... and they still went 14-1.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:31 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Eat glass bitch!!!!!!!!!
Aw you mad that nobody cares about your shitty team?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:41 AM 01-15-2021
It would be nice if Frank Clark woke up this week, like he did last year in the postseason.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:41 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Aw you mad that nobody cares about your shitty team?
Not sure about the little back and forth you and carcosa have going, but anyone who refers to the Chiefs as a ‘shitty team’ clearly doesn’t have a fully functional brain.

Why don’t you worry about your own team and QB, who is just barely over .500 for his career in the playoffs (Mahomes is 4-1, BTW) and hasn’t been to the Super Bowl in a decade.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:41 AM 01-15-2021
I was going to put all of the reasons why I have a bad feeling about this game.

However, I just have an uneasy feeling about the game. Not robots, people. Motivated people. Injured people.

The Chiefs haven't looked like the 2018/2019 Chiefs lately. Is the league catching up? Are the Chiefs slowing down? Or am I just a pessimist?
Go to the Kelce/Shannon Sharpe interview thread and have a listen... they have been waiting for this all season. They knew they would be back in the playoffs and Kelce said he's wanted to fast forward all season to this weekend.

I know people are still quick to "because Chiefs" at any sign of weakness... and we were right to do so for decades. But, after decades of falsely proclaiming "it's different this year!", it finally is actually different.

They're no longer this crazy motivated team that wants to beat the shit out of the Broncos and Falcons and prove they belong, like the Bills or Browns are this season.... they know they belong, and they've also proven that against every playoff opponent they've faced.

They're a playoff team. This weekend, the back of the playbook opens (Reid and Mahomes have already said so) and they know what it takes to win 3 games, because they've already done it. They will be ready to go.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's literally dozens of posts in this thread, from dozens of people, saying that this isn't a gimme and the Browns could win.

You're either too lazy or too dumb to read.
Add me to those voices too. We have a lot of room for error but if we don't bring at least our "B" game, we can lose.

But, there is a fact that Browns don't really embrace or ignore. If we are down, playing like shit for whatever reason, Mahomes will bring the victory home. He's never failed in the playoffs yet.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:46 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Not sure about the little back and forth you and carcosa have going, but anyone who refers to the Chiefs as a ‘shitty team’ clearly doesn’t have a fully functional brain.

Why don’t you worry about your own team and QB, who is just barely over .500 for his career in the playoffs (Mahomes is 4-1, BTW) and hasn’t been to the Super in a decade.

I don’t care about rigged sports.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 AM 01-15-2021
We're going to be fine.

The guys have been looking forward to this since March.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:49 AM 01-15-2021

However, I just have an uneasy feeling about the game. Not robots, people. Motivated people. Injured people.

The Chiefs haven't looked like the 2018/2019 Chiefs lately. Is the league catching up? Are the Chiefs slowing down? Or am I just a pessimist?
It's because the last time you saw them actually try to win a game, it was against the Falcons and it was a totally boring, meh game in which the offense didn't move the ball consistently.

But just a week before, they made it happen, on the road, against one of the 3-4 best teams in the NFL, and against the team that probably matches up best with the Chiefs offense due to personnel.

Ask yourself ... if the Chiefs had nipped the Falcons 17-14 in Week 15 and then had the exact same game against the Saints in Week 16, would you feel different?

If the answer is "Yes," you're probably placing too much stock into the feeling the Falcons game left in your mouth. There were a lot of things going against KC that day (great performance by the Falcons, trap game, last game they actually had to win before focusing on the playoffs, etc.) and they still pulled out the win.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:03 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's because the last time you saw them actually try to win a game, it was against the Falcons and it was a totally boring, meh game in which the offense didn't move the ball consistently.

But just a week before, they made it happen, on the road, against one of the 3-4 best teams in the NFL, and against the team that probably matches up best with the Chiefs offense due to personnel.

Ask yourself ... if the Chiefs had nipped the Falcons 17-14 in Week 15 and then had the exact same game against the Saints in Week 16, would you feel different?

If the answer is "Yes," you're probably placing too much stock into the feeling the Falcons game left in your mouth. There were a lot of things going against KC that day (great performance by the Falcons, trap game, last game they actually had to win before focusing on the playoffs, etc.) and they still pulled out the win.
The first quarter of the Bucs game, 8 minutes of the Dolphins, and beating the Saints all solidified it even more for me (you could throw in that last drive against the Falcons, too).... call it whatever you want as far as playing down/up to competition, flipping a switch, etc. I'm sure they're also acutely aware they can't play with fire going down 24-0 again and not expect to get burned at some point.

And a thought that crossed my mind watching the Bucs/WFT.... do you know how close the Bucs were to completely breaking that game open? We take the Chiefs' offense for granted that it's such a well oiled machine, but they're still playing against a fairly fine line between "only" scoring a few touchdowns or adding a couple or three more. I think the Bucs showed that the other night, going down the field with ease, and could have tacked on at least a couple more touchdowns if they executed on just a few plays.

It not as easy as the Chiefs make it look.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 AM 01-15-2021

The only uneasy feeling I have is that we'll start out slow. But the browns are just the team to do that too since they can't hold a lead.

I am very optimistic. It'd be one thing if Atlanta caught us off guard. But Reid has several games of tape since Denver to figure out our blind spots. Just remember that after a few games of Alex Smith shitting all over himself against zone Reid in a short week walked into the chargers game and massacred them on national TV. Now imagine Reid with a few weeks.

Nobody runs a short and screen game more masterfully than Andy Reid. And my guess is we show a new and improved version of it early and CLE will have no answer for it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:09 AM 01-15-2021
The other thing I thought of was how mahomes injury last year helped the defense step up in a huge way. Our offense hitting some snags led to our defense being great that the last stretch of the season. Our defense alone can keep us in this game. If our offense even remotely improves over the past few weeks, which most of us are confident it will, look out.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:17 AM 01-15-2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 01-15-2021
Nobody really cares what Kareem Hunt has to say at this point. He's the opposition.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 101
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Up