ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2633 of 3903
« First < 1633213325332583262326292630263126322633 263426352636263726432683273331333633 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 02:53 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

We have had 2 employees who's spouse and kids have tested positive and they never did even after multiple tests. So yea its very possible you were around co workers and patients and didn't contract it.
Looks like your scenario points to either not having it or false negatives.

Has nothing to do with a false positive test.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 07-16-2020
Weird story.

Close friend of ours went skiing in Veil in early March before this starting getting crazy with 9 other guys. One of the guys on the trip is a big skier and big partier. They ski everyday, he can only ski half the time just gets exhausted, doesn't feel well. Goes to bed early every night, doesn't have any drinks or anything. Thinks he just has altitude sickness. My buddy is in the same hotel room with him for 6 nights. Does everything with him on the trip.

When trips over, this guy goes home and ends up testing positive for Covid the day he gets back. My buddy never had any symptoms, never got sick or anything.

Wondering now if he was just asymptomatic?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:57 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Weird story.

Close friend of ours went skiing in Veil in early March before this starting getting crazy with 9 other guys. One of the guys on the trip is a big skier and big partier. They ski everyday, he can only ski half the time just gets exhausted, doesn't feel well. Goes to bed early every night, doesn't have any drinks or anything. Thinks he just has altitude sickness. My buddy is in the same hotel room with him for 6 nights. Does everything with him on the trip.

When trips over, this guy goes home and ends up testing positive for Covid the day he gets back. My buddy never had any symptoms, never got sick or anything.

Right off the bat I'd guess the positive case dude was contagious prior to the point where he was sick enough to be fatigued and your friend didn't receive enough of a viral load to catch it himself.
[Reply]
O.city 03:01 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Right off the bat I'd guess the positive case dude was contagious prior to the point where he was sick enough to be fatigued and your friend didn't receive enough of a viral load to catch it himself.
He slept in the same room with him every night, shared a vape pen, ate 3 meals a day with him.

I would guess that wasn't the issue.
[Reply]
tooge 03:04 PM 07-16-2020
He didn't give him his load, even though they slept in the same room.
[Reply]
eDave 07-16-2020, 03:14 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Discuss Thrower 03:17 PM 07-16-2020
He slept in the same room with him every night, shared a vape pen, ate 3 meals a day with him.

I would guess that wasn't the issue.
Welp, too late now to see if he was truly asymptomatic since too much time has passed to get anything out of an antibody test. If you were to test the guy now, I'd bet he doesn't have antibodies and if he did it was more likely a sign he got infected somewhere after the trup.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:20 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Looks like your scenario points to either not having it or false negatives.

Has nothing to do with a false positive test.
Multiple false negative tests on 1 person huh? Yea that's more likely than you having 1 false positive to go along with your inconclusive antibody test and another negative test.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Welp, too late now to see if he was truly asymptomatic since too much time has passed to get anything out of an antibody test. If you were to test the guy now, I'd bet he doesn't have antibodies and if he did it was more likely a sign he got infected somewhere after the trup.
He did say he felt kinda weird a few weeks later a came home from work early, but wasn't ever really sick.

Just weird.

Who knows.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:44 PM 07-16-2020
Weird story.

Something like this happened on a cruise ship to the Antarctic where two people shared a small cabin for 6 weeks. One had covid a big chunk of that time and the other never caught it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:44 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I think the likelihood of the scenario you have described means you probably had a false positive. Do I KNOW that? Of course not but if you look at what we do know about Covid at this point, I'm just looking at the odds.

We have had 2 employees who's spouse and kids have tested positive and they never did even after multiple tests. So yea its very possible you were around co workers and patients and didn't contract it.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I do sit through an hour or more long meeting everyday at 9:00am to go over the current situation at work regarding covid and our 750+ employees. We are working with health departments in MO, OK, and KS and get constant info and feedback on testing, quarantine, and release to work procedures etc... :-)
No you're definitely not an expert and you clearly have no idea how the tests to determine if a person has COVID19 work. The chances of a false positive from a PCR test is pretty close to 0. For a test to come out positive the sample has to have the exact same genetic sequencing as COVID19. A false negative is much much more likely.

Maybe those 2 employees had it and gave it to their wife and kids, so they didn't have it at the time of the test. Also there is a higher likelyhood of those 2 having multiple false negatives than Lew having a false positive.
[Reply]
eDave 03:56 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
In Lew's defense, I'd be a little leery of giving you my address too. You might accidentally lick my friends FG's pussy.
This is way out of bounds. Lewdog and his wife did something for me that I will never ever forget, nor betray. It was special beyond belief. Bawled my eyes out afterwords. I hope he doesn't die. Fuck off.
[Reply]
TLO 03:57 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This is way out of bounds. Lewdog and his wife did something for me that I will never ever forget, nor betray. It was special beyond belief. Bawled my eyes out afterwords. **** off.
Go on..
[Reply]
DaFace 04:00 PM 07-16-2020
He did say he felt kinda weird a few weeks later a came home from work early, but wasn't ever really sick.

Just weird.

Who knows.
There almost HAS to be some truth to the natural immunity idea. It's just a question of how many people we're talking about.
[Reply]
TLO 04:01 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I hope he doesn't die. **** off.
His odds of dying are probably higher driving to the grocery store. I think he's gonna be fine buddy. Chill.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:03 PM 07-16-2020
Weird story.

Funny, here in NorCal a group of firefighters from a nearby department went to Vail on a ski weekend back then as well. If I recall they all tested positive when they returned. All were fine with little or no symptoms but had to quarantine before retuning to work but it would seem Vail was a jacked up place to go skiing last spring....
[Reply]
Page 2633 of 3903
« First < 1633213325332583262326292630263126322633 263426352636263726432683273331333633 > Last »
Up