ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1631 of 3903
« First < 631113115311581162116271628162916301631 163216331634163516411681173121312631 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The best line from that video - "You quarantine the sick, not the healthy."

And before anyone jumps on them for saying that, both doctors agree that in the beginning before they had any hard numbers that quarantining was the right move. But now that they have numbers and can see patterns, it really isn't.
The problem is we don't know who is sick. Asymptomatic people can spread this, so that doesn't work.

They're treating it like Sars Cov 1 and that doesn't work with this one. With that one, you were only contagious when you had symptoms. This one is different.
[Reply]
Donger 10:49 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...7-B834D3E8A18D
This "study" wasn't an anti-body test.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:53 AM 04-25-2020
Everything is back to normal in Jeff City. Business is booming!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem is we don't know who is sick. Asymptomatic people can spread this, so that doesn't work.

They're treating it like Sars Cov 1 and that doesn't work with this one. With that one, you were only contagious when you had symptoms. This one is different.
Viruses have been spread by asymptomatic people for ages. Herd immunity is essential in any society and for some reason with this thing, we don't think that's important.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 04-25-2020
Viruses have been spread by asymptomatic people for ages. Herd immunity is essential in any society and for some reason with this thing, we don't think that's important.
Asymptomatic spread isn't normal for viruses. Usually the viral load isnt' high enough to be "spreading" until you have symptoms.

Everyone thinks herd immunity is important. It's the only way out of this via a vaccine or naturally. We aren't likely close to that yet.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:59 AM 04-25-2020
Asymptomatic spread isn't normal for viruses. Usually the viral load isnt' high enough to be "spreading" until you have symptoms.

Everyone thinks herd immunity is important. It's the only way out of this via a vaccine or naturally. We aren't likely close to that yet.
These guys would disagree with your opinion, especially considering we have not yet come up with a vaccine for any COVID virus.
[Reply]
Donger 10:59 AM 04-25-2020
Speaking of vaccines:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/healt...pta/index.html
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 04-25-2020
These guys would disagree with your opinion, especially considering we have not yet come up with a vaccine for any COVID virus.
That we are already at or close to herd immunity? If that were the case all these serology tests would have to be alot higher than they are I would think.

I hope they're right though.
[Reply]
Lurker 11:03 AM 04-25-2020
According to the doctors in the video, asymptomatic spreading IS normal. It's also a good thing because people who are asymptomatic are carrying weaker mutations of the strain. It's better to spread those mutations than the dealy ones.

I wish you you and Hamas would knock it off with the stupid shit about RCT. You don't need an RCT for every single fucking thing, especially when none are available. People take thousands of calculated risks with incomplete information every single day. Just because there's no RCT doesn't mean the information is invalid.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Lurker:
According to the doctors in the video, asymptomatic spreading IS normal. It's also a good thing because people who are asymptomatic are carrying weaker mutations of the strain. It's better to spread those mutations than the dealy ones.

I wish you you and Hamas would knock it off with the stupid shit about RCT. You don't need an RCT for every single ****ing thing, especially when none are available. People take thousands of calculated risks with incomplete information every single day. Just because there's no RCT doesn't mean the information is invalid.
I'm not sure what RCT means here?

If the asymptomatic people had a weaker mutated virus and were spreading it that would be ideal, but I haven't read anywhere thats the case?
[Reply]
Donger 11:07 AM 04-25-2020

I wish you you and Hamas would knock it off with the stupid shit about RCT. You don't need an RCT for every single ****ing thing, especially when none are available. People take thousands of calculated risks with incomplete information every single day. Just because there's no RCT doesn't mean the information is invalid.
Normal with SARS? As O.city mentioned, SARS v1.0 wasn't spread asymptomatically, and that's likely why didn't see anything like this with it.

Perhaps these doctors aren't aware of that fact.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:08 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

It's getting very old, and to the point where I am starting to believe people enjoy it.
Such a thing would never happen.
[Reply]
Lurker 11:10 AM 04-25-2020
I'm not sure what RCT means here?

If the asymptomatic people had a weaker mutated virus and were spreading it that would be ideal, but I haven't read anywhere thats the case?
RCT = Randomized Controlled Trial. Since you're always going on about faulty studies I assumed you knew what it meant.

The doctors in the video made the claim that it's better.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:14 AM 04-25-2020
Okay back to a bit of commons sense. Our hospitals are not being overrun so why have we not opened up things like elective surgeries? This is the kind of shit I am talking about. We didn't get what we were told were going to get. Why at this point irrelevant. Quit laying off all the doctors and nursers and leaving people with very real medical conditions sitting at home to suffer.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 04-25-2020
RCT = Randomized Controlled Trial. Since you're always going on about faulty studies I assumed you knew what it meant.

The doctors in the video made the claim that it's better.
Make sense for sure. I'm about half way thru the video now, so I will hold off.

We abbreviate root canal treatment as RCT and I coudln't figure out why you were using it here but that makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 1631 of 3903
« First < 631113115311581162116271628162916301631 163216331634163516411681173121312631 > Last »
Up