ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1630 of 3903
« First < 630113015301580162016261627162816291630 163116321633163416401680173021302630 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:35 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
But haven't we seen other studies in different parts of the countries that have shown similar results?
Not that I've seen.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:36 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They can only go off the data they have, and they ARE allowed to extrapolate it out. They do this for not only California, but for New York and other countries going off of THEIR data.
I am only about 20 mins into but the guy makes sense. Now people can get into the you tested this but not that argument all they want but to me that's a lot of trying to have it both ways.

The bottom line is no matter how you slice the cake, there are more cases out there than we know about which does indeed shrink the death rate or CFR or whatever significantly.

What number you use and what method you use to get that number is a debate to be had I am sure but I will guarantee that the number is much higher than we have now regardless.
[Reply]
notorious 10:37 AM 04-25-2020
But haven't we seen other studies in different parts of the countries that have shown similar results?
Yep.

I don't understand when negative info comes out nothing is questioned but if positive comes out you can't trust it and scrutinize every last detail.

It's getting very old, and to the point where I am starting to believe people enjoy it.
[Reply]
TLO 10:37 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Not that I've seen.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...7-B834D3E8A18D
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 04-25-2020
Somewhat, but there could also be problems with how those were set up.

Like we had issues with the assumptions in the early models, this could be a similar issue.
[Reply]
Donger 10:37 AM 04-25-2020
What about the randomized tests that New York and Miami has completed?
Those were/are anti-body tests, I believe.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:39 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why now?

I keed, I keed
Both are therapists. Both have been in my office daily.

Can’t wait.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:39 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Somewhat, but there could also be problems with how those were set up.

Like we had issues with the assumptions in the early models, this could be a similar issue.
From what I understand this wasn't a "study". This is using actual data reported and then extrapolating. I am not all the way through this so I could be wrong but the fact of the matter is he is more right than he is wrong in the fact that we know there are more cases out there than what has been reported.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:39 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Both are therapists. Both have been in my office daily.

Can’t wait.
Wash your fucking hands, Lew.....
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep.

I don't understand when negative info comes out nothing is questioned but if positive comes out you can't trust it and scrutinize every last detail.

It's getting very old, and to the point where I am starting to believe people enjoy it.
I think the same here. We are so quick to take and instance of negative news and use to to support a nuke type solution but anything positive ore even perceived and positive is debated into oblivion.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:41 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It the study is not properly set up, you can't really gain much from it.
But by what standards? Is it just strictly a numbers issue? If you're saying we have to have a vast majority of the country tested before we start thinking herd mentality can actually work, then we're all going to be sitting on our asses in quarantine for a long long time. They make the case as to why this is a really poor idea, as well.
[Reply]
TLO 10:41 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Those were/are anti-body tests, I believe.
Sorry, I think I was confused. I thought that's what we were discussing.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
From what I understand this wasn't a "study". This is using actual data reported and then extrapolating. I am not all the way through this so I could be wrong but the fact of the matter is he is more right than he is wrong in the fact that we know there are more cases out there than what has been reported.
If they're using pcr positives to extrapolate out to the public, well, that won't work i don't think. I haven't watched it yet though so I won't be for sure.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But by what standards? Is it just strictly a numbers issue? If you're saying we have to have a vast majority of the country tested before we start thinking herd mentality can actually work, then we're all going to be sitting on our asses in quarantine for a long long time. They make the case as to why this is a really poor idea, as well.
Standards of how these are set up. If we're going to test and trace and isolate, yeah, you're gonna have to test the vast majority of the population multiple times.

Certain standards have to be met for studies to be considered. DaFace could probably comment more on the math of it than i ever could though.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:44 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep.

The best line from that video - "You quarantine the sick, not the healthy."

And before anyone jumps on them for saying that, both doctors agree that in the beginning before they had any hard numbers that quarantining was the right move. But now that they have numbers and can see patterns, it really isn't.
[Reply]
Page 1630 of 3903
« First < 630113015301580162016261627162816291630 163116321633163416401680173021302630 > Last »
Up