ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1133 of 3903
« First < 13363310331083112311291130113111321133 113411351136113711431183123316332133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 05:55 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you not heard of Dr. Birx?
Yes, another white house diplomat and very bright. why?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:56 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
All I am suggesting is that it is possible he could use some help from the private sector and elsewhere. (hopefully he is and we just dont see it). I havent lost faith in him but he has made a couple of concerning remarks regarding public policy and the economy that makes me flinch a bit and he may be swerving out of his lane at times...so to speak.
Are you following the news, like, at all? There are a dozen pharmaceutical labs or more working on a vaccine. There are plenty of medical professionals working to find a solution.

Dr. Fauci is there to provide counsel to the POTUS and any other nation dealing with this crisis. His advice is working. Quarantines are working.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:56 PM 04-05-2020
I never said he is not. I suggested he share his lead role. To be fair Dr. Fauci cut his teeth on the AIDS virus as a young up and coming 30 year old and was cutting edge. He is now in his 70`s and has sat comfortably in the arms of the NIH and served multiple presidents. All I am suggesting is that it is possible he could use some help from the private sector and elsewhere. (hopefully he is and we just dont see it). I havent lost faith in him but he has made a couple of concerning remarks regarding public policy and the economy that makes me flinch a bit and he may be swerving out of his lane at times...so to speak.
I am 100% confident in saying you are out of your lane in your judgment of Fauci and anything he has said about this virus.
[Reply]
Donger 05:56 PM 04-05-2020
Yes, another white house diplomat and very bright. why?
Why? Because you said this:

I suggested he share his lead role.

He is. She's a doctor.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:06 PM 04-05-2020
Sorry to some of you wound up tight. Many show their fear in different ways. I was simply suggesting that Fauci may need to surround himself with a few others from the private sector to get more ideas outside of the box. My apologies if that wasnt clear. I never called him or Birx ignorant or incompetent...I merely suggested they may need additional help. 2 or 3 of you sure enjoy lashing out at the messenger.
[Reply]
Donger 06:06 PM 04-05-2020
All states have updated:

25,193 new cases. 1,159 new deaths.

Here's hoping they don't increase much more today.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:11 PM 04-05-2020
All states have updated:

25,193 new cases. 1,159 new deaths.

Here's hoping they don't increase much more today.

This numbers haven’t deviated much over the last few days...

Cautiously hopeful.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:13 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I am 100% confident in saying you are out of your lane in your judgment of Fauci and anything he has said about this virus.
So you are all in on Dr. Faucis statement that essentially said," Ten million jobs lost is just an inconvenience but we just have to do it....."??? Really? You dont question any of that? He followed that up with we will likely need to SIP until we have a vaccine which could be another year. Is Dr. Fauci suddenly a renowned economist too?

I guess I understand folks need something to cling to regarding hope and if Fauci is your guy, go with it. Im just a bit nervous with some of his statements
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 04-05-2020
But on Sunday Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top doctor on infectious diseases and a key member of the White House task force, was adamant there was nothing to suggest the medicine had any benefit against coronavirus.

“In terms of science, I don’t think we can definitively say it works,” he told CBS’s Face the Nation.

“The data are really just at best suggestive. There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there’s no effect.”

On 21 March, the day after another nationally-televised Trump claim that the drug “looked promising”, Fauci was asked directly if it could be used to treat Covid-19.

“The answer is no,” he said.
the president has no business pushing an unproven drug from the White House podium. It’s dangerous. People, dumbasses but still human beings, have already died trying to get this “miracle drug” into them. Pushing people to give their doctors and gave them write prescriptions as a preventive dose has not been proven to work.

Totally different if your going to be dead soon. Why not try anything at that point. But, that’s not what’s being advocated for from the White House podium.
[Reply]
eDave 06:22 PM 04-05-2020
So you are all in on Dr. Faucis statement that essentially said," Ten million jobs lost is just an inconvenience but we just have to do it....."??? Really? You dont question any of that? He followed that up with we will likely need to SIP until we have a vaccine which could be another year. Is Dr. Fauci suddenly a renowned economist too?

I guess I understand folks need something to cling to regarding hope and if Fauci is your guy, go with it. Im just a bit nervous with some of his statements
We all know why you are pulling this bullshit. Keep it out of here.
[Reply]
DanT 06:22 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Cmon, ya'll..please don't fight over this. I was only responding to BCD and the anstyness(lol) some are feeling out there, because I can relate.

I appreciate all the sentiments, and I'm a pretty positive guy....you have to be to be in my line of work...so I appreciate the encouragement. If I wasn't tad bit nervous, something would be off.

But don't take that wrong . I'm extremely grateful that I've even made it this far. I chased the American dream, and I kicked its ass. I took a God given talent, brought joy to others with that talent,.supported a family and allowed my wife to be a stay at home mom. I've had INCREDIBLE opportunities and experiences, meeting some absolutely downright amazing people. I have no regrets. This was the path I chose and I've been greatly rewarded.

That said, it kicked my ass too. Sleepness nights in the beginning, wondering where the next job would come from, with the weight of Jupiter of fear of letting my young family down. barely getting through..taking deposits and paying bills before a brush hit the wall. And of course thunderous barrages of work that ultimately, now that I look back..the ups and downs were thrilling to go through. It taught me patience, perseverance, persistence and humility.

It made me a better man.

That said, if it is over, I welcome the next chapter of my life, whatever it may be. I never even saw this career coming. :-)

Every job needs to be done, and done well. From janitor to CEO.

I'm confident there are very smart people trying to get a hold of this

The best we can do for now is edify each other , and not tear each other down.

Thanks again.
This is a great post, stevieray. I wish for everyone to be able to look back on where they've come in their life and career with this kind of grateful satisfaction at the challenges that were overcome and the successes achieved, the way you have.

The uncertainty about this pandemic is very high right now. I am hopeful that we'll have the worst of it behind us within a couple of months and have a clearer vision of its impacts.
[Reply]
Donger 06:22 PM 04-05-2020

There's a few wonderful threads in DC on this subject if you'd like to go on with this.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:23 PM 04-05-2020
3 months ago. He said don't worry, be happy
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:24 PM 04-05-2020
There's a few wonderful threads in DC on this subject if you'd like to go on with this.
He's not overstepping here.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:24 PM 04-05-2020
I never said he is not. I suggested he share his lead role. To be fair Dr. Fauci cut his teeth on the AIDS virus as a young up and coming 30 year old and was cutting edge. He is now in his 70`s and has sat comfortably in the arms of the NIH and served multiple presidents. All I am suggesting is that it is possible he could use some help from the private sector and elsewhere. (hopefully he is and we just dont see it). I havent lost faith in him but he has made a couple of concerning remarks regarding public policy and the economy that makes me flinch a bit and he may be swerving out of his lane at times...so to speak.
Yeah the Dr Fauci is clearly a moron. Why would we ever listen to him? Lets listen to you from here on out.
[Reply]
Page 1133 of 3903
« First < 13363310331083112311291130113111321133 113411351136113711431183123316332133 > Last »
Up