ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Ubeja Vontell 12:22 AM 09-10-2019
I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 AM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

No Tom Cruise. No 5'7'' man. May watch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Same for me, I think I only read maybe three of them. Still, I'll be grateful for a couple three more seasons from Amazon like the first one.
I think I read 4, but the 4th was mostly a grudge match between me and the book.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:27 PM 02-22-2022
Wife and I watched it Sunday. It was fun. Not particularly deep, though the plot got a bit confusing with all the running around that went on, NY, Atlanta...fuck I dunno, all over the place...ya gotta be willing to turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride. It's a good time. It's no Jack Ryan that's for sure, but it's really not supposed to be.

Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:38 AM 02-23-2022
Fun show that I'll keep watching. I liked Alan Ritchson in Titans too.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:44 AM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...
Right? I thought the same thing. Maybe when Tom Cruise played the character in the movies, it was somewhat believable. This guy, though, is a huge man. Nobody is going to be willing to do that with him.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:10 PM 05-18-2022
Next season will adapt

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 11-07-2023
Directly into my veins, please.

[Reply]
BigRichard 10:41 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

This looks fantastic. I absolutely loved the Jack Reacher books. I did like the Tom Cruise movies but they were not Jack Reacher movies. This is a Jack Reacher show.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 11-07-2023

Is that Alan Tudyk or just someone that looks a lot like him? Don't see him listed in the cast.

In either event, I like the twist. Like I said, my complaint with the novels was how repetitive they got and frankly there just wasn't any character development. They're empty calories.

But this is an interesting plot development; always like a 'getting the band back together' bit...
[Reply]
UteChief 12:57 PM 11-07-2023
Reacher doesn’t need character development.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:14 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Next season will adapt

Spoiler!
That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.
[Reply]
UteChief 01:17 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.
I feel like the books have fallen off since Andrew Child has taken the mantle. He’s changed Reacher a bit.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:57 PM 11-07-2023
Can't wait. Really enjoyed season 1
[Reply]
Bowser 05:54 PM 11-07-2023

[Reply]
Bump 05:58 PM 11-07-2023
loved the 1st season, even watched it twice. Thad Castle is the best Reacher no doubt

also my favorite scene of season 1, love when the legs come down like you know what's about to happen

[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up