ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:49 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The doctor isn't going to send you to a mental hospital because your starting dose of antidepressants wasn't strong enough for what you need. Only thing you'd be possibly admitted for would be thoughts of self harm, and if things are that bad you need to be monitored until things get better anyway.
Well, I don't want to hurt myself...but I can't say that there haven't been fleeting moments where it hasn't been considered...

I won't kill myself.

My dog would miss me too much.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:21 PM 11-13-2018
Not gonna lie, watching Mahomes on Inside the NFL has cheered me up some.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:22 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Not gonna lie, watching Mahomes on Inside the NFL has cheered me up some.
Where can i find this so i can be happy too?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cwhocares 08:30 PM 11-13-2018
I take meds for anxiety and depression. It takes a while to find the right ones and right combination. Get back to the doctors, talk to a psychologist and get some meds. I tried quitting them when I retired but my wife said I was kind of an ass without them. I feel good and don't worry about little things like I used to. give each one about a week until you get the correct ones. Be prepared, because most of them ding your sex drive. It's worth it though not feeling all uptight and angry all the time.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:14 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Where can i find this so i can be happy too?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
http:// http://www.nfl.com/videos/nf...in-AFC-Week-10
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:17 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
I take meds for anxiety and depression. It takes a while to find the right ones and right combination. Get back to the doctors, talk to a psychologist and get some meds. I tried quitting them when I retired but my wife said I was kind of an ass without them. I feel good and don't worry about little things like I used to. give each one about a week until you get the correct ones. Be prepared, because most of them ding your sex drive. It's worth it though not feeling all uptight and angry all the time.

For sure, I can get behind all that except the losing the sex drive part. That scares me...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:33 AM 11-18-2018
I once held her in my arms
She said she would always stay
But I was cruel
I treated her like a fool
I threw it all away
Once I had mountains in the palm of my hand
And rivers that ran through every day
I must have been mad
I never knew what I had
Until I threw it all away
Love is all there is, it makes the world go 'round
Love and only love, it can't be denied
No matter what you think about it
You just won't be able to do without it
Take a tip from one who's tried
So if you find someone that gives you all of her love
Take it to your heart, don't let it stray
For one thing that's certain
You will surely be a-hurtin'
If you throw it all away
If you throw it all away
-RZ
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:54 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've been where you're at in many respects

Women are very good at moving on, you have to be as well

Cleveland Bronco nailed it, engage yourself with the people around you more
Fuck, I keep dreaming about her.

I hate this shit...
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:18 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
Everyone is different and if that works for somebody then great. I would recommend the exact opposite. Work out daily for 30 minutes. Flirt with women all the time and get your game back. You will find somebody better. The workout part can do wonders. What is happening in your body chemically needs to change. Our bodies are simply not designed for the physically stagnant lifestyle so many of us lead. Everyone I know who has been depressed and has done this has had success. The whole daughter thing I get. It would kill me to not be able to see my son as much as possible. Do you get to see her still?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:45 AM 05-03-2019

I hate this shit...
Do jiu jitsu.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:54 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Do jiu jitsu.
:-) There is some truth to that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 05-03-2019
For sure, I can get behind all that except the losing the sex drive part. That scares me...
Not all anti-depressants reduce sex drive. Many of them also cause something far more frustrating, IMO.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:08 PM 05-03-2019
Mirtazapine and bupropion have fewer sexual side effects than traditional SSRIs.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:09 PM 05-03-2019

I hate this shit...
you could always visit vegas and do a double rob kraft to get some new dream material :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:44 PM 05-03-2019
In the long run, you're better off working out than taking meds.

I was in your boat recently, sans the kid part. Got divorced, missed her all the time, started drinking, etc.

I got lucky. A friend of mine introduced me to his physical trainer. At first I wasn't really interested in working out on a schedule, with a trainer, but well . . . she's pretty hot, so I gave it a try.

Turned out she's really good at her job. I lost 23 lbs. in the first 6 weeks. I could bore you with all the improvements I achieved physically, but let's just say that I went from not being able to walk two miles without a break, to averaging 4 miles a day 4 times a week. Running.

Mentally things improved faster than my body. Within two weeks or so I found that I was just in a better mood when I woke up, and it lasted longer as I got into better shape. It's like a pep drug that's inside your body; you just have to go lift some weights/make some miles to take it. These days I literally jump out of bed in the morning, and I'm 50.

Also, I made some new friends at the gym from classes I took, even went on some dates.

I also found myself wanting to get more involved with the world. I joined some clubs (fly-fishing/hunting/hiking/shooting sports/camping/meals on wheels/etc). I'm enjoying a lot more of my life now.

But the important thing is that I feel better, I spend a lot less time brooding, in fact, I almost never do anymore unless I over-serve myself. Btw, being in shape takes a lot of the edge off of hangovers, FYI.

The drugs, on the other hand, only mask your problems. And come with their own sets of issues.

Anyway, I'm done preaching. I hope you feel better soon. Whatever you do, do something. Wallowing is the worst thing for you.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up