ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 29
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
try calling your buddy Reek?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:59 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
try calling your buddy Reek?
What's the point?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:00 PM 10-30-2018
Get together with a small group of people. Maybe just one other. Not a roomful. Face to face, not on the internet. Say something honest. Ask meaningful questions. Listen. Ask more questions. Listen more. Help someone.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:02 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Get together with a small group of people. Maybe just one other. Not a roomful. Face to face, not on the internet. Say something honest. Ask meaningful questions. Listen. Ask more questions. Listen more. Help someone.
That's good advice. It's hard to meet up with anyone during the week...but yeah...
[Reply]
chinaski 04:03 PM 10-30-2018
Changes in your life will always create feelings of doubt and depression, it's completely natural.

You are the Captain of your own ship, you need to take control and steer it in a better direction.
[Reply]
In58men 04:03 PM 10-30-2018
I’ll be your friend!!!!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 10-30-2018
Take antidepressants?
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:05 PM 10-30-2018
Get a sybian
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:05 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Fuck off, Donk

I'm kidding. This is excellent advice and good for the soul.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:08 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's good advice. It's hard to meet up with anyone during the week...but yeah...
Go watch WWII documentaries on Histpry or AMC

After 3-4 of them, you'll be on your knees thanking God for the life you have. No joke - it's great therapy seeing suffering and realizing the ease of American life
[Reply]
Bowser 04:09 PM 10-30-2018
You have to work really hard at not living in the past. Don't play the "what if" game - all that does is open the door for you to kick your own ass and have really shitty inner dialogue. Control that which you can control. Focus on getting out and moving. Take ClevelandBronco's advice. Profit.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.
[Reply]
Kman34 10-30-2018, 04:11 PM
This message has been deleted by Kman34. Reason: Insensitive
rabblerouser 04:11 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Changes in your life will always create feelings of doubt and depression, it's completely natural.

You are the Captain of your own ship, you need to take control and steer it in a better direction.
This is good advice...a LOT of changes in my life, and I'm extremely doubtful about my abilities. I feel like I don't have control at all, I feel like I'm turning the wheel but the steering column isn't attached to the sway bar while I'm sliding on the ice.

The hard part is regaining some semblence of control, everything looks good from the outside...but on the inside, I'm falling apart.

Originally Posted by In58men:
I’ll be your friend!!!!!
You've always been cool to me - you rock!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:12 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Take antidepressants?
NO!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:13 PM 10-30-2018
I'll hang out... Will you take me to the Chili Cook-off?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 29
1 234511 > Last »
Up