ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 202
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel
DaFace 01:06 PM 09-29-2018
Yes, it's in the other thread. Bite me.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...ty-on-his-heel

REPORT: Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel
New information on Berry’s sore heel injury emerged on Saturday.

By Pete Sweeney Sep 29, 2018, 1:15pm CDT

Eric Berry has not practiced or played for the Kansas City Chiefs since August 11 in St. Joseph, Missouri, because of what the team has described as a “sore heel.”

The last we heard from the Chiefs athletic training staff was in early September, when head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder described the injury as “literally day to day.”

More information on Berry’s injury emerged Saturday morning, via NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo:

Mike Garafolo: “My understanding, and I’ve spoken to people familiar with his injury situation. He’s got what’s called a Haglund’s deformity in that Achilles. That’s a bone spur that basically digs into the Achilles. Shaun O’ Hara, our colleague at NFL Network, he had it. I spoke to him this week. He said it is extremely painful. He actually used a more colorful word that I won’t use here. It’s just something that continues to irritate the area. Some guys have been able to play with it—you get a shoe here or there, you can adjust … but that’s what’s going on. It’s going to be a pain management thing. It’s not like this thing will tear the Achilles necessarily. A lot of these cases don’t result in a tear, but that’s why with Berry right now, he has not played, and they’ve been doing OK. That’s going to allow them a little bit more patience with Berry, but it is extremely painful.”

This provides a little more clarity than Berry’s injury simply being a “sore heel,” which is good, but what’s bad is there still seems to be no timetable. Remember, Berry missed nearly the entirety of the 2017 season due to a ruptured Achilles on the other leg.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was mum on the injury when asked about it Saturday afternoon after the Chiefs’ final practice of the week.

Berry is officially ruled doubtful heading into the Monday night game against the Denver Broncos.

----

Here are the notes from our in-house medical expert, Aaron Borgmann:

A lot of talk today regarding something known as a Haglund’s deformity. It was reported by a media source that the player in question suffers from this condition. This discussion is not to confirm or deny that possibility, as I can only explain the available information that we have been given. To be clear, the team has not confirmed this diagnosis and I have no advance knowledge of the player’s current condition.

The simple explanation here that it is indeed a bone spur on the backside of someone’s heel. This is frequently known as a “pump bump” from the occurrence that it is often seen in women’s fashion from the shoes that they wear. However, incidence in football players is also common, sometimes referred to as “retrocalcaneal bursitis” as well.

The bone spur irritates the bursa (fluid-filled sac) that sits between the bone and the tendon or even the tendon itself directly. This can cause a great deal of inflammation and discomfort with any sort of dynamic ankle/foot movement, worse with pressure on the spot itself.

Having one in and of itself it not uncommon, but the degree to which it bothers someone is the issue. Depending upon demands of movement, these can range from debilitating to just a nuisance. Obviously, in football players, the degree of inflammation is what dictates the level of function.

These are diagnosed both visually and radiographically and it is a situation where if you see it and player complains of certain symptoms (pain with movement in that exact spot, swelling, redness) then you can be pretty sure that is what it is.

Treatment focuses on reduction of inflammation obviously directly over the spot. This can be done both topically and through systemic medication. Soft tissue lengthening in both the calf and bottom of the foot is also done to alleviate the issue from both sides – this is due to the fact that both the calf and plantar fascia connect to the calcaneus (heel bone) on either side.

Not to be forgotten is footwear modification and adjustment. Very rigid shoes can cause this irritation, and in some athletes, I would even cut the shoe in the heel to allow room for the bump. Other options include specialized padding and friction reduction methods. Heel lifts have been shown to be helpful in some.

For this condition, non-surgical intervention is preferred to reduce the inflammation as opposed to surgical due to the immobilization period.

If the inflammation can be reduced and the function level high, many players learned to adapt their daily routines to accommodate. They may have to put in a bit more time in order to get ready due to the condition’s demands but can nonetheless get by and still perform at a high level.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:47 PM 11-17-2018
At this point, I'd be satisfied with Eric Berry standing on the sidelines, not looking like he blows guys for heroin money.

Alas, not even that.

And that is a disciplinary problem that, unfortunately, runs deep in this organization and can be seen on multiple gamedays.

Only by Mahomes' greatness is that fact mitigated, but it is still unacceptable coming from a HC with so much experience.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:03 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's frustrating for everyone, yes, and I 100% back cutting him after this season if he doesn't come back and play at a Pro Bowl level soon and I may even support it even if he does but his injury is no reason to hate the guy.
Oh..but there is IS reason.

Berry threw a shit-fit during negotiations. He literally wouldn't talk to Dorsey...he knew JD didn't like the risk of a player, freshly removed from chemo, getting a shit-ton of guaranteed money.

Even AFTER he got his record deal...he was blowing off non-mandated team activities. He had a personal vendetta against Dorsey for asking him to take an insurance policy out. This whole Dorsey fiasco lies at the feet of Berry and his agent. EB went over the GM's head to get his deal...and forced Hunt into the negotiation picture. He did this after they payed him while doing his cancer treatment...which they didn't have to. It's ****ed up...

This day-to-day crapola is just damage control...for an ill-advised contract.

Sorry but Berry in no angel...I think he's extremely manipulative and KC is paying the price right now. I'm still trying to figure out how a non-football related heel condition has escalated into missing an entire season? Was this not vetted before his deal...he has had this chronic issue in the past. Did Chunt not do due diligence on this and put financial precautions in place...or was he just trying to calm the negative press that Berry intentionally created? Does EB have a clause in his contract that gives his private doctors the power to say when he can play.

Bottom line is Berry caused all kinds of internal BS drama to get his contract...and has played 3/4 of one game and missed 27 straight. The GM who saw this coming and warned against it is now fired...and Berry is a cheerleader.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:07 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Packers pay players. See: Devante Adams.

What the Packers don't do is give Ha Ha Clinton Dix 70 million dollars. See: Chiefs.
The Packers roster is pure dogshit
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:12 PM 11-17-2018
Packers are fucked with that Rodgers contract plus coach Mike McBoring
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:16 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I’m sour on paying Earl Thomas big money, because that’s the only way he signs with anyone.

I agree with you on the draft. The best way to mitigate Eric Berry’s contract is to draft cheap young talent.

I think the formula should be to use big resources on pass rushers and simply draft (or pay reasonable money) to literally every other position unless they are a star.

Defense looks a lot better because we got Scandrick, Fuller, Williams, Lucas and our draft picks. None of those guys are stars or even well known by national media, but they are solid guys who aren’t dumpster fires like Ron Parker.

I think this is where the league is heading.
Maybe it's just me but I don't notice Williams that much at all. Pretty much everybody else on the DL I notice.
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:23 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Might play before Berry:

Image: Not Safe for Work
AJ Hawk
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:27 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
At this point, I'd be satisfied with Eric Berry standing on the sidelines, not looking like he blows guys for heroin money.

Alas, not even that.

And that is a disciplinary problem that, unfortunately, runs deep in this organization and can be seen on multiple gamedays.

Only by Mahomes' greatness is that fact mitigated, but it is still unacceptable coming from a HC with so much experience.
Andy needs to snatch that coat off his non playing pussy ass.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:48 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
AJ Hawk
Eric "Haglund" Berry....
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:15 AM 11-18-2018
Well Bosa is expected to be active this week. Berry is still nowhere to be found. Fucking wonderful.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:16 AM 11-18-2018
This deal will make the nfl network top 10 worst contract deals of all time countdown list

Which is nice
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:26 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
This deal will make the nfl network top 10 worst contract deals of all time countdown list

Which is nice
It has potential to be #1...Berry hasn't even completed a single game since signing a record contract.

I dont think that's ever happened...
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Well Bosa is expected to be active this week. Berry is still nowhere to be found. ****ing wonderful.
Shit..Dirty Dan has a plate in his leg and is already back....but Berry has "discomfort" in his heel. :-)
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 12:34 AM 11-18-2018
The fucking pussy ass KC press won't push for info. This shit would never fly in ny, chicago etc.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:42 AM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
The ****ing pussy ass KC press won't push for info. This shit would never fly in ny, chicago etc.
The reason they arent touching it is it has all kinds of power-struggle worms attached to it. This is Chunt's contract...he went over Dorsey's head and it's an absolute turd. Quite possibly the biggest bust in modern NFL history...

Had Dorsey brokered this clunker...they would be all over it.

Seriously, nobody in KC media even asks anything. It's very bizarre...
[Reply]
BossChief 12:45 AM 11-18-2018
I heard he can run full speed on a treadmill now and is getting really close to being able to practice. I’ll be shocked if he’s not practicing after the bye and playing in the Ravens game.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 202
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Up