ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 221
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:27 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:

First time out this year. Third cast. I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice catch Pablo!
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:43 AM 06-08-2019

First time out this year. Third cast. I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey it’s the mighty Pablo, nice fish bud!
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 06-08-2019
Nice

It was free fishing day for the kids at the Arkansas hatchery department this morning where they release trout into spring river in mammoth spring. Took the boys down there and caught their limit in about 20 minutes

Now I get to clean 8 trout. Not ideal but they enjoyed it.

Dad and I caught 20 goggle eye down on the river last night. Always enjoyable
[Reply]
Pablo 12:00 PM 06-08-2019
Thanks guys. Felt good to get out and hook into a nice one. Just have to make it a point to do it more often.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:38 PM 06-08-2019
Thanks guys. Felt good to get out and hook into a nice one. Just have to make it a point to do it more often.
Hit some God damn Naturdays and make this a killer weekend!
[Reply]
lewdog 01:39 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Headed to fish in Northern Idaho. Anyone have tips for lake fishing Trout and others up there?
Your biggest thread in Norther Idaho is Aryan nation.

I hope you're white.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:47 PM 06-08-2019
Had myself a productive day and night friday, 3 red ear, 3 pumpkin seed, 4 bluegill, 2 bass but none bigger than 2-3 pounds, but still fun though

Then as evening set in I chopped side off one of the bluegill and threw it on a big hook with some guts and yanked in a good 5-6 pound channel... had plenty enough for a big fry up, but was too buzzed up to wanna come home and clean them all

Caught all but the cat on a good old fashioned night crawler and a bobber, fishing 101
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 06-08-2019
Couple fish from last month or so:

Tiger trout (brown/brookie hybrid) about 20 inches

Your basic Mogollon Rim brown trout 22 inches.

[Reply]
stonedstooge 05:58 PM 06-08-2019
I got to fish the Missouri River ONCE last April (2018) and the river was constantly at 17 feet all the rest of the year. At that level all the wing dikes are covered and I can’t fish. This year I have about 3 feet of the Missouri River rolling through my garage/basement. Second time this spring. I’m currently living on a generator, bottled water and a prayer.! turn 60 this year so my fishing life doesn’t have a whole lot of seasons left. What a bitch. Thanks Gavins Point dam
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:56 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Couple fish from last month or so:

Tiger trout (brown/brookie hybrid) about 20 inches

Your basic Mogollon Rim brown trout 22 inches.
You’re clearly a master fisherman and outdoorsman, you always look like some guy on assignment from National Geographic during your adventures... with the trophy fish to prove it
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:01 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
I got to fish the Missouri River ONCE last April (2018) and the river was constantly at 17 feet all the rest of the year. At that level all the wing dikes are covered and I can’t fish. This year I have about 3 feet of the Missouri River rolling through my garage/basement. Second time this spring. I’m currently living on a generator, bottled water and a prayer.! turn 60 this year so my fishing life doesn’t have a whole lot of seasons left. What a bitch. Thanks Gavins Point dam
You might try a simple worm and bobber setup in that basement

Sorry, just going for some levity there... hang tough, the rains have to stop by at least July right?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:29 PM 06-08-2019
Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between a male and female fish? I think only females get caught because I'm yet to hook a fish with a nutsack.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:35 PM 06-08-2019
I really , really want to do this.

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:41 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between a male and female fish? I think only females get caught because I'm yet to hook a fish with a nutsack.
Females will bitch you out for wasting your time fishing.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 07:45 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You might try a simple worm and bobber setup in that basement

Sorry, just going for some levity there... hang tough, the rains have to stop by at least July right?
Yeah it’s been tough the last two years. Been times I fished 3 days a week. I almost hate to try and catch anything since Omaha is dumping untreated sewage right into the river, and I’m about 80 miles as the crow flies from that mess. I put worms out(3 poles) one morning after flood number 1 and had nothing touch them for twenty hours
[Reply]
Page 171 of 221
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Up