ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 100
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:43 PM 01-13-2021
This is what I think happens this weekend:

Chiefs win.

IF the Ravens don’t just take the same defensive approach against the Bills that they have previously against KC... the Ravens will beat Buffalo.

Then, fortunately, it will let Andy get a look at how Baltimore will very likely approach playing the Chiefs this go around. I don’t expect the constant blitzing to continue.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:51 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Looks like daquix is gonna have some time off...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...-were-playing/
Sounds like that was a "gotta get a job for a few minutes and get fired real quick so I can keep my unemployment" job. Lazy ass.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:53 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is what I think happens this weekend:

Chiefs win.

IF the Ravens don’t just take the same defensive approach against the Bills that they have previously against KC... the Ravens will beat Buffalo.

Then, fortunately, it will let Andy get a look at how Baltimore will very likely approach playing the Chiefs this go around. I don’t expect the constant blitzing to continue.
I feel like Ravens would keep safeties high, play a lot of man press and rush 4 this time around vs kc
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:57 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I feel like Ravens would keep safeties high, play a lot of man press and rush 4 this time around vs kc
They have to adjust. They’ve tried the blitzing stuff 3 times now and it’s not worked yet.

They also traded for Ngakoue since the last game, who helps them rush with fewer bodies.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:04 PM 01-13-2021
They have to adjust. They’ve tried the blitzing stuff 3 times now and it’s not worked yet.

They also traded for Ngakoue since the last game, who helps them rush with fewer bodies.

Only problem is Ngakoue is really only a standout pass rusher when playing a wide aligned three-point stance. They’re using him as an OLB who stands up some of the time and drops and etc. really limits his impact.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:06 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Only problem is Ngakoue is really only a standout pass rusher when playing a wide aligned three-point stance. They’re using him as an OLB who stands up some of the time and drops and etc. really limits his impact.
I definitely think it’s an imperfect scheme fit, and right now the strength of that unit is actually run defense despite all the credit the secondary gets.

Regardless, they’re going to put a gameplan out there on Saturday that should closely resemble whatever they might do against Kansas City the next time around.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 PM 01-13-2021
Ngakoue has basically been shitty on the Ravens.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 01-13-2021
It would be interesting to see how the Ravens runs D would hold up if they’re dropping 7. Williams and Campbell are really good against the run.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:39 PM 01-13-2021

There are two problems they have to overcome defensively.

One, Martindale is a blitzer. Part of his scheme is blitzing and simulating blitzes. He can't really go away from that.

Two, his defense is literally designed around blitzing. He has two CBs that are supposed to play on islands, a front that's supposed to stop the run, and LBs that are supposed to get to the passer. This is who they are. he can't just make them something else. Just as he can't just be someone else.

BAL is going to blitz. It's who they are. And they simply don't have the players to rush their DL and put everyone else into coverage. They can't generate pressure that way, and their secondary isn't built to cover that long.

I would like to see them try that though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 PM 01-13-2021
Ravens vs Chiefs
Rams vs Saints

That’s my Championship games prediction
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:50 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ravens vs Chiefs
Rams vs Saints

But who wins the LAR/NOR game? Chiefs vs. who?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 PM 01-13-2021
Saints. They’ll finally get back to the SB.

And if they win it then maybe I’ll finally buy in to Blackop’s rigged shit
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ravens vs Chiefs
Rams vs Saints

I agree on the AFC, but I think it’ll be the opposite in the NFC.

The Bucs will somehow get lucky and beat the Saints this time, and the Rams just can’t keep up with the Packers with Rodgers going against an injured Goff.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:10 PM 01-13-2021
I'll be honest: i would love a GB vs. KC Super Bowl. Partly because of the football story, but mostly because I want to see Mahomes go toe-to-toe with a legend that's still in his prime. I want to see Patrick match his play against the best QB in the game today. And I want Rodgers to have the best day of his life, so that it's the ultimate shoot-out. 67-63, something like that. That would be legendary.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:14 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'll be honest: i would love a GB vs. KC Super Bowl.
I would too.

I prefer style matchups like top 2 defense vs. top 2 offense but this is the current NFL.

Top 5 offense and no worse than 20th defense could probably make the SB...
[Reply]
Page 88 of 100
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Up