ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 162
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It’s kinda hard now to look back on the Schottenheimer years as being great, when we know what great really feels like.

I did enjoy them though.
That's true for sure.

For me though, I was tired of the Schottenheimer era by the time it ended. It just felt like we were cursed. And then Carl hired Gunther.

DV was brief respite if for no other reason than we got to see what a real offense looked like for the first time in over a decade. Of course, the defense was freaking awful so in comes Herman Edwards.

The only thing that makes the Carl Peterson era even remotely tolerable now is the knowledge that we replaced by an even worse GM.
[Reply]
Mav 12:16 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Aren't you the dude that's like that dumb as fuck family from that Mastercard commercial

I'm a 49er, Brown, Chief, Jet, Viking, NOW HE EATS ROETHLISBERGER fan

I’m whatever you want me to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 12-11-2020
With everything that has changed I think this is now the best team the AFC can offer us which is why we should cruise to another SB. It would be a massive disappointment not to be in Tampa Bay in February.

The likeliest team to beat KC. #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/wCoDcGDrCT

— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) December 11, 2020

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:07 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
With everything that has changed I think this is now the best team the AFC can offer us which is why we should cruise to another SB. It would be a massive disappointment not to be in Tampa Bay in February.

He makes some good points. Although they didn't seem to belong on the same field in the first matchup. Is their personnel a lot different now than on that day?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:12 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
Probably scoring at a higher pace because they've cut down the sacks they've taken dramatically. Plus Corey Davis is playing significantly better.

Agreed that their defense is truly terrible. Just watching Vrabel get frustrated every time opponents convert on 3rd down is priceless.
yep....glad you mentioned that....I totally forgot about the worst 3rd down D in the league (on top of just overall poor defensive play)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 PM 12-11-2020
Let’s see the Bills beat the Steelers before we put them at #2 in the AFC.

If they win, I will agree 100%.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:16 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know this will sound crazy, but I think the two teams with the best chance to beat us in the playoffs are the Cleveland Browns and the Tennessee Titans.
Patrick Mahomes v Baker Mayfield or Ryan Tannehill?

:-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:16 PM 12-11-2020

Finally! somebody gets it!

*too bad Greeny didn't mention how the Chiefs ran all over the Bills and had 37mins TOP in the game they played in Buffalo earlier this year....But I digress....the only way a team is going to beat us is if they put up points....and I don't fundamentally disagree that Buffalo is likely the biggest threat....
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:16 PM 12-11-2020

The Bills are definitely the 2nd best team in the AFC behind the Chiefs, IMO. They look pretty salty right now, but only 2nd best.

Chiefs v Packers in SB LV
KC gets revenge for their SB I loss
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:17 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He makes some good points. Although they didn't seem to belong on the same field in the first matchup. Is their personnel a lot different now than on that day?
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Steelers beat the Bills on SNF.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:34 PM 12-11-2020
Patrick Mahomes v Baker Mayfield or Ryan Tannehill?

:-)
No. Our defense versus their dominant time-of-possession eating running backs and strong play action passing games built off of their running attack.

I am sure you said David Carr versus Patrick Mahomes, lol, right before we lost our only game this year.

Its foolish to think that any playoff game is a certain victory. Both of those teams feature elite running backs. Hell, Cleveland has two elite running backs. The only chance teams have to win is to limit our offensive possessions, or score 40 points like the Raiders did.

Newsflash: We aren't unbeatable.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No. Our defense versus their dominant time-of-possession eating running backs and strong play action passing games built off of their running attack.

I am sure you said David Carr versus Patrick Mahomes, lol, right before we lost our only game this year.

Its foolish to think that any playoff game is a certain victory. Both of those teams feature elite running backs. Hell, Cleveland has two elite running backs. The only chance teams have to win is to limit our offensive possessions, or score 40 points like the Raiders did.

Newsflash: We aren't unbeatable.

The problem is, you're wrong.

Outside of the Colts lost last year when Mahomes was limping and our top two WR's plus starting LT were out, we've NEVER lost a game to limited possessions.

The only teams that have beaten us have outscored us through the air.

You're overrating Cleveland and Tennessee, especially considering that neither of them really have a defense designed to hold up their end of the "limit their possessions" bargain.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 12-11-2020
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Steelers beat the Bills on SNF.
Kind of where I'm at. BUF has enough talent to win that game, and based on just how inefficient PIT has been over the last 3-4 games, on paper I'd give BUF the nod.

But BUF has no pass rush, no running game, and Josh Allen looks uncomfortable against a good DL rush and press man secondary so far in his career.

The key to BUF winning the game will be how fast they start, IMO. If they can get out to an early lead to help them hide their issues on defense, they have better than a coinflip's chance of stealing that game.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Outside of the Colts lost last year when Mahomes was limping and our top two WR's plus starting LT were out, we've NEVER lost a game to limited possessions.

You're overrating Cleveland and Tennessee, especially considering that neither of them really have a defense designed to hold up their end of the "limit their possessions" bargain.
Exactly. Even if the Chiefs have to score fast, the Titans and Browns don’t have the defense to stop them from doing so.

It’s also entirely possible that the Chiefs would win TOP in those games anyways.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:38 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Yes we did. We lost to the Texans because we only had 20 minutes, and the Texans had the ball for 40 minutes.

[Reply]
Page 96 of 162
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Up