ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 162
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
An Analysis of Josh's game vs. the Chiefs earlier this year.

This guy brings some stats into his review.
And here I thought I was the only one who remembered that the Chiefs actually beat Buffalo in Buffalo this season.
[Reply]
diqlix 08:21 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And here I thought I was the only one who remembered that the Chiefs actually beat Buffalo in Buffalo this season.
Yeah, Allen was horrible that game.

Hopefully he gets at least a chance at redemption in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:23 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
You’re actually interpreting it a little incorrectly.

The fact that the Bills beat the Jets twice, HURTS their SOV.

Because it adds two 0-12 games to their victories.

The Bills have the highest SOV, despite playing the Jets twice.

Without the Jets games, the Bills BLOW AWAY everyone else in SOV, rather than just beating them.

No matter how you slice it, the Bills have the hardest schedule in the league.

The highest SOS and 2nd highest SOV, despite playing the Jets twice which lowers both numbers.

It’s kinda incredible actually.

They have played 8 playoff or “in the hunt” teams. To my knowledge, no other team has done that.

I realize you kinda want to downplay it, but there is no way around it.
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm being objective. The Bills played 3 teams this season that were true playoff-caliber teams. Even though one has one of the worst defenses in recent memory.

The other 4 teams aren't very good, regardless of what their record indicates.

I'm using my experience from last season in particular, but also many other seasons as a chiefs fan, to mitigate the whole "Strength of schedule" thing, but most of the time it's barely reliable as an indicator.

PIT is a bad team. And it doesn't matter what their record indicated before two weeks ago.

They are basically the same bad team NE was last season. Their record and stats told a fairy tale about how good they were. But the reality was that they were at best a WC team, and probably not even that good. PIT is the same team this season.

Statistically, the Seahawks defense is terrible.

Raiders defense is actually worse.

Anyway, I've made my point. Done here.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:25 PM 12-16-2020
Strength of victory is not a stat. You could have a 0-15 team beat a 15-0 team and that would mean that the 1-15 team has the highest strength of victory. Big whoop.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:30 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
don't worry....Buffalo is the flavor of the week.

In a twist of fate, I believe it was Buffalo getting blown out by the Tits that started this whole jeff.fisher debacle in this very thread (I could be wrong though)....

appears we have gone full circle!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 PM 12-16-2020
"Hardest schedule in the league " means jack shit when the Chiefs packed your shit in
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:41 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
This thread is hilarious. Not one person mentioned the Titans, who have the best record in the afc and tannehill playing on par with mahomie. I told you guys, you caught em at the right time last year, 4 straight road games and Henry was overused down the stretch.
This is the Titans year, you guys had last year (because the titans did the dirty work for you)
Yep! Bills got rolled by the Tits on Oct 13th.....

EDIT: this was posted on Oct 17th
[Reply]
diqlix 08:52 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm being objective. The Bills played 3 teams this season that were true playoff-caliber teams. Even though one has one of the worst defenses in recent memory.

The other 4 teams aren't very good, regardless of what their record indicates.

I'm using my experience from last season in particular, but also many other seasons as a chiefs fan, to mitigate the whole "Strength of schedule" thing, but most of the time it's barely reliable as an indicator.

PIT is a bad team. And it doesn't matter what their record indicated before two weeks ago.

They are basically the same bad team NE was last season. Their record and stats told a fairy tale about how good they were. But the reality was that they were at best a WC team, and probably not even that good. PIT is the same team this season.

Statistically, the Seahawks defense is terrible.

Raiders defense is actually worse.

Anyway, I've made my point. Done here.
What is your definition of “playoff caliber”?

Because apparently, making the actual playoffs isn’t your definition of playoff caliber lol.

What you seem to be saying is that no NFL team is perfect. And yeah, i’d agree.
[Reply]
diqlix 08:54 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Strength of victory is not a stat. You could have a 0-15 team beat a 15-0 team and that would mean that the 1-15 team has the highest strength of victory. Big whoop.
SOV is actually a stat. Look it up. And no, that’s not how it works.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:59 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
"Hardest schedule in the league " means jack shit when the Chiefs packed your shit in
Thing is, as Chiefs fans, we've all indulged in these kinds of "factoids" to soothe our anxieties about the chiefs. How many times did we strut around telling our friends about how we had "the highest scoring offense in the league," or "the best defense in football (usually based on total yards given up), or "our defense racked up the most sacks," or "our QB is statistically the best in the NFL,":-)

I know I did for decades. It was the whole "Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFL" that killed that sort of thing for me. I knew damn well Alex wasn't the best QB in the NFL, and so did just about every Chiefs fan (or football fan for that matter) that year. So we weren't surprised when "the best QB in football" didn't play like the best QB in the league in the playoffs. But it stung anyway, because that stupid factoid gave us hope. Screw it, it was a big cocktease, is what it was.

i mean, we get it. When you've lived through years, decades, half a century of failure, you tend to hang onto these 'tropes' or whatever like security blankets. You want to believe that they mean something. Otherwise, you're left with that sinking feeling that your team is the same old bunch of losers that they were last season. And the season before that. Ad infinitum.

So I understand where DQ is coming from; I think we all do, those of us that have been KC fans for more than the Andy Reid era anyway. Especially those of us that lived through the Marty era.:-)

DQ and probably the bulk of BUF fans are where we were not that long ago. They finally got a QB worthy of being called a QB, and he's actually pretty good, and the whole football world is already crowning him as the arch-competitor to Mahomes. So now they want to jump to Super Bowl contention.

BUF isn't quite there yet. We can see it, because we lived through it multiple times, but BUF fans probably can't, because they haven't had the curse of having "the best defense," or the statistically highest scoring offense," or whatever, year after year. They went from 20 years in the desert, to Josh Allen. It'd be like 20 years of Romeo Crennel, and then Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid just appear in Arrowhead.

We'd be just as awe-struck, most likely, and just unable to see the glaring issues with either the team or the player. just chuck made-up stats on the board and hope most of it sticks.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:00 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
SOV is actually a stat. Look it up. And no, that’s not how it works.
Well then how is it figured? I'm genuinely curious, because I thought you said that SOV was just the winning percentage of the teams you beat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Sorry but SOV is not only an official stat, it's an NFL playoff tiebreaker.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:01 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I believe the Chiefs have reached the point where if they lose it's because they fucked up on multiple levels.

The only game I've watched where they truly deserved to lose was in the SB. San Fran had whooped them for 3 1/2 quarters until history happened.

I don’t think you are remembering the game very well. The Chiefs won the first 20 minutes, the 49ers the next 30 minutes and the Chiefs the last 10. The Chiefs had more first downs, more yards, and more time of possession. It was a fairly even game but when the Chiefs were at their best they created distance and dominated the way the 49ers couldn’t when they were at their best.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:04 PM 12-16-2020
Cleveland Browns? Are they really for real?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:05 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Titans are in a full-on collapse.

Cleveland won't play like that against Pittsburgh.
Cleveland punched Pittsburgh directly in the dick.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 162
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Up