ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3531 of 3903
« First < 2531303134313481352135273528352935303531 3532353335343535354135813631 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 08:14 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...darts&_sacat=0
Well, yeah. But we all wear helmets now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 06-28-2021
So the good news with the mutations is that there can only be so many mutations in the spike protein before it mutates itself out of being able to bind to human cells
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:05 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So the good news with the mutations is that there can only be so many mutations in the spike protein before it mutates itself out of being able to bind to human cells
That is really good info never knew that.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:14 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Nobody knows your body better than you and you have the right to choose what's right for you.

Do you actually believe that?

Just :-) :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 11:30 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Do you actually believe that?

Just :-) :-)
You'll survive.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:14 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
True but once the FDA fully approves it I imagine lots of companies will mandate it (not for altruistic motives but they want everyone to come back into the office). We already saw the courts rule in favor of the Houston hospital that enforced it so we should see more of this happening in the near future.
Our office definitely reminding people they can get it and even doing on site. Just shy of forcing it. I could see that happening.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:14 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
asked a friend about this saying there will be mutations to it that render it useless in humans. But those variants won't be transmitted obviously. We'll still be spreading the other ones.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:44 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

I get the sentiment. It's not bad to get exposed to stuff that's harmless if that helps us against the harmful stuff. It's just hard to selectively do it.

As far as human contact, I really think I'd be a great candidate for a Mars mission. I'm perfectly content sitting in my house and having only the occasional video chat with others, even if it's on a 24-hour time lag due to the distance from the sun. Being the sole passenger on a freighter a few years ago will definitely go on my resume when they start hiring settlers.

I hadn't really thought about this before, but presumably when we settle Mars there'll be no contagious diseases, right? If you check people before they blast off from earth, measles and covid and diphtheria will never make the jump.
Nature finds a way.

:-)

An outbreak of common colds at an Antarctic base after seventeen weeks of complete isolation
T. R. Allen, A. F. Bradburne, E. J. Stott, C. S. Goodwin, and D. A. J. Tyrrell

INTRODUCTION
It has commonly been believed that on small Antarctic bases, isolated for many
months, upper respiratory infections die out during the first few weeks of isolation
and that the men are virtually symptom-free for the rest of the isolation period.
With the arrival of the relief ship or aircraft, outbreaks of respiratory disease have
been noted to occur (Taylor, 1960; Siple, 1960; Hedblom, 1961; Cameron & Moore,
1968; Holmes, Allen, Bradburne & Stott, 1971). This has tended to follow the
pattern seen in other isolated communities (Paul & Freese, 1933; Shibli, Gooch,
Lewis & Tyrrell, 1971).
Several studies of upper respiratory disease in men at isolated Antarctic
stations have been undertaken. Sera obtained from the McMurdo Sound wintering
party of 1958 were tested for the presence of antibodies to a number of respiratory
viruses, but not including rhinoviruses, and showed no evidence of infection with
any of the viral antigens tested (Chanock, R. M., quoted by Cameron & Moore,
1968). A systematic study of monthly serum specimens collected from the members of the South African National Antarctic Expeditions in 1961-62 showed no
evidence of new virus infection (J. H. S. Gear, quoted by Cameron & Moore,
1968). In their 1968 study of the epidemiology of respiratory infections at Mawson,
an Australian Antarctic Research Expedition station, Cameron & Moore (1968)
made observations on infective diseases during the period of isolation, and found
no diagnostic rises in antibody titre against influenza viruses A and B, mumps,
adenovirus, herpes simplex and ornithosis. All attempts at virus isolation from
throat, nose and faeces swabs were unsuccessful. * The apparent absence of respiratory infections for long periods during isolation
in Antarctica has provided opportunity for basic epidemiological study, and
T. R. ALLEN AND OTHERS
experimental inoculation of volunteers using easily traced viruses was started in
1968 with interesting results (Holmes et al. 1971). Further study along these lines
was contemplated for the winter of 1969 at Adelaide Island Base, one of the
British Antarctic Survey stations. During the preliminary observation period,
after 17 weeks of isolation, upper respiratory symptoms occurred in one man and
then spread to half the Base complement over the next week in the manner of an
infectious disease. No virus had been artificially introduced at this time, and the
outbreak was unexpected.
Clinical records were kept, samples of serum and nasal
washings were taken for analysis in the United Kingdom, and possible enviionmental factors were noted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00082-0026.pdf
[Reply]
O.city 01:26 PM 06-28-2021
Luckily the hospitalizations aren't quite tracking the cases like they did last year, likely due to the age group.

Hopefully it stays that way, although I will say there are quite a few young hospitalizations here in our area.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:40 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You'll survive.
Saying you know your own body better than actual doctors and scientists is some first-tier crystals and sage bullshit.

Give me a break you morons are unbelievable.
[Reply]
Otter 02:01 PM 06-28-2021
Saying you know your own body better than actual doctors and scientists is some first-tier crystals and sage bullshit.

Give me a break you morons are unbelievable.
:-)

You freak
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:05 PM 06-28-2021
You're a dumbshit
[Reply]
Otter 02:07 PM 06-28-2021
You're a dumbshit
You just summarized my take on a pandemic off of a 4 word post.

People don't tell you when your getting fat, people don't tell you when you're ugly.

But I will tell YOU that your clueless to who you're speaking to and you are dumb.

Now work the fry station.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:09 PM 06-28-2021
Gotta love "your clueless"
[Reply]
Otter 02:14 PM 06-28-2021
Gotta love "your clueless"
'

feel better dumbass?
[Reply]
Page 3531 of 3903
« First < 2531303134313481352135273528352935303531 3532353335343535354135813631 > Last »
Up