ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2581 of 3903
« First < 1581208124812531257125772578257925802581 258225832584258525912631268130813581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:31 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well, usually in a school bus, the windows have these little clips that one may squeeze in order to release the window mechanism.

Are we more afraid of a little chilly air that can be offset by jackets, hats, and fuzzy masks? Or are we more fearful of the super death virus that is coming for us all? C'mon man, we have to make sacrifices here.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a real response but exposing children to sub-freezing weather while sitting on a bus for 60 minutes, 10 hours per week (or in some cases, more) in order to prevent them from contracting and spreading a deadly virus?

Hard pass on that option.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:32 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Hell if I know, I’m a teacher; they don’t tell us shit. I’m going to do in person teaching in fall bc bills to pay but the whole thing is fucked
All of our High school and Elementary school teachers got paid their salary in full. Part of that was covered by the PPP through the schools. Most of these teachers have either Tenure or on contracts.
[Reply]
loochy 11:33 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

I have seen several mention their property taxes. I am curious do you all not use the Homestead act to get the taxes on your homes reduced by $350?
Well yeah, everyone with a brain uses that. It's kind of like going to one of those outlet stores where everything is supposedly discounted, but they really just have an outrageous initial price markup to make the end price look like a discount.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:33 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I would be super skeptical. The problem is that it treats the air drawn into the duct. If a person infected with covid sneezes up a room, it will infect others in the room on its way back through the ventilation system, long before the air containing the infected airborne particles has a chance to reach the special filter. By the time the air recirculates to that filter, it's going to have already infected people or would be dead. It doesn't stay alive airborn long enough for this to be of practical use in my opinion. Especially for larger work areas with infinitely more air volume.
Well, yeah, a sneeze in a crowded room is basically death on horseback so you can't do much about that.

I'm remembering the study of the cruise ship, and the transmissions there were happening from cabin to cabin through the ventilation system. Something like this would stop that. If you combine it with some of the other air movement things we've been reading about on planes like the Cone of Safety, maybe it would make recirculated air safe.
[Reply]
loochy 11:34 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or a real response but exposing children to sub-freezing weather while sitting on a bus for 60 minutes, 10 hours per week (or in some cases, more) in order to prevent them from contracting and spreading a deadly virus?

Hard pass on that option.
Of course it was sarcasm....but there are huge swaths of the country that don't experience that type of weather.

A one size fits all approach won't work here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:42 AM 07-13-2020
Of course it was sarcasm....but there are huge swaths of the country that don't experience that type of weather.
Cool. I don't know how much you've been following this thread but your post could have easily been a serious response.

A one size fits all approach won't work here.
No, it does not.

Each city, municipality and school district needs to formulate a plan that works for their students, teachers and other employees, which will vary greatly across the nation.

But the threat of losing Federal funding is throwing a wrench into what should be a District-By-District decision and clouding an already confusing future.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:44 AM 07-13-2020
Well yeah, everyone with a brain uses that. It's kind of like going to one of those outlet stores where everything is supposedly discounted, but they really just have an outrageous initial price markup to make the end price look like a discount.
Ah ok it is just people bitching about taxes to be bitching about paying taxes.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
loochy 11:46 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But the threat of losing Federal funding is throwing a wrench into what should be a District-By-District decision and clouding an already confusing future.
Don't worry, it will never happen.

You need to develop a "Trump Translator". He pretty much said "let's make school openings a priority".

That's not too political, is it?
[Reply]
tk13 11:47 AM 07-13-2020

Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/bog9z7eH7l

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 13, 2020

[Reply]
loochy 11:48 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Another asymptomatic, I'm sure.

This crap is so damn weird.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 AM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Link doesn't work
It seems to be overloaded. I can get it to work sometimes.
[Reply]
Donger 12:19 PM 07-13-2020
"“The fact is for the first time in months we have a 24-hour period where no one in this city died from the Coronavirus, it is so striking and so moving, be Blasio said at a news conference, "

“Twenty four hours where no one dies, let’s have many more days like that,” the mayor added.

Despite this good news, de Blasio also said there is a rising infection rates among people in their 20s, a trend he calls, "worrisome."

What the city is doing now: The mayor said the city will be “doubling down” on young adults by offering more mobile testing vans, outreach programs and mask giveaways.

The city, according to the mayor is issuing new guidance on face coverings, saying New Yorkers should wear a face covering as much as possible when around other people in an indoor setting that is not their home.

Mayor de Blasio said the city has set up 10 new testing sites in the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:21 PM 07-13-2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:24 PM 07-13-2020
Coronavirus vaccine tracker: How close are we to a vaccine?

Very nice of Brazil to offer their completely unchecked covid spread for our clinical trials.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:33 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is a great relief for me and I'm glad it was announced 6 weeks before school starts so that the kids have ample time to adjust to the news.
[Reply]
Page 2581 of 3903
« First < 1581208124812531257125772578257925802581 258225832584258525912631268130813581 > Last »
Up