ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How does our Defense personnel adjust to stop Henry?
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM 01-14-2020
What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:50 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) What the **** happened to that turd dude? He went apeshit in DC :-)
Either he found out we lost the TOP in the Texans game last Sunday, or hopefully been Rompered at this point.

That fucking guy...
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:42 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Good plan.

Question - can you spy or shadow a RB? Just wonder if that's what Dan should do.
Years ago, my dad took me to a Chiefs/Raiders game, which ended up being Bo's last game at Arrowhead. That entire game, Percy Snow basically did exactly this. Even on plays that had nothing to do with Bo, Percy was there putting a hat on him. Bo did nothing that game.

Not saying that's the script to follow, but I know it happened at least once, and it worked then.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:04 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
Use the Vikings Game Plan

Didn't they use Jones as De on early downs vs Min?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 AM 01-15-2020
Bear front with 3 DT’s and 2 DE’s.

Have a LB time a blitz to crash the A gap and flood the middle with bodies preventing running lanes. Have Clark and Suggs out wide to push the OT’s in forcing Henry to go backwards if he wants to go outside.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:23 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bear front with 3 DT’s and 2 DE’s.

Have a LB time a blitz to crash the A gap and flood the middle with bodies preventing running lanes. Have Clark and Suggs out wide to push the OT’s in forcing Henry to go backwards if he wants to go outside.
Guarantee there will be some of this on Sunday
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:29 AM 01-15-2020
I wish I had GamePass I would watch the game against the Donkeys to see how they held him to just 16 yds.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:34 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I wish I had GamePass I would watch the game against the Donkeys to see how they held him to just 16 yds.
They did?

Damn, I’m sure Spags and co will study that tape closely
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:38 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They did?

Damn, I’m sure Spags and co will study that tape closely

my bad he had 28 yds on 15 carries.

Only thing is that game was in October so I would have hoped they would have used some of what they did when we played them in November.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 01-15-2020
Probably a lot to do with mariota. Tannehill has completely changed that offense
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:45 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Probably a lot to do with mariota. Tannehill has completely changed that offense

Tranny started that game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:49 AM 01-15-2020
“Tranny” :-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:52 AM 01-15-2020
Chiefs had about 550 yards of offense against the Titans, including about 450 yards passing. Isn't the more relevant question what defensive adjustments are the Titans going to make? Fuck Henry -- he's irrelevant unless the Titans do something different on defense this time. What will they do attempt to do?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:53 AM 01-15-2020
Tranny started that game.
Mariota started and threw two picks. Tranny got thrown in to play the second half with the game pretty much lost at that point.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:58 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Chiefs had about 550 yards of offense against the Titans, including about 450 yards passing. Isn't the more relevant question what defensive adjustments are the Titans going to make? **** Henry -- he's irrelevant unless the Titans do something different on defense this time. What will they do attempt to do?
I don't think they can keep up in a sprint. But if we give them even the tiniest window the worst nightmare is Derrick Henry running on a remotely tired second half defense. We need an early lead and that means we have to make some early stops. And that seems to be much easier said than done.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 AM 01-15-2020
I think suggs is an enormous addition and perfect for a game like this. Ragland needs to be used more. Pennel being used at all is a huge win. And much as I love Thornhill he might have been a liability in a game like this.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up