ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 791
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think people realize he's 6'3, he's a big dude.
He was a freaking beast in college, man. One bad dude.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 02-21-2019
I’d also rather have Ford for the difference in how they’re handling these situations (if that’s true about Houston).
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’d also rather have Ford for the difference in how they’re handling these situations (if that’s true about Houston).
True. Ford is willing to accept his fate. Houston seems to want to be stubborn.

Still not thrilled with the idea of keeping Ford and his injury history but he appears to be a team player and you always want guys like that.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
True. Ford is willing to accept his fate. Houston seems to want to be stubborn.

Still not thrilled with the idea of keeping Ford and his injury history but he appears to be a team player and you always want guys like that.
And he’s the guy coming off a career year working for a second contract. It should be the other way around.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:53 PM 02-21-2019
Le'Veon Bell may have played in the NFL at 225 but him gaining weight isn't as big a deal as many think.

He hovered between 235 and 240 at Michigan State. Yeah, 260 is too big but he's not 40 pounds overweight. He was very effective in college at the heavier weight.
and he's still a terrible fit for this offense and in particular, this offensive line scheme.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and he's still a terrible fit for this offense and in particular, this offensive line scheme.
Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting he'd be a good fit for the Chiefs. I'm just saying his weight isn't as big a deal as some are making it out to be.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And he’s the guy coming off a career year working for a second contract. It should be the other way around.
Like I said earlier today, IIRC Houston was pretty upset about being tagged.

So like the polar opposite of Ford.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 02-21-2019
Here you go.

Nothing at all like Ford's reaction...

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/n...81p31bxd4zyu4u

Originally Posted by :
Justin Houston reportedly will try to force his way out of Kansas City by soliciting offer sheets from other teams.

Pro Football Talk reports the sack artist is "very upset" with the Chiefs after the team put a non-exclusive franchise tag on him. Houston's frustration is understandable, but his options are limited.

Any team that presents an offer sheet would have to surrender two first-round picks to sign him, and that's assuming the Chiefs don't exercise their right to match whatever offer the 26-year-old linebacker gets.

MORE: Salary cap casualties you'll never forget | Latest NFL Mock Draft

Houston can only hope his remarkable 22-sack performance last season leads to an exceptional offer. But he'll have to be prepared to let the process play out.

PFT notes that if a team waits until after this year's draft to sign Houston to an offer sheet, it would forfeit first-round selections in 2016 and 2017 rather than 2015 and 2016. Pushing that compensation back a year could prove appealing to a coach or team in a win-or-else situation that might be more willing to gamble on the impact Houston can make in the short term.

If no offers are forthcoming, PFT has reported Houston will "seriously consider" holding out until as late as Week 10 of the regular season, the deadline for signing a franchise tender. He would then finish out the final few weeks of the season and become a free agent in 2016.

[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 02-21-2019
Like I said earlier today, IIRC Houston was pretty upset about being tagged.

So like the polar opposite of Ford.
I believe you’re right
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:29 PM 02-21-2019
**** both Houston and Berry. Their time is up. Better a year early than a year late - the entire Chiefs front office should have learned this lesson by now. Parting with Hali/Johnson was the beginning, and now these two need to follow. At least Hali and DJ re-worked deals during their tenure, but for whatever reason, Houston and Berry have appeared difficult to deal with regarding contract negotiations.

Good luck to both, but new leadership is here and it is time to turn the page.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
**** both Houston and Berry. Their time is up. Better a year early than a year late - the entire Chiefs front office should have learned this lesson by now. Parting with Hali/Johnson was the beginning, and now these two need to follow. At least Hali and DJ re-worked deals during their tenure, but for whatever reason, Houston and Berry have appeared difficult to deal with regarding contract negotiations.

Good luck to both, but new leadership is here and it is time to turn the page.
Hali had contract issues too, it was just with the previous regime, not this one.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:39 PM 02-21-2019
This board cracks me up. A bunch of fat guys telling guys who have a limited window to make millions of dollars they should take a paycut and if they dont they are selfish lol. None of you would take a paycut to stay at your place of employment.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:47 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This board cracks me up. A bunch of fat guys telling guys who have a limited window to make millions of dollars they should take a paycut and if they dont they are selfish lol. None of you would take a paycut to stay at your place of employment.

I'm not fat. I'm 6'3" and about 195. I'm a tall drink of water, muthafucka.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 02-21-2019
To be fair, there's not more than 1 or 2 people here whose salary directly affects their employer's ability to hire more employees, as is the case with Houston and Berry.

Let's not pretend that these guys are anything like us.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:53 PM 02-21-2019
im 6'2" 220, I could probably lose a little weight but im not fat so come at me bro
[Reply]
Page 66 of 791
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166566 > Last »
Up