ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 516 of 791
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 517518519520526566616 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You'd have to let one of the Chiefs in line for an extension walk.

DJLN is big on Fuller, i'm kinda lukewarm on it, but that Lawrence extension would be huge.

Plus it would probably take pick 29 to get him.
I think if you sign Lawrence, it costs you Jones.

I don't think it has much bearing on Fuller; either they can get him extended this off-season or they'll lose him, IMO. With or without Lawrence, his salary slot will either be for him or for Jones. It's too big of a figure to really impact Fuller, if that makes any sense.

I don't think there's a chance in hell Lawrence signs for what Ford got. Not when he already has a $20 million guaranteed tag figure this year and there's no viable way to tag him next. He's gonna demand bank to stay out of the open market next season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-14-2019
Problem I see is that even mid tier guys are gonna get pretty solid money.

They'll wait out some of them til the money comes down i'd think.
Yep.

I don't think we'll see much movement, other than possibly a CB, before the draft now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't think it has much bearing on Fuller; either they can get him extended this off-season or they'll lose him, IMO. With or without Lawrence, his salary slot will either be for him or for Jones. It's too big of a figure to really impact Fuller, if that makes any sense.
I'd rather keep Jones and the draft pick(s).
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 03-14-2019
So are we sure we want to keep Jones? I know he's good and everyone loves him, but i'm always a little skeptical of paying DL that much who have some whispers of motor issues.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't think there's a chance in hell Lawrence signs for what Ford got. Not when he already has a $20 million guaranteed tag figure this year and there's no viable way to tag him next. He's gonna demand bank to stay out of the open market next season.
Would that be the worst thing?

I'm good with keeping Jones, it seems its what they want to do. But if you could tag and trade him to recoup your first rounder you traded for Lawrence...….I dunno.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd rather keep Jones and the draft pick(s).
Likewise.

And I think Reid is of similar mind given his comments last season about the state of pass-rushing. Reid is of the mind that the modern method of getting to the passer is up the middle. I think he overstates it somewhat (because that's also the most congested way of getting there), but if you ask him if he'd prefer an interior rusher to a pass-rushing DE, I think he'd absolutely say yes.

In either event, I think the idea that the Chiefs will make a play on the 2 major tagged rushers is baseless speculation that looks only at a single season worth of cap space and not the long-term ramifications. It seems DAMN unlikely, especially with the Chiefs electing to June 1 Berry and move more of his cap hit to 2020.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 03-14-2019
So are we sure we want to keep Jones? I know he's good and everyone loves him, but i'm always a little skeptical of paying DL that much who have some whispers of motor issues.
Lol that’s the most overblown BS on CP

Motor issues but he racked up 15.5 sacks in the interior :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 03-14-2019
I’d rather keep Jones and throw picks at the DE spot in hopes that you find a keeper.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03-14-2019, 09:56 AM
This message has been deleted by The Franchise.
pugsnotdrugs19 09:57 AM 03-14-2019
I think any motor issues with him are more conditioning related than effort related. He seems to want to be the best pretty badly. He changed his body last offseason and it had great results. Always talking about getting the ring...

Let’s Roll ������ https://t.co/QCoOkEg22D

— Chris Jones (@stonecoldjones_) March 14, 2019

I think he's the next closest thing to Donald, and he will fit right in this one gapping scheme.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol that’s the most overblown BS on CP

Motor issues but he racked up 15.5 sacks in the interior :-)
Yeah, he has issues in the run game. Now putting him in the 43 front may help some with that and he's just a big dude, no shit he's gonna get tired and have some lapses.

But paying DL that aren't Aaron Donald have had mixed results in the past.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 03-14-2019
Problem right now, is that Jones isn't going to be getting blocked with 1 guy with what they've got around him at the moment.

Obviously have a while to go, but you need quite a few up there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:59 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d rather keep Jones and throw picks at the DE spot in hopes that you find a keeper.
And odds are, they will find someone sooner than later.

It will be a lot easier to find an impact edge rusher than someone like Jones inside..
[Reply]
chiefscafan 10:00 AM 03-14-2019
So the Tyran Mathieu press conference is 2 central time today?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM 03-14-2019
Yeah, he has issues in the run game. Now putting him in the 43 front may help some with that and he's just a big dude, no shit he's gonna get tired and have some lapses.

But paying DL that aren't Aaron Donald have had mixed results in the past.
His issues in the run game are just mental lapses - he gets too aggressive and doesn't stay assignment-sound. That can be coached out of him (hopefully).

And with his physical talent, it's not a stretch to say he's one of the few that might actually BE Aaron Donald-esque.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 03-14-2019

The Chiefs have expressed interest in former #Mizzou star and #Cardinals DE Markus Golden, per a source.

Golden, a St. Louis native, is a former second-round pick who led Arizona in sacks with 12.5 in 2016. Golden tore his ACL in 2017 and had 2.5 sacks in 11 starts last season.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
Page 516 of 791
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 517518519520526566616 > Last »
Up