ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 791
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216616 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:56 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is where I'm at. I'm not a fan of keeping Berry at the single high, I just don't have any confidence he can do it anymore. His body looks broken down to me.
He looked slower and more stiff, yeah.

But his intelligence and technique alone makes him a solid starter no matter where he lines up. Assuming he can be healthy of course.

A healthy Berry is still a good player. Not what he was, but a good player.

Ala Houston 2018.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:57 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Allowed a passer rating of 127.8 before injury this year.

In 15 he was PFF's worst-graded safety in coverage.

He's only had one good season that looks more like an outlier than anything else.
They had him playing FS his rookie year, obviously something he isn’t meant to do.
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 03-05-2019
If you have to make Collins the highest paid safety in the league, which him getting to free agency i'd imagine he'll get close to it, to come play in the box......well that's just dumb and a terrible decision.

A box safety is like the RB of the defensive side of the ball if that's all the guy can do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Allowed 127.8 passer rating in his coverage. Bad.
Last year. In 2016, he allowed an opposing passer rating of just 70.1.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Spags likes single high safety looks. He wants a guy who plays that robber/box role.

What about a Collins/Adderley combo? Or Juan Thornhill at FS?

You’d be sitting pretty good there IMO.
Adderly seems to be the man. Haven't watched him yet. So far ive been disappointed with other DB's ive watched. Hopefully Adderly jumps off the screen.

Adderly/Collins sounds good to me. (if adderly is what he's cracked up to be)
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 03-05-2019
Last year. In 2016, he allowed an opposing passer rating of just 70.1.
He's had 1 good year.

Seems pretty outlierish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
4 INT’s, 15 PD’s and 32 straight games without an injury.

But let’s break the bank for a box safety who can’t cover or a broken Earl Thomas
Or give a guy a sizable contract who is an extremely undersized coverage safety that hasn't been good in coverage for a couple of years.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:00 PM 03-05-2019
Can he turn his head and get to his zone at least? Because our guys couldn't even do that last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He looked slower and more stiff, yeah.

But his intelligence and technique alone makes him a solid starter no matter where he lines up. Assuming he can be healthy of course.

A healthy Berry is still a good player. Not what he was, but a good player.

Ala Houston 2018.
I don't know. Berry got flat out abused by Gronk in the AFCCG. He looked slow and weak.

And while you can say he was injured, so was Gronk. Berry looked terrible. I'm not comfortable with him being a day 1 starter at all.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:00 PM 03-05-2019
Or give a guy a sizable contract who is an extremely undersized coverage safety that hasn't been good in coverage for a couple of years.
and is injury prone. And started on one of the worst secondaries in the league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's had 1 good year.

Seems pretty outlierish.
Again, I'm not a huge Collins fan. It just seems a little short-sighted to talk about the bad without also mentioning the VERY good.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:02 PM 03-05-2019
It’s not really worth discussing. We’re gonna break the bank for Landon Collins. It’s gonna happen.

Then we’ll draft pass rushers and corners in the draft.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:03 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Adderly seems to be the man. Haven't watched him yet. So far ive been disappointed with other DB's ive watched. Hopefully Adderly jumps off the screen.

Adderly/Collins sounds good to me. (if adderly is what he's cracked up to be)
Adderly being a Delaware player probably doesn’t hurt. You know that Veach knows all about him in all likelihood.

That would give them perfect fits for each safety role in this defense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:03 PM 03-05-2019
Again, I'm not a huge Collins fan. It just seems a little short-sighted to talk about the bad without also mentioning the VERY good.
A safety that's mediocre in coverage on his best day and a liability most of the time just isn't too appealing, especially when offenses now more than ever look to exploit every weakness they possibly can. If they want to kick Berry to the curb, fine, but better not have both.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:04 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not really worth discussing. We’re gonna break the bank for Landon Collins. It’s gonna happen.

Then we’ll draft pass rushers and corners in the draft.
Probably another safety, too.

Also

Originally Posted by :
When he first entered the league in 2015, Collins was used as a true free safety and played deep down the field en route to an underwhelming overall grade of 49.2, which was the third-lowest grade among safeties that year. Then, in 2016, Collins was moved to strong safety and played much closer to the line of scrimmage and his grade sky-rocketed as he earned a spot on the PFF top 101 for two straight years. For such a turn to take place, it should be obvious that Collins is much better suited for playing as a box safety, and that’s the role he should play on his new team if he wants to reclaim his spot as one of the league’s best safeties.

To be fair, Collins did play 59.4% of his snaps from the box last season, which is the highest percentage in any of his four seasons so far. However, the Giants’ defense was in such disarray that it made it hard for anyone to be the best they could be, hence Collins’ lowest-graded season in three years. As a team, the Giants’ defense had a grade of 71.6 last season, ranking 26th in the NFL. For someone who has star potential like Collins, you can’t blame him for looking elsewhere this offseason, but teams need to understand that they can’t just plug him at deep safety and expect him to fly all over the field with range like Earl Thomas. If anything, he’s more of a Kam Chancellor.

[Reply]
Page 116 of 791
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216616 > Last »
Up