ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Akrum Wadley says unflattering things about his time at Iowa
Mecca 12:08 PM 06-29-2020

Statement from Akrum Wadley about his time in the Iowa Football program via the Facebook page of Pre-Postgame CEO Robert T Green. Post also includes screen grabs of electronic communications with staff members Broderick Binns and Chris Whitehttps://t.co/Mk8N8nSbeP pic.twitter.com/8oMtXqNqDx

— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) June 29, 2020

If you don't want to read all that the basis of it is...

Wadley states Brian Ferentz called him a “dumb mother fucker” while on his way to take an exam.

Wadley also states Kirk Ferentz gave him note cards on what to say in press conferences. He also states he turned to alcohol to cope with the constant put downs by the coaching staff. He also states Kirk Ferentz threatened to take away his meal card. Kirk followed through on this and Wadley had to call his mom to get a Domino’s pizza.

Wadley states Brian Ferentz wanted someone on the OLine to injure Reggie Spearman because he hated him and wished he wasn’t there.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:54 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Remember the role actor Lou Gossett Jr., played in the movie “An Officer and a Gentleman?” Marine Sergeant Emil Foley. Gossett won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for verbally abusing Private Zack Mayo and turning him into a responsible man.

What kind of fucking idiot thinks this is a representative or meaningful piece of evidence?
It was definitely silly, but that fact that that is all you go out of the article says a lot.

He’s still 100% right.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:57 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Don’t believe me if you want, I won’t lose a second of sleep over it.
Then you’re just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 08:21 PM 06-29-2020
Jesus what a bunch of Mary's and pantywaists. Crybaby bitches.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) Sources or GTFO.
Hes Tavian Banks
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:05 PM 06-29-2020
If I remember-Wadley had issues as a sophomore. Fumbles, weak play. Didn't really get it until he was a Jr/Sr.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 PM 06-29-2020
From an Iowa board

Originally Posted by :
Anyone else hearing about this? Its quite troubling. It sounds like Akrum scammed several individuals out of a lot of money by offering to sign autographs on balls and helmets for cash, took payments, but never sent the merchandise. From what I gather, some individuals did receive some things from him, but several did not. There are some claiming Akrum was paid over $1,000 but that he never sent anything in return. Akrum's latest twitter post indicated that he was suspending shipments because of "the Virus" and to contact him if he wanted a refund, but it appears that he promptly closed his direct messages and is now blocking those asking about refunds or shipments. It also appears that he has been scamming people since as early as last spring, and I'm not sure shipping lines have been affected by the Virus in any event. It may be that he is out of money and can't afford to buy the merch and send it.

Based on some of the amounts, Akrum appears to be dabbling in felony territory. I wonder if the University can lean on him some before it gets to that...it looks like he was selling University trademarked gear so maybe there was some involvement by the University. Either way, I hope this gets resolved.

[Reply]
vailpass 09:08 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes Tavian Banks
:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:13 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m 37. I don’t think I’m all that old.

But goddamn I can’t imagine coaching kids these days.

My nephew is just shy of 20. My god he’s on a totally different wavelength from me.
It's not bad. You can drive the most out of people without having to resort to be demeaning.

I can't think of a single person growing up where I think oh gosh I got ahead because they acted like a cunt. If anything, it's more like "I made it in spite of that cunt"

People fucking loved Todd Haley and well look at the results. Andy Reid gets it done while treating people like well, actual people because he's willing to understand everyone and get the most out of them.

I'm ok with this fake tough shit era of football being thrown out. Give me someone that's actually good. You can have the drill sergeant.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:16 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's not bad. You can drive the most out of people without having to resort to be demeaning.

I can't think of a single person growing up where I think oh gosh I got ahead because they acted like a ****. If anything, it's more like "I made it in spite of that ****"

People ****ing loved Todd Haley and well look at the results. Andy Reid gets it done while treating people like well, actual people because he's willing to understand everyone and get the most out of them.

I'm ok with this fake tough shit era of football being thrown out. Give me someone that's actually good. You can have the drill sergeant.
You just glossed over 80% of coaches and 95% of the best ones.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:17 PM 06-29-2020
Oddly enough, there are a lot of bad coaches out there.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:36 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Actually, it would be the best. Horrible decision making coach.
Iowa in an instant would go from being a national player, and a developer of NFL talent, to an afterthought. No way. Keep KF
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:00 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Remember the role actor Lou Gossett Jr., played in the movie “An Officer and a Gentleman?” Marine Sergeant Emil Foley. Gossett won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for verbally abusing Private Zack Mayo and turning him into a responsible man.

What kind of fucking idiot thinks this is a representative or meaningful piece of evidence?
I'm 90% sure it's in there specifically and only for the people who've never played sports and can't relate to a coach that made them check their ego at the door.

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

I can't think of a single person growing up where I think oh gosh I got ahead because they acted like a cunt. If anything, it's more like "I made it in spite of that cunt"

People fucking loved Todd Haley and well look at the results. Andy Reid gets it done while treating people like well, actual people because he's willing to understand everyone and get the most out of them.

It's not that dude. I don't have much room in my life for cunts. Other than one football camp, I never had a coach that was just a straight up cunt. Never really had any that were into name calling. But I did have ones that demanded excellence and there were very real consequences for not.

That's not to say that my statement was incorrect. I typed out a long explanation but decided to post it publicly.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:25 AM 06-30-2020
This is the new generation of people, everyone is very sensitive. It's talked about all the time so why would sports be any different? If you raise a kid the way kids are raised now, a good number of them are not going to respond well to anyone yelling at them or calling them names etc.

That's the society we live in today and at some point they will be responsible for our society.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:25 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is the new generation of people, everyone is very sensitive. It's talked about all the time so why would sports be any different? If you raise a kid the way kids are raised now, a good number of them are not going to respond well to anyone yelling at them or calling them names etc.

That's the society we live in today and at some point they will be responsible for our society.
This. Every day.

Please sit down so we can do class. Fuck you. Don't tell me what to do.

5 second attention spans. Can't read. Refuse to try. Addicted to phones by age 3.

These are the leaders of tomorrow.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:30 AM 06-30-2020
In high school wrestling I was intense, and if I was fighting injury(like cracked/broken ribs) I'd get myself so wound up I was almost blind with anger before I went on the mat.

At a rival school my junior year, the situation above was in play, versus a kid I wanted to beat pretty badly. Details aren't important, but the rivalry for our schools was boiling, I had been taken down, and did a move called a 1 point granby, and when I found myself on my feed ready to reshoot....the ref had called me pinned on the roll through.

I was livid and didn't respond in a way that reflected well on myself, my team or my coach...I said something stupid to the ref. A few people in the home crowd said some things to me while I was on the mat, and I said something back...

When I got to the edge of the mat, my coach grabbed me by the face, and shoved me behind the seats but still in the gym, put 2 hands on my throat, lifted me off of the ground against the wall and explained through the wall of veins bulging from his face what a poor choice I'd made. My feet were back on the ground before I was sleeping.

I knew it before the words had left my mouth but couldn't stop it....He was right and I knew that too. It was embarrassing and I apologized to him, my team, the ref and their crowd after the meet.

My fault. I was coached.....sternly.....and I deserved it and learned a lot from being coached hard with high expectations.

It's not comfortable to yelled at or clowned on for an error, but that shit builds character.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up