ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:22 AM 07-06-2020
I would think the logo would be safe because Native Americans weren’t the only culture to make weapons out of stone. But with how insane this world is going who the hell knows.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:28 AM 07-06-2020
I reject the premise that compromise is productive in calming the faux incensed.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I reject the premise that compromise is productive in calming the faux incensed.
Anybody that thinks otherwise isn’t paying attention.

The mob doesn’t care about your compromises or apologies. They want it all either way.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:38 AM 07-06-2020
I really do not care about statues or other idols if you will. But if they come after the color because it is red? ROT IN THE GROUND!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:33 PM 07-06-2020
The bow and arrow dates to antiquity across a variety of cultures. They could easily keep the arrowhead, acknowledge they've moved past any native association with their symbols, and call themselves the arrows or archers whatever, at that point it's just a stupid nickname.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:37 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
The bow and arrow dates to antiquity across a variety of cultures. They could easily keep the arrowhead, acknowledge they've moved past any native association with their symbols, and call themselves the arrows or archers whatever, at that point it's just a stupid nickname.
I like Archers as a name. I've seen a few late additions that I might add to the tourney, and if I do it, that would be one of them.

I proposed Hunters in part because I think you could keep the arrowhead, go with a Stone Age theme, and slyly honor Lamar Hunt.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:37 PM 07-06-2020

Only way I could stand this is if we keep the uniform the same..
[Reply]
Sackattack 12:43 PM 07-06-2020
How about the KC ARROWS !!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:44 PM 07-06-2020
Had to post it-I found it funny.

They name teams out of STRENGTH, not weakness, but now the Washington Redskins & Cleveland Indians, two fabled sports franchises, look like they are going to be changing their names in order to be politically correct. Indians, like Elizabeth Warren, must be very angry right now!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 6, 2020

[Reply]
Brooklyn 01:38 PM 07-06-2020
Kansas City Smoke Eaters

Works both as a BBQ nod and allows us to rebrand with a firefighter theme, which naturally continues to work with the red and yellow color scheme. Instead of crossed axes, cross one axe and one spatula/tong together.

And still leaves the door open to throw the word Chief in there w/r/t fire chief.
[Reply]
underEJ 01:43 PM 07-06-2020
I kind of like the idea of the Archers.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:48 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I kind of like the idea of the Archers.
I kind of like it as well. Or maybe Ocelots.

[Reply]
cdcox 07:41 PM 07-06-2020
Kansas City Cap Geniouses.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:58 PM 07-06-2020
Kansas City Full Metal Jackets
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:15 PM 07-06-2020
Archers or Arrows gets it done, keep the unis, and I think both are cooler names than chiefs anyway, with lots of potential graphics.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Up