ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 149
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:22 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
60-0!!!!

0-60
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:29 AM 06-24-2020
40 of the 60 games against Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota......

So you're saying there's a chance!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:41 AM 06-24-2020
Is there anybody like me who hates that the Royals are in the AL Central? Our teams in our division do nothing for me as a fan.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:44 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Is there anybody like me who hates that the Royals are in the AL Central? Our teams in our division do nothing for me as a fan.
true - but it does give us the best chance at succeeding.

imagine being in the East and having to go up against big spenders like the yankees/red sox/(and sometimes Baltimore).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:56 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
true - but it does give us the best chance at succeeding.

imagine being in the East and having to go up against big spenders like the yankees/red sox/(and sometimes Baltimore).
I would prefer the AL West teams. But the 9pm start times blow balls and that is why we are in the AL Central.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:03 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I would prefer the AL West teams. But the 9pm start times blow balls and that is why we are in the AL Central.

Should be in the NL Central. Even though it’s hard to imagine as I’m an AL fan but the Cards, Cubs & Brewers would be entertaining.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:10 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Should be in the NL Central. Even though it’s hard to imagine as I’m an AL fan but the Cards, Cubs & Brewers would be entertaining.
We had our chance to go way back when and elected to stay in the AL, which is why the Brewers ultimately went.

I think it was a mistake. Feel like our ballpark and style of play would have always fit better in the NL. Plus, as you allude to, it would be fun as hell to play the Cubs, Cards & Pirates regularly as opposed to the Twins, Indians and Sox.

Missed opportunity.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 09:23 AM 06-24-2020
Let’s get that #1 pick next year!!!
[Reply]
Jerok 10:13 AM 06-24-2020
Let's get the #1 pick this year when we only have to suffer through 60 games of suck!

We should be underdogs vs any team other than the Tigers and maybe the Pirates?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 06-24-2020
It's going to be really hard for the Royals to be bad enough to get the top pick.

1) The Orioles have the following schedule:
- 10 vs. Yankees
- 10 vs. Red Sox
- 10 vs. Rays
- 10 vs. Toronto
- 4 vs. Phllies
- 4 vs. Nationals
- 4 vs. Braves
- 4 vs. Mets
- 4 vs. Marlins

There's only one team in the early stages of a rebuild (Marlins) and they have more present major league talent than the O's.

Honestly, I could see Baltimore setting an MLB record for worst winning percentage this season. Something like 10-50. Not only is their competition tough, but that's a team that has no problem shitting the bed purposely to try and be worse for draft picks.

2) The AL Central is not that tough. Minnesota and Cleveland are playoff contenders. Detroit is worse than KC and the White Sox have yet to realize the team's hype.

3) Dayton Moore doesn't have it in him to try to be awful on purpose, which you really need these days to get the top overall pick.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:55 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's going to be really hard for the Royals to be bad enough to get the top pick.

1) The Orioles have the following schedule:
- 10 vs. Yankees
- 10 vs. Red Sox
- 10 vs. Rays
- 10 vs. Toronto
- 4 vs. Phllies
- 4 vs. Nationals
- 4 vs. Braves
- 4 vs. Mets
- 4 vs. Marlins

There's only one team in the early stages of a rebuild (Marlins) and they have more present major league talent than the O's.

Honestly, I could see Baltimore setting an MLB record for worst winning percentage this season. Something like 10-50. Not only is their competition tough, but that's a team that has no problem shitting the bed purposely to try and be worse for draft picks.

2) The AL Central is not that tough. Minnesota and Cleveland are playoff contenders. Detroit is worse than KC and the White Sox have yet to realize the team's hype.

3) Dayton Moore doesn't have it in him to try to be awful on purpose, which you really need these days to get the top overall pick.

[Reply]
nychief 11:38 AM 06-24-2020
Look anything is possible with this sprint. I remember the Jose Lima season and the way we started. I'd love to see us have some fun and be in it to till the last week (I know that there is still the possibility to negotiate an expanded playoffs - which I want).

But, if we don't get off to a quick start...what I really want is to see some of the kid pitchers get their feet wet, honestly. We need to start breaking in that class - let them take their lumps - and learn.

I also want to move Kennedy after a month and whoever else to some team that is trying to get in the playoffs. Great opportunity to get assets from surprise contending teams tha need bullpen help.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:44 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Let's get the #1 pick this year when we only have to suffer through 60 games of suck!

We should be underdogs vs any team other than the Tigers and maybe the Pirates?

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 AM 06-24-2020
Would you guys rather make the playoffs this year and be eliminated in the 1st round or get the number 1 pick and he's guaranteed to be Max Scherzer?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:01 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Would you guys rather make the playoffs this year and be eliminated in the 1st round or get the number 1 pick and he's guaranteed to be Max Scherzer?
The latter, personally.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 149
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Up