ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 149
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 02:36 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Duncan's Top Prospects for 2020
Appreciate the time you put into this Duncan. Always enjoy reading your take on things. So the 2021 Royals starting rotation could rival the Braves of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, and Steve Avery?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:47 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know what guy I see people rate decently that I don't get....Brewer Hicklen, I've seen video etc I just don't get how I can legit read some people think he can start in the MLB, blows my mind.

It’s because he put up numbers at Wilmington and that place is a nightmare for hitters.

He’s a great athlete. Probably a platoon guy in the majors or 4th OF.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 02-19-2020
It’s because he put up numbers at Wilmington and that place is a nightmare for hitters.

He’s a great athlete. Probably a platoon guy in the majors or 4th OF.
Stuff like that is why the depth concerns me...where are the guys who are legit starters in the OF? I wouldn't be surprised if Mondesi ends up in center in 2 years.

We've already got guys like Pratto basically not being prospects anymore.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:53 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Stuff like that is why the depth concerns me...where are the guys who are legit starters in the OF? I wouldn't be surprised if Mondesi ends up in center in 2 years.

We've already got guys like Pratto basically not being prospects anymore.

Khalil Lee is about the only one that’s “close” to MLB. McConnell and Pena and Matias and Hicklen are in the mix. But yeah, it’s a thin grouping.

I’m with you on being more creative. I think Moore has been handcuffed on some of those things by ownership, too.

He had a nice OTB deal worked out for Joey Wentz last year and Glass nixed it.

We’ll see over time if Sherman gives him more rope on things like that.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 02:56 PM 02-19-2020
Khalil Lee is about the only one that’s “close” to MLB. McConnell and Pena and Matias and Hicklen are in the mix. But yeah, it’s a thin grouping.

I’m with you on being more creative. I think Moore has been handcuffed on some of those things by ownership, too.

You don't think Kyle Isbel is close?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 02-19-2020

It's bad enough that people who cover the team think Nick Heath makes the majors this year....this team has a very serious infatuation with dudes that can run like hell but don't hit for shit. It's like Jarrod Dyson disease, we're going to draft 75 dudes that run fast and hope 1 is ok.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
He has never played above single A, so no. With a really good year he might make it to Triple A at the end of the year but I would doubt that.
[Reply]
Three7s 03:56 PM 02-19-2020
If this team wins 70 games, they're overachieving.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:18 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I don't think he's going to get the call this year. i should have included him in that grouping.

I think he starts this year at A+ or AA (he was at Wilmington last year and really struggled after his hand injury) and ends the year at AA.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:35 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
If this team wins 70 games, they're overachieving.
The best part of the Royals season will be Opening Day- then the last game, because it will be football season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:46 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The best part of the Royals season will be Opening Day- then the last game, because it will be football season.

There are plenty of reasons to watch.

Mondesi, Merrifield, Dozier, and Soler make the lineup interesting.

Duffy and Keller are fun starts to watch.

And we’ll probably see Lee and Singer this year. First of the next crop of talent coming up.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:57 PM 02-19-2020

And we’ll probably see Lee and Singer this year. First of the next crop of talent coming up.
Duffy finally puts it all together in year 10?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:09 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Duffy finally puts it all together in year 10?
That'd be great so they can move him for something.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:17 PM 02-19-2020

:-)

It would be great if they are at least competitive this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:21 PM 02-19-2020
My friend says that Aldaberto Mondesi is better than Lindor and had a chance at winning the MVP last year. I told him that is an incredible leap of faith. Can he figure it out this year?

We know he is a major leaguer, and a good one. But with what we saw at the end of 2017 it appeared he could trend toward a superstar at some point of his career. Can that still be his trajectory?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 149
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up