ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Hall of Classics>trINT green sucks
Phobia 07:40 PM 10-21-2001
What a waste of a 1st rounder.... I think I'm gonna be sick.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 03:09 PM 10-22-2001
R&G,
I'm pretty sure that Snoop did start last week,however,I don't know if he was in on every play.That would explain why they set Snoop down yesterday.Keep in mind,Snoop IS a rookie and definitely is still learning.I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio,this morning.
[Reply]
Lightning Rod 03:14 PM 10-22-2001
To be fair anything over 4 or 5 wrong routs is pathetic and un-acceptable from a professional Wr rookie or not. I just thought 30 was kinda ridiculous.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:33 PM 10-22-2001
one of the wrong routes Snoop ensued was the last play of the game which he should've taken a outside cut instead of an inside one that clogged th middle, and Tony G useless.
[Reply]
KCWolfman 05:00 PM 10-22-2001
Originally Posted by :
Trent Green is throwing the ball were it IS suppossed to be,however our WRs are out of place,thus making Trent look bad
BOCF - Maybe some of them, but timing routes are quick releases. All of Green's passes are not timing routes. And I have noticed that fewer and fewer timing routes are thrown each week. When he stands in the pocket for several seconds, it is his own fault if the ball does not reach the receiver. Plus the non-throw at the end of the half spoke volumes of trINT's abilities.
[Reply]
TEX 05:34 PM 10-22-2001
Whatever! Look, trINT looked PATHETIC when he overthrew a WIDE OPEN Gonzales and got it picked. Nobody ran the wrong route there. Let me guess, Gonzalez was "supposed" to be 10 yards further up field???? :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:47 PM 10-22-2001
Green had a bad game, but he had help too. The loss yesterday was a team effort
[Reply]
RedandGold 05:55 PM 10-22-2001
Green had a bad day yesterday...and the week before...and the week before that...

The ONLY good week that he has had was when we played Washington, and that was against a defense geared for Stoogeball.

I will be the first to give a guy a break after an off game, but when he has played poorly for 5 out of 6 games, my patience has a tendency to run a little thin. This is especially true when the same mistakes are repeated over and over.

If his leg is still bothering him, he should take a couple of weeks off instead of forcing the issue and having the rest of the team suffer as a result.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:06 PM 10-22-2001
Next year will be key, because Green will regain confidence in his health status, DA will be healthy, Sly will be ready to go, and Victor Riley should be %85-100. The key game this year will be against SD and Rodney Harrison. If responds positively then my assumptions are head of time.
[Reply]
hawaiianboy 06:22 PM 10-22-2001
"TrINT"??

Damn, good one... I should have come up with that... Your poor start has made my smaque ability lethargic....

Okay I'm confused... I was under the impression that under Al Saunders, the WR's route was predicated on the read made by each WR on the coverage he was seeing... At least thats how Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt explained it on Hardcore football last year...

For example...instead of having to run a 7 yard out... a WR would run a 7 yard option where he could turn the route into a drag, out or skinny post,etc depending on how he read the CB and safety...
The QB's responsibility was to read what the WR saw and still throw the ball on stride (one of the reasons I have the upmost respect for Warner)...

Does this hold true in KC? Or has it been simplified to fit Green?...
[Reply]
alanm 06:38 PM 10-22-2001
OK so Green doesn't suck.. He BLOWS!!!:-)
[Reply]
KCWolfman 06:41 PM 10-22-2001
HB - Yes, but it is even more vitally important that trINT continue to throw the ball as he has so that he may work out his timing with WR's who will not be here next year.

Seriously, no, it has not been simplified. And as I stated earlier, less and less timing routes are being thrown.

trINT has a big problem with WR who cannot catch, but trINT's biggest problem is that trINt simply cannot throw this year.
[Reply]
NaptownChief 06:52 PM 10-22-2001
Flyin',

That was my understanding of it also but since how everyone under the sun has tried to put all the blame on the WR's running the wrong routes left me with the impression that this offense has been dumbed down for our personel.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 08:00 PM 10-22-2001
For the record, Snoop did not run the wrong route on the last play. He saw the pressure coming and ran a shorter route. That is what receivers are supposed to do in blitz situations; pick it up and turn around so the QB can unload it. No need to spread the blame, TrINT made a bad throw.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:31 AM 10-23-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Chiefnj
For the record, Snoop did not run the wrong route on the last play.

For the record, yes he did. A WR doesn't bunch up the middle with CB's. If he saw the blitz comming he should ran a screen route, and not run to were Tony is.
[Reply]
hypersensitiveZO6 07:36 PM 07-05-2006
bump.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up