ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Blue Check Marks are melting down about a country music concert
ChiefsCountry 08:17 PM 06-29-2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...ing-tennessee/
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:34 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Their silence on the riots aka mostly peaceful protests' disqualifies them from any further arguments or debates they wish to have regarding that.
Mostly peaceful is my favorite term ever.

It's like having a wife that's mostly faithful.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:41 AM 06-30-2020
Protestors were mostly masked. Masks make a big difference!
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:42 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

This is a terrible analogy.

Your wife sometimes being faithful and sometimes not is not the same as most protestors being peaceful, and a few not being peaceful.

Because it's different people who are being peaceful vs. not, rather than the same person sometimes cheating and sometimes not.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:24 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:

Your wife sometimes being faithful and sometimes not is not the same as most protestors being peaceful, and a few not being peaceful.

Because it's different people who are being peaceful vs. not, rather than the same person sometimes cheating and sometimes not.
I get where you're coming from but I think you're side stepping his point though.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:09 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
I get where you're coming from but I think you're side stepping his point though.
I think the point he's trying to make is that cheating even once is bad, and being "mostly" faithful is not actually being faithful. Just like being "mostly" peaceful is not actually being peaceful.

I agree when you're talking about individual protesters. The people torching a cop cars are still criminals even if they were mostly peaceful.

However it seems like he's talking about the protests as a whole, and trying to make the argument that a handful of criminals (in some places, on some days) means the protests weren't largely peaceful - which is ridiculous.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:14 PM 06-30-2020
Is Darius Rucker playing? This would be allowed...
[Reply]
Bump 04:28 PM 06-30-2020

No, it's a good analogy. You're just an idiot.
[Reply]
Eureka 04:35 PM 06-30-2020
I think the point he's trying to make is that cheating even once is bad, and being "mostly" faithful is not actually being faithful. Just like being "mostly" peaceful is not actually being peaceful.

I agree when you're talking about individual protesters. The people torching a cop cars are still criminals even if they were mostly peaceful.

However it seems like he's talking about the protests as a whole, and trying to make the argument that a handful of criminals (in some places, on some days) means the protests weren't largely peaceful - which is ridiculous.
Great explanation.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:52 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

Protestors were mostly masked. Masks make a big difference!
:-)
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 05:03 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
:-)
How do you think the COVID risk is impacted if a crowd is

100% masked
99% masked
80% masked
50% masked
0% masked?
[Reply]