ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 68
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 02-26-2021

From @NFLTotalAccess: The #Texans don't plan on trading QB Deshaun Watson, and they don't view the start of free agency as any sort of deadline for a decision. The NFL Draft may not be a deadline for a resolution, either. In other words, buckle up. This will take a while. pic.twitter.com/GPKiHMqpHU

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 26, 2021

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:23 AM 02-26-2021
The Texans with no draft picks in the first two rounds of the draft and minimal salary cap space are looking at an 0-16 possible season if Watson sits out and they don’t trade him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:32 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Texans with no draft picks in the first two rounds of the draft and minimal salary cap space are looking at an 0-16 possible season if Watson sits out and they don’t trade him.
Not sure it would happen.....but would the Texans be better off trading him now OR going 0-16 and getting the #1 pick and then trading him next offseason to a team with a high pick plus.

And going 0-16 would be fucking hard because they could go get a different QB that’s mediocre and win some games.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:45 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not sure it would happen.....but would the Texans be better off trading him now OR going 0-16 and getting the #1 pick and then trading him next offseason to a team with a high pick plus.

And going 0-16 would be ****ing hard because they could go get a different QB that’s mediocre and win some games.
You'd be best to maximize value. You do that by trading him now, or at least before the draft. Next year there's gonna excuses about how he's sat out and other reasons to depress his value.

If they're gonna trade him, it needs to be in the next 6 weeks or so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You'd be best to maximize value. You do that by trading him now, or at least before the draft. Next year there's gonna excuses about how he's sat out and other reasons to depress his value.

If they're gonna trade him, it needs to be in the next 6 weeks or so.
Nah. With how desperately teams were just playing musical chairs with mediocre retread QB talents this offseason if the Texans actually put him on the open market they'd still get ridiculous offers next offseason
[Reply]
TEX 10:50 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The Texans will be fine if they get on the ball with coordinating a trade. They could create a bidding war for Watson. They'll come out of this with pretty good compensation unless they totally **** that up too. The worst thing they could do for the franchise is sit still and do nothing.

Exactly. Watson is NOT going to change his mind. Before it gets UGLY, and it will, the Texans need to get out in front of this NOW, and play it exactly how you said.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:57 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah. With how desperately teams were just playing musical chairs with mediocre retread QB talents this offseason if the Texans actually put him on the open market they'd still get ridiculous offers next offseason
They would. I'm not saying that all of a sudden they'd have to let him go for crap. I'm just saying that the crazy offers of 4 firsts or 3 and a starting level player might not be available. Hell, Miami and the Jets are only able to offer that due to their own once-in-a-blue moon trade.

They'll still get awesome offers, just not as good.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:57 AM 02-26-2021
I don’t trust the Texans management team to do anything smart.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:20 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I am with you the price is going to be high regardless. Just a matter of making the right call on the players.

But the best decision is probably to call his bluff and see if he will actually give up the 10 million and sit. The value is going to be there. Without picks and no way to attract FA's they are looking at a wasted season anyway.
[Reply]
TEX 11:28 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I am with you the price is going to be high regardless. Just a matter of making the right call on the players.

But the best decision is probably to call his bluff and see if he will actually give up the 10 million and sit. The value is going to be there. Without picks and no way to attract FA's they are looking at a wasted season anyway.
I get your point, but IMO that's the wrong way for the Texans to play it. No matter what, Watson will be portrayed as the "victim." Every card is going to get played, and the situation could become toxic and lead to the Texans not getting as much as they should / could get for Watson in a controlled environment.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I get your point, but IMO that's the wrong way for the Texans to play it. No matter what, Watson will be portrayed as the "victim." Every card is going to get played, and the situation could become toxic and lead to the Texans not getting as much as they should / could get for Watson in a controlled environment.
Really? You don’t think that some of the players in that locker room are going to get pissed at Watson if he sits and they go 0-16? Dude got paid and now he wants out. That’s bound to piss some players off.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:37 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
They would. I'm not saying that all of a sudden they'd have to let him go for crap. I'm just saying that the crazy offers of 4 firsts or 3 and a starting level player might not be available. Hell, Miami and the Jets are only able to offer that due to their own once-in-a-blue moon trade.

They'll still get awesome offers, just not as good.
Guess it really comes down to making the right call on the players. The biggest is on the QB decision because you really going to need to have a plan to walk away with a QB you think is going to work for the next couple years. So for the Jets/Dolphins trade to work you are betting on Tua, Darnold or plan to get Fields or Wilson...If you do not like one of those sitting and calling Watson's bluff probably the way to go.
[Reply]
TEX 11:42 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Really? You don’t think that some of the players in that locker room are going to get pissed at Watson if he sits and they go 0-16? Dude got paid and now he wants out. That’s bound to piss some players off.
Maybe, but not many. it's a weird environment right now in Houston. Many of the players HATE the organization so much, that they'll side with Watson regardless. The hatred has been brewing for years - since Duane Brown went to Seattle. They all completely understand why the Super Stars want OUT. They also would do the same thing if they could. Listen, you had JJ apologizing to Deshawn after the season - that's BAD. Players have come out and said that they completely understand the situation. It's a mess. I think a TOTAL REBUILD is in order and it starts with trading Watson for a slew of picks plus any other player/s that are worth picks.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:43 AM 02-26-2021
Might get portrayed as a victim by some, but I am of the opinion that the NFL still controls a lot of the media reporting by the groups at least with NFL TV contracts. I am guessing the NFL will put some pressure on those to ignore it or more of a spoiled brat portrayal. They are going to want to avoid a NBA situation of the superstars running the league.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:51 AM 02-26-2021
Maybe, but not many. it's a weird environment right now in Houston. Many of the players HATE the organization so much, that they'll side with Watson regardless. The hatred has been brewing for years - since Duane Brown went to Seattle. They all completely understand why the Super Stars want OUT. They also would do the same thing if they could. Listen, you had JJ apologizing to Deshawn after the season - that's BAD. Players have come out and said that they completely understand the situation. It's a mess. I think a TOTAL REBUILD is in order and it starts with trading Watson for a slew of picks plus any other player/s that are worth picks.
True (except in Watson's case it has not been years) but it really seems Watson is making more of a indictment on ownership. If players are allowed to make that type of indictment and able to use it to get out of town, it puts the ownership in a situation of letting players run the team or needing to sell the team. Not sure a total rebuild is ever going to work in that environment.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 68
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up