ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>So Intel might wanna take some notice of AMD
Mecca 01:08 PM 06-12-2019
https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/10/1...cessor-e3-2019

16-core, 32-thread $750 Ryzen 9 3950X processor, which — with its 3.5GHz base clock, 4.7GHz boost clock, a tremendous 72MB of cache and an unheard-of 105W TDP

Yea Intel take notice that is a real competitor that just passed you.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:32 PM 06-13-2019
Ryzen is great, but its only recently that they have caught up.

Price point right now is impossible to beat. Waiting for Intel's counter attack. Because the i9's are meh
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:52 PM 06-13-2019
Intel is lazy as hell and will only bother to do a real counter when forced to. Until then, fuck off and buy anyhow.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:41 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hopefully this holds up. I'm thinking about doing another build around Christmas time, by then there will be more overall performance data.

Setsuna's right though. And that's a hard reputation to shake.
Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:29 AM 06-14-2019
Hopefully this holds up. I'm thinking about doing another build around Christmas time, by then there will be more overall performance data.

Setsuna's right though. And that's a hard reputation to shake.
I remember when AMD was better back in the early 90's, back when most things were soldered on and you didn't really have all the freedom to build like you do now. Still they've been mostly hot air on processors and video cards as far as competing until Ryzen came along.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:40 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I remember when AMD was better back in the early 90's, back when most things were soldered on and you didn't really have all the freedom to build like you do now. Still they've been mostly hot air on processors and video cards as far as competing until Ryzen came along.
Looks like you've been in the game a hell of a lot longer than I have. You feel like Ryzen is now as reliable as Intel? That's my thing. Last thing I want to do is spend time and money building a rig then have to open the thing up to remove an overheated card.
[Reply]
Fish 04:51 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
AMD was never better at any point. And tech has become more consolidated, not less. In the 90s-00s, a motherboard was just a motherboard. There was a slot for everything. The only things soldered on were the CPU socket, BUS, and IDE controllers. Now you can't buy one without onboard video/ethernet/sound/etc. I don't understand what you mean.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:39 PM 06-14-2019
I plan on building a new computer later this year and I'm fully prepared to make it my first AMD computer. Ryzen is the first argument AMD has made to even make it a debate when it comes to AMD vs Intel since I've been building my own and if what has been revealed about the 3000 series is confirmed then I'll make that leap, but I would be lying if I didn't have my doubts because of AMDs history when it comes to this shit. Other than the obvious performance increases they've made I really like their business model in that they promised to support the AM4 socket for 4 years, which is a pretty big difference from how Intel runs their shit... they'll add a single fucking pin to a CPU to get you to buy a new motherboard too. It just sucks that the 4 year window is about to end in 2020.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:52 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I plan on building a new computer later this year and I'm fully prepared to make it my first AMD computer. Ryzen is the first argument AMD has made to even make it a debate when it comes to AMD vs Intel since I've been building my own and if what has been revealed about the 3000 series is confirmed then I'll make that leap, but I would be lying if I didn't have my doubts because of AMDs history when it comes to this shit. Other than the obvious performance increases they've made I really like their business model in that they promised to support the AM4 socket for 4 years, which is a pretty big difference from how Intel runs their shit... they'll add a single ****ing pin to a CPU to get you to buy a new motherboard too. It just sucks that the 4 year window is about to end in 2020.
If you do it, would be cool if you wanted to post up your components list once finalized. I’d be interested in hearing your evaluation post-build as well. I’ve only done Intel,never done AMD, but am bi-curious.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:10 PM 06-14-2019
Looks like you've been in the game a hell of a lot longer than I have. You feel like Ryzen is now as reliable as Intel? That's my thing. Last thing I want to do is spend time and money building a rig then have to open the thing up to remove an overheated card.
I haven't had any problems with my Ryzen system, it's my #1 system right now. I have a few intel systems still around here but ya It's certainly fine as far as reliability. It even runs cooler than the Intel processors, as far as Graphics I would still go with Nvidia though.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:50 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
AMD was never better at any point. And tech has become more consolidated, not less. In the 90s-00s, a motherboard was just a motherboard. There was a slot for everything. The only things soldered on were the CPU socket, BUS, and IDE controllers. Now you can't buy one without onboard video/ethernet/sound/etc. I don't understand what you mean.
Allegedly AMD is beating Intel at the top end right now.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:40 PM 06-17-2019
And and Intel battled back and forth in 99. They also had games utilize one over the other for best results.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up