ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>So Intel might wanna take some notice of AMD
Mecca 01:08 PM 06-12-2019
https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/10/1...cessor-e3-2019

16-core, 32-thread $750 Ryzen 9 3950X processor, which — with its 3.5GHz base clock, 4.7GHz boost clock, a tremendous 72MB of cache and an unheard-of 105W TDP

Yea Intel take notice that is a real competitor that just passed you.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:32 PM 06-12-2019
AMD did not just passed them, they leapfrogged them and everything i gather is that Intel cant hit back until at least middle of 2020, but also by then AMD will be further down the road. AMD's top processor and supposedly better then intel's 1100 dollar processor for 499!

This is just great for the consumer! about time AMD started punching back!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:45 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
AMD did not just passed them, they leapfrogged them and everything i gather is that Intel cant hit back until at least middle of 2020, but also by then AMD will be further down the road. AMD's top processor and supposedly better then intel's 1100 dollar processor for 499!

This is just great for the consumer! about time AMD started punching back!
Yup, I invested in Ryzen on my last build and haven't been upset with it. Love the competition, especially since it's not all just hot air anymore.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:45 PM 06-12-2019
AMD covered a lot of ground in the ryzen era, after being a joke for the better part of a decade.
[Reply]
Fish 02:46 PM 06-12-2019
Competition is great. I wouldn't be crowning them just yet though.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:01 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Competition is great. I wouldn't be crowning them just yet though.
its not about crowning anyone, its about competition, we can not get something on par or better then the other guys for 600 cheaper. Thats a fucking win for the consumer. Thats a huge win! As long as they can compare at a cheaper price, then lets do it!
[Reply]
notorious 05:41 PM 06-12-2019
When I was doing research for a 13” power laptop, the Ryzen intrigued me.

When I read about the heating and driver issues I stayed away and stuck with Intel.
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:32 AM 06-13-2019
AMD was always the overheating nightmare. Maybe I'll try them out again.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:39 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
When I was doing research for a 13” power laptop, the Ryzen intrigued me.

When I read about the heating and driver issues I stayed away and stuck with Intel.
The Newer Ryzen Processors run cooler than their intel counterparts.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:42 AM 06-13-2019
yeah, the new Ryzen's are low power consumption and even better with the 3rd gen chip.
[Reply]
Shaid 12:14 PM 06-13-2019
Just built a new comp 2 months ago and I went Ryzen. There are still some areas in real world performance where Intel wins but the price/value, etc. put me in a good spot.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:16 PM 06-13-2019
I don't trust amd because i can't him their slogan. Hard pass
[Reply]
Otter 01:11 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Just built a new comp 2 months ago and I went Ryzen. There are still some areas in real world performance where Intel wins but the price/value, etc. put me in a good spot.
I've always bought AMD for the competition. The Ryzen 5 1400 in the PC I purchased a couple months ago has met and exceeded at points my expectations. Doing a new build PC when the weather starts to turn in December and will be keeping an eye on this processor.

Good for AMD. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 01:26 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
The Newer Ryzen Processors run cooler than their intel counterparts.
Hopefully this holds up. I'm thinking about doing another build around Christmas time, by then there will be more overall performance data.

Setsuna's right though. And that's a hard reputation to shake.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:34 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've always bought AMD for the competition. The Ryzen 5 1400 in the PC I purchased a couple months ago has met and exceeded at points my expectations. Doing a new build PC when the weather starts to turn in December and will be keeping an eye on this processor.

Good for AMD. :-)
Yeah, I got a Ryzen 7 2700x and a B450 Motherboard. I tend to build processor heavy, got a pretty solid video card, etc. and then do a mid-life upgrade on video card, memory, and SSD(in this case a M.2 drive) so I don't really need to mess with processor, etc. again until my next full rebuild. That tends to keep things running well. So I'm definitely locked in with AMD for a few years. In all my research, they tended to fair best in price/performance.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up