ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 06-11-2019
I'm all about keeping guys in house, first off. But, say he's asking for an increase in Aaron Donald's deal. You've gotta have a point where you gotta stop, right?
[Reply]
loochy 01:18 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So, is there any chance they've decided they don't want to actually pay him what he's asking?
no
[Reply]
loochy 01:19 PM 06-11-2019
I'm all about keeping guys in house, first off. But, say he's asking for an increase in Aaron Donald's deal. You've gotta have a point where you gotta stop, right?
Judging by the way the NFL has gone lately, no. Every above average player seems to get a record deal when their contract is up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:23 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Damien Williams averaged under 4 YPC for every season of his career before he came to KC and averaged over 5.

But forgive me for thinking Hyde could possibly improve his significantly in this offense :-)
Hydes role can change to being a bowling ball runner instead of being an every down back. I think he beats out darrel Williams and he helps plug a gap for us. But i could see Darwin making Hyde mostly unnecessary.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 06-11-2019
I think the question you have to ask is if Chris Jones is one of 4 most valuable players on your team because counting Pat’s contract, you could likely fit 3 other big contracts on the cap.

I would say that yes, without a doubt he is one of the 4 most valuable.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:25 PM 06-11-2019
Absolutely... Patriots wouldnt put up w that BS so neither should we. We got leverage now since we have Mahomes and Reid. We dont have to overpay for anybody
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:33 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Damien Williams averaged under 4 YPC for every season of his career before he came to KC and averaged over 5.

But forgive me for thinking Hyde could possibly improve his significantly in this offense :-)
Dude if there is one thing that is I arguable, it’s that Andy Reid gets the best out of his RBs. I have no doubt Hyde could flourish with him, as can Damien, Darwin, and JW.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:47 PM 06-11-2019
I haven't read the story yet, but NFL.com says that the Chiefs have said that they won't negotiate with Jones until he shows up for mandatory mini camp. And, the standoff begins. Who blinks first?
[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the question you have to ask is if Chris Jones is one of 4 most valuable players on your team because counting Pat’s contract, you could likely fit 3 other big contracts on the cap.

I would say that yes, without a doubt he is one of the 4 most valuable.
That's true, but you've gotta have a point where you just walk away right?
[Reply]
O.city 01:52 PM 06-11-2019
Maybe they feel he freelances too often and they want to see him in the new scheme?
[Reply]
DeepSouth 02:02 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I haven't read the story yet, but NFL.com says that the Chiefs have said that they won't negotiate with Jones until he shows up for mandatory mini camp. And, the standoff begins. Who blinks first?
Do you have a link? I just searched nfl.com and only found this article about the Chiefs & Jones. It doesn't say anything about the Chiefs not negotiating unless he shows up for mandatory mini camp.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ut-of-minicamp

Another young defensive lineman is holding out from mandatory minicamp.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones is not present with the team today as minicamp opens, and is not expected to attend the three-day session, per sources informed of the situation.

Per Rapoport, contract negotiations between the Chiefs and the star defensive tackle have stalled, leading to the holdout.

Jones skipped all of the voluntary portions of offseason workouts hoping for a new deal. Without one, he'll skip the mandatory portion as well. As with all players under contract, Jones is subject to fines of $88,650 for missing mandatory minicamp, per the CBA. Fines are at the team's discretion.

A 2016 second-round pick, Jones is set to earn just $1.2 million in base salary. As one of the best interior defensive linemen in the NFL, he's woefully underpaid. The 24-year-old is coming off a 15.5-sack season as a game-wrecker on the interior. He has generated 24 sacks in his first three seasons.

With the Chiefs moving to a 4-3 front under new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnulolo, Jones could be an even bigger penetrating force in 2019. First, K.C. must settle his contract situation.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:05 PM 06-11-2019
Make a carbon copy of that deal and pay the man.

If he wants a little more, make it happen.

Chris Jones is a “clean” player.

No injury issues
Elite production at arguably the most important position in today’s defenses
Leader
No distractions
Energy fountain
Disruptive in every element of his game
Elite body type
Loves KC

He’s EXACTLY the type of player you pay huge money to.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:07 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Do you have a link? I just searched nfl.com and only found this article about the Chiefs & Jones. It doesn't say anything about the Chiefs not negotiating unless he shows up for mandatory mini camp.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ut-of-minicamp

Another young defensive lineman is holding out from mandatory minicamp.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones is not present with the team today as minicamp opens, and is not expected to attend the three-day session, per sources informed of the situation.

Per Rapoport, contract negotiations between the Chiefs and the star defensive tackle have stalled, leading to the holdout.

Jones skipped all of the voluntary portions of offseason workouts hoping for a new deal. Without one, he'll skip the mandatory portion as well. As with all players under contract, Jones is subject to fines of $88,650 for missing mandatory minicamp, per the CBA. Fines are at the team's discretion.

A 2016 second-round pick, Jones is set to earn just $1.2 million in base salary. As one of the best interior defensive linemen in the NFL, he's woefully underpaid. The 24-year-old is coming off a 15.5-sack season as a game-wrecker on the interior. He has generated 24 sacks in his first three seasons.

With the Chiefs moving to a 4-3 front under new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnulolo, Jones could be an even bigger penetrating force in 2019. First, K.C. must settle his contract situation.
It's a video, not an article actually. It's available on the NFL app. It's actually a short cut from them talking about it on NFL Network. I was unable to link it. If you have the app, you should be able to find it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:07 PM 06-11-2019
Not a lunch pail guy?

No thanks.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 02:08 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's a video, not an article actually. It's available on the NFL app. It's actually a short cut from them talking about it on NFL Network. I was unable to link it. If you have the app, you should be able to find it.
OK. thanks. I'll try that route.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up