ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 06-15-2019
Belicheck has the highest paid corner, one he signed as s free agent

Enough with this Belicheck doesn’t pay guys shit
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:03 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Here's a good point though
season.*Derek Carr, also from the 2014 draft class, recently signed a 5 year $125M extension that makes him the highest paid player in league history. That will likely change in the years to come as the league’s salary cap increases with every passing season and more young franchise quarterbacks will be up for extensions that will surpass Carr’s. Carr is the most notable from the players in the 2014 class mentioned because he was a second rounder, not a first. That meant the*Raiders*couldn’t option him for a fifth year and delay a newer deal. This then created more urgency on the Raiders’ behalf to get a deal done sooner.
:-) what a stupid deal for the Faders.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:28 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

And paid Revis and Ty Law, too.

He values elite corners on defense
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:11 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
See Bellichek. He has mastered the chess game of contract negotiation(never paying top dollar at any position, along with acquiring xtra draft picks along the way for flexibility to move in the draft, or trading for a player) and eye for real talent. Does Bellichek pay Bowe, Houston or Berry ? Nope !!
Sure wish Bellicheck would sign Berry, now. With his heel be 100% and all now. Haglund rides again strong.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:19 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yep I was wrong. And it's for ALL rookies not just jones. Here's a break down
http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-...xtension-deal/
Thanks for sharing. The article is interesting even though my head started hurting trying to understand it all.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:20 PM 06-15-2019

Corners and safeties don’t get that much though. They usually get 2/3 of what QB’s/ pass rushers get, so no I don’t think Bill would extend Jones.

I would though and I hope Veach just pays him big now. Cap is still going up each year.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:20 PM 06-15-2019
So, where do the Chiefs and CJ go from here?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:00 PM 06-15-2019
Seems to me that the Chiefs want to go ahead and gamble, and why not? if Spags thinks they can do better upfront and that Jones isn't his ideal fit, then it's a win-win for the Chiefs.
I like the kid a lot, he's a competitor. That said, I HAVE advocated for a more business-like approach with these guys and if that's what we're doing then that's fine by me.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:05 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He wants 20 LESS than Donald and the Chiefs are grousing???

Get the **** outta' here Brett!!!

If he misses camp, it's ALL on the FO.
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Seems to me that the Chiefs want to go ahead and gamble, and why not? if Spags thinks they can do better upfront and that Jones isn't his ideal fit, then it's a win-win for the Chiefs.
I like the kid a lot, he's a competitor. That said, I HAVE advocated for a more business-like approach with these guys and if that's what we're doing then that's fine by me.
I'm confused. Which is it? GTFO of here Brett, or that's fine by me?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:50 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I'm confused. Which is it? GTFO of here Brett, or that's fine by me?
"Brett that's fine by me" .

As it was, you know, the last comment made?
Some situations are, say it with me; "fluid". Once more; "fluuuuuuuuid", fluid.
[Reply]
O.city 10:05 AM 06-19-2019

Chris Saw the Clark trade and compensation and wants to be treated as such

The Chiefs want him at OTAs AND want to see him play more structured and not freelance

The situation is turning into one that may last longer than most thought to start the offseason

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) June 19, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 10:05 AM 06-19-2019

I’m sure most Chiefs fans already listen, but if you’re not, The Yahoo Sports NFL Podcast with @TerezPaylor and @CharlesRobinson is a must listen.

Great all around podcast for NFL fans but every week there is a major Chiefs nugget.

This week the talk was about Chris Jones

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) June 19, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 06-19-2019

Chiefs perspective from @TerezPaylor: "Maybe you shouldn't freelance on so many of those sacks. Maybe you should show up to OTAs. You show up we'll start talking."

Whew. https://t.co/06btvgffr6

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) June 19, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 06-19-2019

So basically the Chiefs saw the same thing many of us saw in Chris Jones.

I believe the old golf analogy applies here:

You drive for show but you putt for dough.

If Chris wants to get paid like Donald, 15.5 sacks isn't enough. You have to do the little things too if you want to be the best.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 AM 06-19-2019
I really hope Veach and Jones can get this worked out.

FFS if the guy wants Clark’s deal, take that as a blessing he doesn’t want more and get the deal done.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up