ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 211
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
No, the kids were being absolute shits. The people that were sitting behind them were constantly having to lean to the side to watch the game as they couldn’t see because the kids were standing up the whole game. Yes, have some fun, but not at the expense of everyone else.
Absolutely this. Fucking brats.

Oh, and Keith Olbermann can go choke on a dick and die. Always happy to be on the other side of anything that douche says.

As for the Cards, at least they made it close. Somebody needs to chain Wacha to 55 gallon drum full of concrete and drop his ass in the river.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:01 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bernie wrote a pretty good article about the Cardinals team lacking "edge" and the clubhouse being too comfortable. Here is a snipit.
Maybe Mathenys bible studies weren’t the problem
[Reply]
bdj23 12:15 PM 06-16-2019
Why the hell dont they put Martinez back in the rotation?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:31 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"Macro-wise, Wacha was called up too soon. I don't understand the hype over the kid. That's not to say he can't be a really good pitcher. He should be an eventual strong #3/ solid #2 starter, but the fans treated him like he was a Kershaw type prospect and he's just not that guy. Once he learns to throw his curve effectively he can dominate lineups, but that pitch isn't close to prime time ready."

That's what I said after his first start. He had a nice run at the end of 2013, but even Ryan Vogeldong looked decent in a small enough sample size.

How different are the Cardinals 2014-present if Mozeliak cashes in Wacha and Adams for what they could have gotten for them after 2013?

Wacha pitched way above his skill level and Adams did too.

Betting on a college-product fastball/changeup guy to figure out how to spin the baseball in his kid-20s is a bet they should have let another team make.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:35 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
How different are the Cardinals 2014-present if Mozeliak cashes in Wacha and Adams for what they could have gotten for them after 2013?

Wacha pitched way above his skill level and Adams did too.

Betting on a college-product fastball/changeup guy to figure out how to spin the baseball in his kid-20s is a bet they should have let another team make.
>John Mozeliak
>Making competent gm decisions

Pick 1 and only 1
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:43 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Why the hell dont they put Martinez back in the rotation?
the only logical answer is that his shoulder is more fucked up than they are saying publicly.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:32 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the only logical answer is that his shoulder is more ****ed up than they are saying publicly.
They have stated that they don't think he has the necessary focus to stay on track on his off days.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:46 AM 06-18-2019
They have stated that they don't think he has the necessary focus to stay on track on his off days.
You can see he still has #1 stuff. Slider is crisp. Throwing it for a strike. Change is working. Fastball is still 95-97 regularly. Everyone can see this since he came back off the shoulder issue. Even dumb ass Mo cant come to any conclusion, he belongs in the rotation. So why isn't he in the rotation?

Are they hiding that his shoulder is way worse that they have publicly admitted?

Why didnt he stay in the minors to prepare for a starting role? Was he going out and getting drunk in the minors? Late for practices? Not doing his off day work? Not doing the shoulder strengthening exercises? Something is up with that we dont know.

If he has OCD or some other legitimate physiological condition that doesn't allow him to focus, they have non-narcotic drugs that help 99.99% of people with those conditions. So does he not take them regularly? Refuses?

Is he still messed up from his buddy Taveras dying?

Whatever it is, how he is being currently handled makes no logical sense with the public information that has been released.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:57 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I'm probably half your age, hoss. If I paid that kind of money to go sit in those seats, I wouldn't put up with not being able to see the game.
I think we should continue to police any fun it will certainly help all the empty stadiums.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:42 AM 06-18-2019
I about fell out of my chair when Carpenter bunted against the shift, for a double no less.

How fucking hard was that and why did it take 1.5 years to figure that out?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:35 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can see he still has #1 stuff. Slider is crisp. Throwing it for a strike. Change is working. Fastball is still 95-97 regularly. Everyone can see this since he came back off the shoulder issue. Even dumb ass Mo cant come to any conclusion, he belongs in the rotation. So why isn't he in the rotation?

Are they hiding that his shoulder is way worse that they have publicly admitted?

Why didnt he stay in the minors to prepare for a starting role? Was he going out and getting drunk in the minors? Late for practices? Not doing his off day work? Not doing the shoulder strengthening exercises? Something is up with that we dont know.

If he has OCD or some other legitimate physiological condition that doesn't allow him to focus, they have non-narcotic drugs that help 99.99% of people with those conditions. So does he not take them regularly? Refuses?

Is he still messed up from his buddy Taveras dying?

Whatever it is, how he is being currently handled makes no logical sense with the public information that has been released.
Incompetence.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 PM 06-18-2019

I appreciate the #STLCards doing everything they can to maximize the odds of one last Pujols HR at Busch. #TimeToFly https://t.co/YXsu07oGPm

— ⚾ b _ g _ h ⚾ (@b_g_h) June 18, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:10 PM 06-18-2019
Wacha is still starting? Holy fucking shitballs. Fire everyone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 PM 06-18-2019
Wacha is still starting? Holy ****ing shitballs. Fire everyone.
no shit. He was getting smacked around his last 5 starts. has a mediocre start against the Marlins and he gets hammered the next time. So let’s give him another start.

I realize Gomber is hurt. Reyes ain’t doing well. But, take whoever is pitching the best in AAA and give them a shot. How could they do any worse than Wacha?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 PM 06-18-2019
This is brutal. From Bernie’s Athletic column

What do the Cardinals have to show for trading: Marco Gonzales, Tommy Pham, Luke Voit, Aledmys Diaz, Stephen Piscotty, Mike Leake, Oscar Mercado and Randal Grichuk (among others)?

Our friend Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch and STLtoday did the homework:

“Since they last reached the playoffs, in 2015, the Cardinals have received 18.0 Wins Above Replacement from acquired players. Jedd Gyorko has contributed 8.6 WAR. The players traded away gave their new teams 25.7 WAR, 4.9 belonging to Tommy Pham.”

And really, that scorecard is much worse if we remove Gyorko from the equation. Moreover, Gyorko has been good for only 1.1 WAR since the start of last season.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 211
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up