ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 211
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 04:20 PM 02-19-2019
I win.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I win.
My post was still better because it has a callback to my previous brilliance in identifying the actual problem over your clearly foolish "but his mechanics!" approach.

Go drill some teeth or something.
[Reply]
O.city 04:23 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My post was still better because it has a callback to my previous brilliance in identifying the actual problem over your clearly foolish "but his mechanics!" approach.

Go drill some teeth or something.
I'm waiting for a pt to get numb so I can do a root canal because I told them 2 years ago that a tooth needed a filling and they said "nah, it's not hurting I'll wait til it does".

Naturally, what could have been an easy 170 dollar filling is now a 2k dollar root canal and crown.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:46 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm waiting for a pt to get numb so I can do a root canal because I told them 2 years ago that a tooth needed a filling and they said "nah, it's not hurting I'll wait til it does".

Naturally, what could have been an easy 170 dollar filling is now a 2k dollar root canal and crown.
you should've just punched it out. He was looking to hurt anyway.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:47 PM 02-19-2019
And DAMN that seems expensive. Glad we got in on the family plan.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And DAMN that seems expensive. Glad we got in on the family plan.
Lol keep that to yourself
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he came to camp with shoulder weakness that's an indictment on 1) The Cardinals for not having him on a throwing program designed to get his arm into shape or 2) Carlos for not adhering to it.
Goold was on the Danny Mac podcast trying to not throw Carlos under the bus for not adhering to the throwing and strengthening exercises that the Cardinals and his own medical advisors put him on to strengthen the arm, scapula and the muscles around the shoulder. That there would be more on that in the paper but thats all he'd say for now. Sounds like he was going to come down on Carlos hard for not doing the off season work.

You seen the off-season workouts that Mahomes is doing to strengthen his shoulder on Instagram? Thats some fantastic commitment to being his personal best and for the team.

It seems that all I ever see from Carlos is he with his Lamborghini. Maybe he has been doing the off-season work but spring training opens and his shoulder needs to rest? Come on man.....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:07 PM 02-20-2019
Not looking good for DJ’s fantasy team........

Top #MLB positional player contracts the last ten years:

Giancarlo Stanton - $325mil
Miguel Cabrera - $248mil
Albert Pujols - $240mil
Robinson Cano - $240mil
Joey Votto - $225mil
Prince Fielder - $214mil

World Series Games after signing - 0

Welcome to the club Manny #Machado.

— Colin Barnicle (@ColinBarnicle) February 20, 2019

[Reply]
VAChief 12:58 PM 02-21-2019
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-finishing-500

:-)

I don't see it happening, but still funny as hell.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:

:-)

I don't see it happening, but still funny as hell.
they have a lot of unhappy people in that clubhouse, front office and fans. Everyone can now see clearly, there will be no dyansty with this group.

But falling to last place? GTFO :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:30 PM 02-21-2019
Looks like they are going to bat Fowler 2nd. Updated the projected lineup in the OP based on what was in the STL today article.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:33 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Looks like they are going to bat Fowler 2nd. Updated the projected lineup in the OP based on what was in the STL today article.
Might as well pull Martinez out of your projected rotation too
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:41 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Might as well pull Martinez out of your projected rotation too
hell, your going to need to write it all in pencil. We have a lot of talent but not many dependable or proven starters. Mikolas, Flaherty and then......

even in a best case scenario that Reyes, Hudson and Gomer perform at or near their top potential, they are not pitching 200 innings.

Wacha will be hurt within a couple of months
Waino? No way he contributes anything significantly for a full season
Martinez is going to the bullpen

Bernie in the Athletic made a case today to go after Dallas Keuchel. He thinks you can get him in a 2-3 year deal. I’m kind of warming to that idea as long as the contract length isn’t more than 2 years with an opt out if it’s 3 years.

On the plus side the bullpen is going to be better
Martinez, Miller and Hicks and maybe Heisley will potentially be as good as anyone’s backend in baseball.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:31 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by :
PB: Just surprised you're ok with Theo blowing 55M on three vets who are basically Jake Junis. If you're cool with that I won't get in the way. Theodore strategy of developing the hitting get the pitching failed this year. And I don't think it gets better next year.

JD1010: A lot of the Cubs ugly rotation numbers came from Tyler Chatwood who isn't in the rotation any more and I suspect the Cubs will extend Cole Hamels to get his number down for next year.

So you keep on looking at stat sheets and I'll keep watching the actual games.

PB: Yeah you keep watching Cubs, I'll keep watching the Royals. It's the same exact rotation so we can both speak about the other. Hamels pitched really well and was the only diff between the rotations. If you're ok being the same SP as the Royals headed into 2019, which you will be w/o Hamels (and maybe even with him if he reverts to recent form), I won't stop you

JD1010: Your and idiot. Stick to last place baseball and thinking your team is in any way comparable to 90+ win teams.

http://work.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=3861

Last place? Cubs laugh off formula that has them finishing under .500

MESA, Ariz. -- It was hidden in plain sight. And everyone in the locker room saw it. At the bottom of the daily schedule, on Day 1 of full-squad workouts for the Chicago Cubs, was a prediction for their season. Baseball Prospectus' proprietary PECOTA formula had the Cubs going 80-82, finishing in last place in the National League Central.

“If that's what they have us at, they need to recheck those numbers," closer Brandon Morrow said. "That's ridiculous, considering the guys we have coming back from injuries. It's not the Chicago Cubs."

According to Cubs brass, the PECOTA formula doesn't take kindly to aging starting pitchers. Jon Lester and Cole Hamels are both 35 years old, Yu Darvish is 32, Jose Quintana just turned 30 and Kyle Hendricks is 29.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 PM 02-22-2019
I get that the Cubs are chafed and probably rightfully so.

But what they fail to acknowledge is that Pecota considers ceiling AND floor. And while the Cubs ceiling is as high or higher than anyone in the NL, their floor is reeeeeaaaaal bad. That pitching staff could be among the worst in all of baseball and their reinforcements establish zero confidence.

Now it would require that every question mark that have go badly for them. Lester's decline would have to continue (his stuff is just shitty these days) and Hamels would have to revert back to his Rangers form. Darvish would have to stay hurt and the league would have to catch onto Hendricks and his slow, slower, slowest approach. And Quintana would have to be the fools gold he looked like last year.

None of those things are individually impossible or even unlikely. But for ALL of those things to happen seems pretty remote.

If they do, that team could struggle to win 75 games. Granted, you can pretty much say that about everybody's pitching staff but the Cubs do seem to have an unusual combination of age, injury and fringy stuff all over their staff.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 211
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up