ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Godzilla: King of Monsters
ThaVirus 08:00 PM 07-20-2018
So the next Godzilla movie released a teaser trailer and has a pretty cool viral marketing campaign going on right now.

Visit: www.monarchsciences.com to track Godzilla and see all the Monarch facilities across the globe. Thus far we've got Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah confirmed while Zilla's on the move, appearing to be heading to San Diego to drop the trailer at Comic-Con.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:08 PM 06-02-2019
I was going to see this movie, but then I found out that the audio matched the lips too accurately. Very disappointed.
[Reply]
kc rush 02:52 PM 06-02-2019
Pretty entertaining, but definitely could have been trimmed.

Any attempts at humor felt misplaced and fell flat for me.

I really hated the mom.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:47 PM 06-02-2019
Lots of monster fights which was cool but jesus the plot/acting and jokes they tried to throw out were just horrible really.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 06:29 AM 06-03-2019
What I don't get about movies like this is why they try so hard for these human arcs and story telling..no one sees these movies for that.

Yea lets reveal a badass monster then show some fucktards watching it on a monitor, I don't want to see people watching a cool shit just show me the cool shit.

They really need to get away from thinking the humans are going to draw anyone into these movies, they're not.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:23 AM 06-03-2019
Still trying to wrap my head around Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister from GoT) being in this movie...

Will see if I can lure at least one of my boys into wanting to see it. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:00 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Still trying to wrap my head around Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister from GoT) being in this movie...

Will see if I can lure at least one of my boys into wanting to see it. :-)
With Ken Watanabe the producers were hoping hen and Dance would carry the movie inspite of the shitty plot, and IMO they succeeded in that element.

In all honesty the storyline was as goofy as an old James Bond movie which was a vintage Connery/Roger Moore staple
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:00 PM 06-03-2019
I loved it. Yeah, the plot had some holes and inconsistencies and the wife was just....gaaaah (writers fault) but i went to go see Monsters fighting.

And that's exactly what i got. It was epic. Loved it. My boy liked it more than End Game. I got exactly what i paid for and then some.

If you're a monster movie guy and love monsters fucking shit up and being Monsters and doing Monster things then i would highly recommend this one.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Saw it tonight- so much better than the last one.

Set it up for the next one fighting King Kong.

I have to go with Godzilla on that fight.
Yeah, if they go with this new Godzilla, Kong has no chance. They have to either Nerf 'Zilla or Buff the ever living piss out of Kong. Me and my son were talking about that.

"Skull Island" Kong would get wrecked.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:45 PM 06-03-2019

[Reply]
Rausch 06:20 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Joe was WAY harder on this than I expected. I'm glad I watched their review first because it lowered my expectations and I didn't see any of his complaints to the degree he did.

To be fair: there are ONLY 4 MONSTERS in this film. Any other monster has LESS than 30 seconds of total screen time...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:42 AM 06-06-2019
I thought it was awesome. The Titans in particular were all fucking incredible.

I just about jizzed every time Godzilla confronted Ghidorah.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:01 AM 06-06-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
FAX 06:19 AM 06-06-2019
My favorite line ...

Our heroes need a plan fast because they're dealing with a serious nuclear bomb problem while confronting the fact that Godzilla's ass is getting kicked, but they are also suddenly informed that enormous, new monsters are popping up everywhere on the planet, and a 10-second countdown has commenced because the government has just launched a brand-new, untested oxygen-destroying bomb with a 20 mile, all-life-killing, total devastation radius (whilst our heroes are smack-dab in ground zero), Ken Watanabe says to Kyle Chandler, "What do you suggest?"

FAX
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:24 AM 06-10-2019
I had a good time with this one as did my girlfriend.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:46 AM 06-14-2019
I plan to see it a second time either mon or tues while a new roof is put on the house.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up