ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shared fences and eminent domain
007 07:29 PM 05-18-2018
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:38 AM 06-15-2019
As I said, the judge gave the defendant the opportunity to pay you but since the same survey documents on their property had the same pis locations the other party waived their option.
The judge basically said loser pays the bill.

What would the bill be for a residential survey and testimony????

I posted before where I made a claim against Home Savings in a manner and they paid a survey as part of discovery. they purchases said properties from 2 homeowners to make me whole w/o a judge.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:42 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I would but I don't want their dogs destroying a brand new fence anymore than I want them destroying this old one.

It's clear they seem to think their dogs destroying the fence is my problem and not theirs.
I haven't read this entire thread but I think you're going about this the hard way.
Dog's destroying your fence? Let your neighbor know they may want to keep their dogs away from the fence because you're going to start spraying all of it with some pesticide and insecticide because of the weeds and bugs. Then start spraying the hell out of it and let them see you spraying it. Spray it a lot. Hell, you could just use water, they don't need to know that.

That's just one idea but things like that will prob get results faster than anything.:-)

Tell him you got ahold of an old bottle of Diazanon and that's what you'll be using.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:08 AM 06-15-2019
bring out the EPA/ I like it...that's right up therewith building new fence with railroad ties...:-):-):-)

Originally Posted by stumppy:
I haven't read this entire thread but I think you're going about this the hard way.
Dog's destroying your fence? Let your neighbor know they may want to keep their dogs away from the fence because you're going to start spraying all of it with some pesticide and insecticide because of the weeds and bugs. Then start spraying the hell out of it and let them see you spraying it. Spray it a lot. Hell, you could just use water, they don't need to know that.

That's just one idea but things like that will prob get results faster than anything.:-)

Tell him you got ahold of an old bottle of Diazanon and that's what you'll be using.

[Reply]
stumppy 12:17 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
bring out the EPA/ I like it...that's right up therewith building new fence with railroad ties...:-):-):-)
Yea, like I said. I just do whatever needs to be done. I've currently got a fucking idiot, asshole neighbor. He learned awhile back to give me a wide berth when it comes to shit like this.:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:16 PM 06-15-2019
These are my Before & After pictures for today. Just pinned in my neighbor so he can't put things in his backyard unless he goes by the pond.
City code is still on my side
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:14 PM 06-15-2019
I see a great place to air out a pee
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:15 PM 06-15-2019
I always like pine trees as pine trees spread and drop turds. I hope you placed them 3' on your side?

I had a neighbor who treated me like that, I dig a 20' deep trench, put in a 18" plastic growth guard and planted 50 bamboo sprouts along the property line, they were about 6-7 high and sprouts were about to reach the property line when I sold. He watched me install the barrier.

I know it's the camera but can you park a car in the driveway???

What is that in your back yard? garden and ?? firepit?

I have never been allowed to have sheds where I lived (with HOA's) or outdoor trailers, boats, ect. Nice of him to think of you...

Nice trailer, you should put it on craigslist
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:26 PM 06-15-2019
That is the view from MY DECK. The firepit is mine. The garden is the neighbor to the right.
The trees are less than a foot away from the perceived property line. I was told by the city that I could put them on the line--but would be best to put them inside as not to cause confusion.

The shed is not mine but of legal size. But I still think it is too close to the property line.
Everything behind the tree is the neighbor that is the pain.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:30 PM 06-15-2019
Put the shed on craigslist too.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
That is the view from MY DECK. The firepit is mine. The garden is the neighbor to the right.
The trees are less than a foot away from the perceived property line. I was told by the city that I could put them on the line--but would be best to put them inside as not to cause confusion.

The shed is not mine but of legal size. But I still think it is too close to the property line.
Everything behind the tree is the neighbor that is the pain.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:35 PM 06-15-2019
Put the shed on craigslist too.
The city told me that since he knowingly put his shed within 25 feet of my fire pit-he would be liable if the shed burned down.

Challenge accepted.

Trailer is illegal since it is on grass and not rock. If I wanted to be a real jerk, I think the city would fry him. I told him the reason I made a big deal of everything is because I have to look at it. He does not. He often has a larger trailer in the driveway to carry his drag race Camaro that he revs at 9pm at night in the winter.

For the record-I had help today. A 20 year old kid that likes landscaping. He he was big. I am exhausted.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:41 AM 06-16-2019
Bamboo, it's your buddy
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:19 PM 06-16-2019
Another option perhaps..

[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:13 PM 06-16-2019
I always like pine trees as pine trees spread and drop turds. I hope you placed them 3' on your side?

I had a neighbor who treated me like that, I dig a 20' deep trench, put in a 18" plastic growth guard and planted 50 bamboo sprouts along the property line, they were about 6-7 high and sprouts were about to reach the property line when I sold. He watched me install the barrier.

I know it's the camera but can you park a car in the driveway???

What is that in your back yard? garden and ?? firepit?

I have never been allowed to have sheds where I lived (with HOA's) or outdoor trailers, boats, ect. Nice of him to think of you...

Nice trailer, you should put it on craigslist
You dug a 20’ deep trench along your property line just to spite your neighbor. I call bullshit.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:35 PM 06-16-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
You dug a 20’ deep trench along your property line just to spite your neighbor. I call bullshit.

20"deep inch. Sorry, I missed the typo. I had a trencher installing drain tile so it was easy
[Reply]
scho63 08:03 PM 06-16-2019
As a kid growing up, we had a somewhat similar situation but not too hostile.

Our neighbor had a HUGE 120-150 year old oak that was huge and one gigantic branch as thick as a giant pumpkin grew across their fence and across 30% of our backyard, including over a small portion of our roof.

What was annoying was that not only did the tree shed branches and leaves like crazy but it rained acorns on our roof for many months during season. We also had NO TRESS in our backyard yet had bags upon bags of leaves before winter to rake as kids. Drove me crazy.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up