ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:30 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
IF you liked San Junipero (easily the most uplifting episode), watch Hang the DJ.

Originally Posted by Otter:
S04 E01 · USS Callister

Funny, light. easy to relate and highly entertaining.
Thank you gents I'll check the out.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 AM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Alright you jokers on your recommendation I recently watched White Christmas. Not goofy like the pig ****er episode but not real uplifting either.
95% of episodes leave you feeling uncomfortable afterward (not unlike watching Case Keenum manage an offense). There's very little uplifting. But that's part of the show's brilliance.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:13 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
New Black Mirror movie released today (Bandersnatch). It's interactive so you make a variety of choices yourself to take different paths. Haven't started yet but salivating. This show is beyond brilliant.
This was a mind fuck lol
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:03 PM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
This was a mind **** lol
Was a lot of fun....

My ending:

Spoiler!

Apparently once you see "go to credits" it's over.......but you can "reset" and see other paths before a hard-stop.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:05 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
95% of episodes leave you feeling uncomfortable afterward (not unlike watching Case Keenum manage an offense). There's very little uplifting. But that's part of the show's brilliance.
To me it's the closest thing to a spiritual successor to the Twilight Zone.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:06 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Was a lot of fun....

My ending:

Spoiler!

Apparently once you see "go to credits" it's over.......but you can "reset" and see other paths before a hard-stop.
So, is this like a Pick a Path movie?

Interdasting.

I assume you can watch multiple times and make multiple choices?...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So, is this like a Pick a Path movie?

Interdasting.

I assume you can watch multiple times and make multiple choices?...
Yes. Like Pick a path.

I think there is like 10 different endings?

At some endings it lets you go back to an earlier decision point to start over. It’s pretty cool
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:24 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Was a lot of fun....

My ending:

Spoiler!

It’s a Choose Your Own Adventure episode.

I got all 5 main endings, including a 5 star game review.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:19 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
It’s a Choose Your Own Adventure episode.

I got all 5 main endings, including a 5 star game review.
It was alot of fun...I liked the tell tale video games like the walking dead and Batman but this was more fun
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:48 PM 01-02-2019
by the way.....anyone else catch the easter eggs in bandersnatch?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MTG#10 08:21 PM 01-03-2019
Checked out Bandersnatch, very fun. I didn't really like how it made you choose some paths to advance in the story though. If they didn't want you to choose a certain path they shouldn't have offered it.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 11:14 PM 01-03-2019
I have watched this 5-6 times now...it's hard to know quite how many because of the loops.

I think it is a great episode, definitely fits within the Black Mirror Universe...

What worried me the most was the choose your own adventure aspect but they pulled it off quite brilliantly.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:56 PM 01-11-2019

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:06 PM 01-11-2019
[Yeah] [Fuck Yeah]
[Reply]
Rausch 10:41 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I still think this woke up Europe.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >