ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damn, Deontay Wilder.
In58men 11:43 PM 03-15-2014
Knocked his opponent out in the first round just now.

31-0

31 KO's

18 wins coming from the 1st round. Unbelievable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
....we aren't tlaking about running, we are talking about endurance.

Most of the power comes from the legs.

Now granted his extreme height accounts for that long lean look, not saying his legs aren't strong.

Interesting to see someone go the distance with him.
Come on, dude. You can't look at a specific muscle and determine much about an athlete.

The guy's got skinny calves.. Doesn't necessarily mean he can't generate a lot of power and it doesn't mean he can't "go the distance".
[Reply]
stevieray 03:19 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Come on, dude. You can't look at a specific muscle and determine much about an athlete.

The guy's got skinny calves.. Doesn't necessarily mean he can't generate a lot of power and it doesn't mean he can't "go the distance".
I didn't say either of those things.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:21 PM 05-19-2019
Wilder looks like Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:31 PM 05-19-2019
Wilder is a bad bad man. Curious how he would fair learning some mix martial arts
[Reply]
COchief 03:33 PM 05-19-2019
Wow, so much bullshit and many uninformed opinions in this thread. The type of imbeciles that routinely dismiss the GOATS of all sports and can't wait to crown any dipshit that displays a modicum of talent as the next "Gretzy, Jordan, Montana".

First things first: I watched every "knockout" by this fool and the last one was a white dude that took, count em, 10 uncontested shots to the head by this guy and was still standing looking at him. If you gave a 20 year old Tyson 10 uncontested shots someone in the first row would have had his opponent's fuggin head in his lap. The utter disrespect shown to Tyson on this board over the years is simply insane.

Nice breakdown of early Tyson without even mentioning the left hook btw, brilliant! Wilder is absolutely wild, imprecise, and looks weak to my eyes. His second "KO" in this video shows a chubby dude who looks like he was pulled out of a bar taking a clean 1-2 straight right to the face from this guy and not even flinching. Please, for the love of god, show me a boxer taking a 1-2 from Tyson early in his career?

Call Tyson a rapist, thug, shit-for-brains for whatever the fugg you want, but also call him, without question, one of the baddest MFers to ever step foot in a ring. He didn't even look like he was trying early in his career, looked like a mid-career Federer to me, basically just showing up bored before the match had even started knowing he was playing on a different planet than anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Nx8RUut1M
[Reply]
TRR 03:44 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by COchief:
Wow, so much bullshit and many uninformed opinions in this thread. The type of imbeciles that routinely dismiss the GOATS of all sports and can't wait to crown any dipshit that displays a modicum of talent as the next "Gretzy, Jordan, Montana".

First things first: I watched every "knockout" by this fool and the last one was a white dude that took, count em, 10 uncontested shots to the head by this guy and was still standing looking at him. If you gave a 20 year old Tyson 10 uncontested shots someone in the first row would have had his opponent's fuggin head in his lap. The utter disrespect shown to Tyson on this board over the years is simply insane.

Nice breakdown of early Tyson without even mentioning the left hook btw, brilliant! Wilder is absolutely wild, imprecise, and looks weak to my eyes. His second "KO" in this video shows a chubby dude who looks like he was pulled out of a bar taking a clean 1-2 straight right to the face from this guy and not even flinching. Please, for the love of god, show me a boxer taking a 1-2 from Tyson early in his career?

Call Tyson a rapist, thug, shit-for-brains for whatever the fugg you want, but also call him, without question, one of the baddest MFers to ever step foot in a ring. He didn't even look like he was trying early in his career, looked like a mid-career Federer to me, basically just showing up bored before the match had even started knowing he was playing on a different planet than anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Nx8RUut1M
Bad take. Tyson was a one hit wonder. Take him deep and watch him get frustrated and crumble. Wilder is way more multiple than Tyson.

Don’t get me wrong, the Tyson era was incredible. But his demise was predictable.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:48 PM 05-19-2019
yeah I mean everyone in boxing new that tyson was going to go to jail for rape bite a dudes ear off then be in the hangover. Everyone had that earmarked.
[Reply]
COchief 04:06 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Bad take. Tyson was a one hit wonder. Take him deep and watch him get frustrated and crumble. Wilder is way more multiple than Tyson.

Don’t get me wrong, the Tyson era was incredible. But his demise was predictable.
You have to figure in his mental decline post rape sentence, at 20 he was one of the scariest human beings to ever step foot on the planet. That left hook was so quick and powerful, if he had a clear mind with his given talent his career would have been Jordanesque. If he had focus, no one would have had the opportunity to "take him deep" in the first place.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:39 PM 05-19-2019
Pretty easy to take Iron Mike deep. Just weather about 11 killshots and you've got him right where you want him.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:49 PM 05-19-2019

he wasnt a 1 hit wonder, alot of the times he broke his opponents down by more then 1 punch, yes he did have 1 punch knock out power. The dude just didnt have that. He had it all.

The problem with Tyson is he started to want to party more then box and he got lazy in training that was his problem. A 1 hit wonder is fucking stupid to say. Dude was a flat out boxer with massive power.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:51 PM 05-19-2019
You have to figure in his mental decline post rape sentence, at 20 he was one of the scariest human beings to ever step foot on the planet. That left hook was so quick and powerful, if he had a clear mind with his given talent his career would have been Jordanesque. If he had focus, no one would have had the opportunity to "take him deep" in the first place.
He was fucking up way before that! Listen to what he actually says in his interviews. He mentally checked out of boxing before that. Dude just wanted to party. He was just super fucking gifted.
[Reply]
TRR 04:52 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
he wasnt a 1 hit wonder, alot of the times he broke his opponents down by more then 1 punch, yes he did have 1 punch knock out power. The dude just didnt have that. He had it all.

The problem with Tyson is he started to want to party more then box and he got lazy in training that was his problem. A 1 hit wonder is ****ing stupid to say. Dude was a flat out boxer with massive power.
Proved over and over he couldn’t go the distance. For whatever reason. In the end it was a huge waste of talent.

One hit (punch) wonder.
[Reply]
TRR 04:56 PM 05-19-2019
Figure in his mental decline? LOL no. That absolutely figures in. He was a child in a mans body. A massive waste of talent.

I loved Tyson. But he ruined it all.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 07:44 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
A lot?

Half truth here. Tyson's speed, combos, and peekaboo defense are indisputable, but making Tyson's power out to be average or below average is crazy talk that nobody who fought him would agree with.

He's not the hardest hitter of all time (Foreman and Julian Jackson come to mind), but had more power that the vast majority of guys in spite of his shorter and more compacted muscles.
Earnie Shavers packed one hell of a punch too. His biggest fault was lack of endurance.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 07:52 PM 05-19-2019

The pre-prison Mike was the baddest man on the planet. He embarrassed some damn good fighters and dominated the heavyweight ranks for a long time. 20 year old Mike against Wilder would be an entertaining match. But, I still think Mike would take him out within 5 rounds.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up