ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 59
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
unlurking 01:33 PM 11-11-2014
Yeah, just watched the latest episode. Felt like filler. Complete waste. I assume they were trying to build the Hera & Sabine characters, but the dialogue and/or the voice acting was just horrible. Total waste of an episode. Didn't even add to the back-story of either character. Very disappointed. Worst episode so far after the Wookies.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:30 PM 11-11-2014
I didn't like the episode very much either, but I thought it did establish some back story. If they'd mentioned Sabine attending the imperial academy on mandalore previously I missed it (would have been during the ep 2 weeks ago). The idea of a contact named Fulcrum (aside: how weird was it to hear that name after just hearing the same name mentioned on the Blacklist) providing sketchy information as well as the first hints of them being part of a larger conspiracy is all pretty important too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:41 PM 11-11-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If they'd mentioned Sabine attending the imperial academy on mandalore previously I missed it (would have been during the ep 2 weeks ago).
I don't believe they mentioned her attendance at the Imperial Academy on Mandalore in past episodes, which I found to be a very interesting reveal. Mandalore as an Imperial outpost?

She's obviously wearing Mandalorian armor (although I do think the pink is a bit over the top) and while I knew that they were "great warriors", the mention of an Imperial Academy on that world is very intriguing and likely sets up something for future episodes or even VII.

That said, I didn't care much for this episode but that's probably because I find the potential back stories and character arcs of Ezra and Kanan much more appealing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:09 PM 11-11-2014
I would assume Sabine is the eventual romantic interest for Ezra (already been teased a ton), so that makes her backstory pretty key. I wouldn't even be surprised to see 'adult' them as a couple in the movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:13 PM 11-11-2014
I would assume Sabine is the eventual romantic interest for Ezra (already been teased a ton), so that makes her backstory pretty key. I wouldn't even be surprised to see 'adult' them as a couple in the movie.
Interesting. For whatever reason, I've assumed she was eight to ten years older than Ezra.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:16 PM 11-11-2014
I don't think she's that much older but both their ages have been kind of indeterminate.

I interpreted her going back to save him and then her look back as she gets on the ship as the first cracks in her...facade is the best word I can think of. He's been pursuing her since the day he stepped on the ship.

Could be reading too much into it... :-)
[Reply]
Silock 03:19 PM 11-11-2014
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Interesting. For whatever reason, I've assumed she was eight to ten years older than Ezra.
That never stopped Anakin.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:20 PM 11-11-2014
I don't think she's that much older but both their ages have been kind of indeterminate.

I interpreted her going back to save him and then her look back as she gets on the ship as the first cracks in her...facade is the best word I can think of. He's been pursuing her since the day he stepped on the ship.

Could be reading too much into it... :-)
I've been watching with my 6 year-old, who sometimes asks questions during the show, so I may have missed that interaction.

I guess the reason I thought she was much older is because of the way she's drawn: Thin waist, ample bosom, etc. (which is somewhat unlike the 30 year old actress that portrays her).

Chalk it up to stereotypical female animation?
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:22 PM 11-11-2014
She could be 17 or 18 and fit that description...

That's actually been what my thinking was: she's 18-20, he's 15 or 16. Watching her whole bit about "you don't trust me" this week made me think she's maybe on the younger side. Like she's really trying hard to get accepted by the grownups.

I just wish they'd get rid of his sling shot. So goofy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 11-11-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
That never stopped Anakin.
Perks of being the Chosen Wand, er One.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:25 PM 11-11-2014
Seriously weak back-story if you want to call it that. One new piece of info. The Fulcrum bit was a lame tease as well. It was setup no different than the way they introduced the first guy they were taking jobs from. We already knew they were "rebels", working for a larger purpose.

I thought by setting up the two alone they'd try and build some sort of bond or we'd get to know them on a more personal level. It just felt stiff and formulaic.

If the amount of "reveal" is this low, I might as well just read the wiki at the end of the season.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:27 PM 11-11-2014
Gotta see who Fulcrum is before I can really pass any sort of judgement on it.

Looks like a lot happens next week. We'll see.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 11-11-2014
Gotta see who Fulcrum is before I can really pass any sort of judgement on it.

Looks like a lot happens next week. We'll see.
I hope it's a double-agent :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:41 PM 11-11-2014
I think throwaway stuff could end up being more important than it seemed initially. Like the kid at the academy who stuck with the Inquisitor to find out what happened to his sister.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:47 PM 11-11-2014
I think throwaway stuff could end up being more important than it seemed initially. Like the kid at the academy who stuck with the Inquisitor to find out what happened to his sister.
Agreed. Either they're setting this up to be a part of the bigger Star Wars universe before A New Hope, or they're tying it in to either VII-IX or the spin offs.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 59
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up