ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Dark Phoenix
Fish 08:31 AM 09-27-2018
Release: February 14, 2019

[Reply]
JD10367 04:51 PM 06-11-2019
Saw it today, it really wasn’t that bad. I like the crop of “young” actors (Fassbender, McAvoy, Hoult), the effects were okay... definitely a bit of a downer movie but not an awful way to kill two hours.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 PM 06-14-2019
Turner has turned into a true hot babe. Really improved her acting. But, this movie has been done before. Seemed to be a rehash of prior plot points. Seemed to me anyway, a by the numbers script. Way too talented of actors to be in such a poor tobaversge movie. I guess the money’s good. The tech was good. Acting was good to excellent by most. I’d pass on this one until it hits cable.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:12 PM 06-16-2019
she sexy af
[Reply]
sully1983 04:24 PM 06-16-2019
I caved and saw it all by myself this past week at a 10am screening and was the only one in the theater lol. Which was actually pretty nice! As for the movie itself, it is a mess and goes off with a whimper (but I'm not even mad about it either, I was prepared for much worse after reading a lot of reviews on Rotten Tomatoes ).

I do agree that Sophia Turner is a total smoke show though. Didn't one of the Jonas brothers marry her? Lucky bastard!
[Reply]
Valiant 07:48 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'll give them a bit of credit. Overall the movies have been garbage, but they did a decent job telling their version Days of Future Past story and the Weapon X/setting up Phoenix in X2. Plus, they did a great job on Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Nightcrawler.

Going to respectfully disagree.
Dofp was bad. Horrible character designs. Weak actors or script, take your pick. Ruined everything first class built. Saying that better than Apocalypse by light years.

Wolverine is the worst thing to happen to the movies. While Hugh is a great actor they made him the focal point instead of the team for the xmen movies. Most other mutants would destroy him in power levels.

Hopefully when they release xmen in the the next ten years. They have it group focused.

Professor Xavier and. Magneto actors did well. But they need to move their history to being in college in the 90s at least for them for future movies.
Make magneto a vet of the gulf war.

Agree on nightcrawler.

For the rest, I want to see the start be the 90s xmen team vs brotherhood terrorist organization and the start of the sentinals for the first movie.

2nd movie, genosha and wild lands, sentinals and anti mutant sentiments.

3rd. Xmen vs avengers.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:35 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Going to respectfully disagree.
Wolverine is the worst thing to happen to the movies. While Hugh is a great actor they made him the focal point instead of the team for the xmen movies. Most other mutants would destroy him in power levels.

Hopefully when they release xmen in the the next ten years. They have it group focused.
I agree, though I think if I was Marvel I would start with a solo Wolverine movie and then fold him in.

Originally Posted by :
Professor Xavier and. Magneto actors did well. But they need to move their history to being in college in the 90s at least for them for future movies.
Make magneto a vet of the gulf war.
It's tough because being a Holocaust survivor is such an integral part of Magneto's backstory, but they can't really cast another 80 year old actor to play him. Maybe he could be a survivor of the Rwandan genocide? Or maybe just don't use Magneto. Marvel has been sticking to new villains in Spider-Man, maybe they do the same thing here. The Fox movies treated Magneto as a much more central character than the comics ever did, he could kind of use a rest.

Originally Posted by :
For the rest, I want to see the start be the 90s xmen team vs brotherhood terrorist organization and the start of the sentinals for the first movie.

2nd movie, genosha and wild lands, sentinals and anti mutant sentiments.

3rd. Xmen vs avengers.
I think what I'd do is loosely adapt Giant Size X-Men #1, in the same way Avengers was a (very) loose adaptation of Avengers #1. In case anyone is unfamiliar, Giant Size X-Men #1 is the first appearance of the new team (Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, etc) who were assembled by Xavier to rescue the original team (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Angel). So respect the broad strokes of continuity, but jump ahead to the more interesting characters. I think instead of Krakoa I'd pick up the registration plotline, and the original X-Men are captured by Sentinels under the command of Thunderbolt Ross.

And in the same way that Wolverine's first appearance pre-dated Giant Size #1, I'd do a Wolverine movie first. The comic was Wolverine vs Hulk but that doesn't make sense with Smart Hulk, so maybe do Wolverine vs Abomination. And/or pick up the dangling plot thread of the Leader. Then post-Credits Xavier shows up to recruit Wolverine.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up