ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:35 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And man, I would like to go see this movie while it's on the big screen, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go drop 15-20 bucks on a ticket for it. I'll probably kick myself for not doing it when I finally do see it on one of the movie channels....
We saw it last Saturday at 11:30 am at the AMC 16 in Burbank.

$8.49 a ticket.
[Reply]
tk13 07:27 PM 11-29-2017
Finally got to see it. I actually do think the reviews are a bit harsh... this is way better than Batman vs. Superman. It was fun to see the characters on screen together too.

Although I have to concede the work on Cavill's mustache is just awful. I was able to get past it but I could see why people had a hard time taking the movie seriously with that kind of look. I saw where one of the FX guys said on reddit that they rushed everything, it sure looked like it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:08 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
Finally got to see it. I actually do think the reviews are a bit harsh... this is way better than Batman vs. Superman. It was fun to see the characters on screen together too.

Although I have to concede the work on Cavill's mustache is just awful. I was able to get past it but I could see why people had a hard time taking the movie seriously with that kind of look. I saw where one of the FX guys said on reddit that they rushed everything, it sure looked like it.
WB needs to get out of it's own way. That said this movie gives me hope that figure films will be better.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:46 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
WB needs to get out of it's own way. That said this movie gives me hope that figure films will be better.
If Matthew Vaughn helms MoS 2, and he keeps interest in the franchise then they found someone that could make Supes universally liked again .
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:35 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:

I agree said it before JL and BvS feel like 4 films crushed into 2, I know you weren't specifically talking about the narrative but I think it goes for everything... not sure what the hurry is.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:38 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I agree said it before JL and BvS feel like 4 films crushed into 2, I know you weren't specifically talking about the narrative but I think it goes for everything... not sure what the hurry is.
They got a late start competing against Marvel and are trying to catch up.
[Reply]
007 11:32 PM 11-30-2017
This movie was really odd for me. While watching I kept thinking I liked it but by the time the movie was over I thought it was kind of crappy. MoS, WW and BvS UE were better by far. This one was way too campy and felt completely out of place from the other three. I like the serious overtones of the others. This one just felt like it was trying to be Marvel.
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:28 PM 12-01-2017
I thought Wonder Woman was ant man level good- don’t get the hype
[Reply]
Rausch 02:21 AM 12-02-2017
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Agreed big fan of Watchmen
This.

Plus my boss looks exactly like the actor (Wilson) and we all joke about how uncomfortable that 8 hour sex scene is now.

In fact, we're all doing photoshops of him after he had a few and posted a "flex pic" on FB.

I'll post 2 below. Go crazy with it if you feel creative...
Attached: wilson bear.jpg (38.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:10 PM 12-05-2017
Down 60% this weekend, bringing in a bit more than $16.6m, and currently at $197m domestically.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:22 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Down 60% this weekend, bringing in a bit more than $16.6m, and currently at $197m domestically.
$570 million globally.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:28 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
$570 million globally.
It'll easily hit $600 million and earn another $100 million in DVD/BluRay/VOD/Streaming.

Those aren't "Marvel" numbers but they're pretty godamn good.

Christopher Nolan was interviewed recently and he said the difference between his Batman film and Snyder's is that he was "given time".

Three years between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then four years between the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises gave him time to fully develop the story and characters.

WB's just pumping shit out as fast as they can without that kind of development.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:33 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
$570 million globally.
Yeah, the numbers are not trending well, either domestically or globally. I wonder if this is the movie that leads to the desperately needed changes, or if they will just continue to make bad movies for diminishing returns.
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:26 AM 12-06-2017
Wasn’t there an exec that was behind the crazy reshoots for Suicide squad and responsible for making air justice league was around two hour mark and no more due to $$$ incentive? Asian name
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:30 PM 12-07-2017
Looks Affleck will be out soon. Staying on for Flashpoint and Reeves casting his own Batman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ision#/slide/1

Warner Bros. planning to restructure DC Films division

Following the box office disappointment of their latest feature,*Justice League,*Variety*reports that Warner Bros. is in the process of shifting and restructuring their DC Films division. The outlet reveals that current head of DC Films, Jon Berg, will be shifted to a different position in the studio, working as a production partner alongside*IT*producer Roy Lee.

“This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio,”*Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Toby Emmerich told*Variety.*“I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought ‘Elf’ to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

A replacement for Berg is in the works and that person will continue to work alongside DC CCO Geoff Johns. The outlet also reports that Warner Bros. is considering moving their DC Films under their main production arm, making it no longer a separate division of the studio, similar to how the X-Men films are set up at 20th Century Fox and unlike Marvel Studios at Disney.*Variety*reports the overhaul of DC Films is expected to happen by January.

The decision for restructuring comes after*Justice League*has brought in just $572 million worldwide, making it the lowest grossing film in the DCEU by almost $100 million. Troubles on*Justice League*first began as an early cut of the film by Zack Snyder was screened for studio executives (which we now know*DID feature the famous black suit for Superman) who were reportedly alarmed by its dark tone, which had been a major criticism of*Man of Steel*and*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

WB reportedly doesn’t consider*Justice League*a failure, however, as it successfully introduced audiences to Ezra Miller’s The Flash and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, both of which have their own films in the works. The*Aquaman*solo film is set to arrive in theaters on December 21, 2018 while*The Flash*movie will reportedly bring Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Ben Affleck’s Batman back together for an adaptation of the “Flashpoint” storyline. Affleck, however, is not expected to star in director Matt Reeves’ upcoming*Batman*feature film, which will reportedly have all-new talent.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...Gpfbi28UrUP.99
[Reply]
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up