ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Appreciation Thread
Titty Meat 10:58 PM 03-13-2019
Not many guys meant more to this town than you. You are a warrior and a survivor. The biggest FU to cancer in professional sports. Unfortunately theres injuries in football and it's a business. My limited interactions with you were always positive. Thank you for all that you did. Today is a very sad day.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:25 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Berry is not worthy of that.
And you are not worthy of the air you breathe, yet you still live.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:12 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Didn't he also have an actual pick-6 in that game too?
He did. He was directly responsible for 8 of our points that game- 9 if you count the PAT.

I remember reading that Berry actually scored more points than like three or four entire offenses that week.
[Reply]
notorious 06:13 AM 03-14-2019
He was a warrior on defenses that carried the team. Dynamic, left everything on the field.

It’s interesting that the defense went to complete shit the same time he went down against NE.

Breaks my heart.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:30 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Last really Great play I remember is Berry picking off Matt Ryan on the two point conversion, running it all the way to the house to seal the win!!

Lots of other GREAT memories, Chiefs Legend, Eric Berry #29.

Thank you sir and good luck to you.
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Didn't he also have an actual pick-6 in that game too?
Yes, he single handedly won that game for us. One of my favorite memories of EB.

And a hearty "fuck you" to those who chose only to come and shit on this thread. I'm looking at you CoMo and Red Dawg.
[Reply]
Ken Bone 06:45 AM 03-14-2019
Thank you EB for all you’ve done, you’re an inspiration to me. I named both of my kids, my dog and my cat after you. I own 29 EB jerseys, I wear all of them to bed.

Also thank you for the 3 games you played in the last 2 seasons.
[Reply]
loochy 07:05 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Last really Great play I remember is Berry picking off Matt Ryan on the two point conversion, running it all the way to the house to seal the win!!

Lots of other GREAT memories, Chiefs Legend, Eric Berry #29.

Thank you sir and good luck to you.

Yeah, that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Berry's greatness.

The second thing I think of is when Berry is the monster game he was having against the Pats when he popped his achilles. He was an absolute BEAST that game...

It just sucks what happened to him. He was easily HOF caliber.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:32 AM 03-14-2019
He was a hell of a safety up until the achilles. I'm sure cancer changed his viewpoint on life some, it changes every survivor's viewpoint. Just as others have said I'll remember him for the ATL game and not the last 2 years. I hope he is in a position to hang up his cleats and enjoy what the rest of his life has to offer and not have to battle a "pain management" issue and have people like us question his constitution/toughness/inner strength, whatever you want to call it. EB, just say f*** y** and walk off into the sunset.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:35 AM 03-14-2019
CoMo Chief is the Wyandotte County of CP posters
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Eric Berry is now the Chiefs' DeLorean.

Exciting, attractive, adventurous in appearance, all creating tremendous buzz.

Then we drove it, and it had a Volvo V6 and a squishy suspension, . . . the ownership went to jail on a cocaine bust.

A whole lot of could have been, and sweet dreams of future glory, . . . but the reality underperformed and it's history.

Tomorrow's a new day.
This is a true perception of his time in KC. His on the field time here. But, off the field...............

As a person who kicked cancers ass, respect in the locker room etc. he earned the respect of most fans as a human being.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:02 AM 03-14-2019
Eric Berry was my favorite Chief prior to the drafting of Mr. Mahomes. His was the first jersey I bought since Priest Holmes.

However, it didn't really set in until late last night, when I had to tell my 17-year old daughter that her first and only favorite Chief, was gone.

I'm excited for the team and the future but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed out today. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:05 AM 03-14-2019
Even my wife and son were surprised when i said Berry was cut.

An all time favorite for sure. DB is my favorite position and EB was my favorite DB of all time. Dude was a beast. Will always remember the Ravens stare-down. And he was the only guy to really bring it that day too.

Just a cool dude, great, fearless player and i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

He's still my desktop background.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Even my wife and son were surprised when i said Berry was cut.

An all time favorite for sure. DB is my favorite position and EB was my favorite DB of all time. Dude was a beast. Will always remember the Ravens stare-down. And he was the only guy to really bring it that day too.

Just a cool dude, great, fearless player and i wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

He's still my desktop background.
Yep.

I've always been a nut for good safeties. EB was a dream pick for sure.
[Reply]
loochy 09:17 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I had to tell my 17-year old daughter that her first and only favorite Chief, was gone.

It's better than being an 18 year old riding home from a soccer tournament and finding out over the radio that your first and only favorite Chief just died.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

It's better than being a 17 year old riding home from a soccer tournament and finding out over the radio that your first and only favorite Chief just died.
Somebody's favorite Chief was Jovan Belcher?
[Reply]
RN47 09:21 AM 03-14-2019
Headhunter. The greatness of this play is sublime; I encourage you to watch it again and again. Look at the rest of our defense-- they bit hard on this screen and it should have gone for 20+ yards. It went for three. Please, tell me who we have on our roster that plays in the defensive backfield that can do this? Name five other Safeties in the NFL that made plays like this? Sheeeit... Interceptions are exciting. Interceptions returned for touchdowns are incredible. But open field tackles, like this one, are beautiful. Appreciate this because it's gone.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up