ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:47 PM 03-13-2019
This move was blindingly obvious the split second we signed Mathieu. Don't know how people thought anything else was possible. Will always have mad respect for Eric Berry. He was obviously a shell of himself when he tried to play last year. I choose to remember him being the heart of our defense when he wasn't hurt. But this move absolutely had to be made.
[Reply]
StinkBox 02:48 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Wow! I didn't think they would have the balls. Houston, Ford, Berry! GTFU! The dead money sucks but screw it. We need new blood and new attitude.
The Chiefs draft is going to be a very interesting show.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:50 PM 03-13-2019
So if Mahomes is going to get paid like we think he will does this basically represent the kind of team we can field (assuming cap increases and sleight of hand allow us to somehow work in Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones).
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:50 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
So if Mahomes is going to get paid like we think he will does this basically represent the kind of team we can field (assuming cap increases and sleight of hand allow us to somehow work in Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones).
Yep. This is the price we pay for having a HOF at qb
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
If he does, it would foster an interesting debate.

Did Berry just dick us around all year?

It would raise a lot of questions.

FAX
Honestly, coming off of an Achilles tear, it wouldn't surprise me if he was just not able to get over the fact that his ankle could pop again at any moment -- though knowing someone with Haglunds I guess it can get super painful.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
Young EB was a fantastic player. He was one of the best safeties in Chiefs history when healthy. You could tell this year he was just slow and not the same guy. They paid him multi-millions for a few games, and we lost every game he played in. Wish him well in life. I'm thinking he gives up football for good. i don't think he's got the energy or health to play to the level he was accustomed to. Time to move on.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
You'd like to think it'll be a bit better in the sense that you'd have more good contributing defenders on rookie deals.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
I'm sad now cheer me up!
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:52 PM 03-13-2019
yes, Yes and HELL YES

It was time to cancel that fucking soap opera

So stoked to see us start fresh on defense, a new unit for a new era
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit!

I...

I...

I...

What am I supposed to do here, guys? How is it possible that CP's undisputed King of Pessimism could be 100% satisfied with every...single...move this organization has made since the 2018 season ended?!?!?

How does this happen?

I need a tissue...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Everyone on twitter wants Berry. Man they don’t know what they are getting into
It's not just Twitter. The fact that Dee Ford got close to $90 million makes me wonder if GMs even watch tape.
[Reply]
StinkBox 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
If he does, it would foster an interesting debate.

Did Berry just dick us around all year?

It would raise a lot of questions.

FAX
"It's complicated".
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:53 PM 03-13-2019
I'll remember him fondly for his early years. These past 2 were a joke though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
UChieffyBugger is day-to-day
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:54 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yep. This is the price we pay for having a HOF at qb
Oh, I'm beyond fine with it -- and really Veach should be putting the pedal to the metal while we can still afford other pieces (like Dorsey is doing).
[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up