ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 27
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Shaid 08:17 PM 03-13-2019
As soon as he didn't have surgery, we knew it was coming.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:22 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I get it.

But this one bums me out.

Outside of the Mahomes pick, I was never so amped for a draft pick as I was for Berry.

He was quiet.

When healthy, he was one that did his talking with his pads. I think that’s what made him so unique in this age of cameras in their face and immediate social media transparency. He kept his mouth shut and he just did his job...

I really hope we find the next Eric Berry in the draft this year...But I know we won’t.

Good luck #29.
This.
[Reply]
TEX 08:22 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Unreal how bad they must want him gone. Look at the cost they are willing to incur for him to just go away.
He earned it.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:23 PM 03-13-2019
Ba-Bye you paycheck stealing douche!

[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:25 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:

This.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:30 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Sorry for him? Don't ever feel sorry for the mega rich. Berry gets loke 15 mill still not to play for us.
He’s on a fixed income now. Green beans from a can, sloppy joes and the Taco Bell value menu. Heel get by I suppose.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:34 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
He’s on a fixed income now. Green beans from a can, sloppy joes and the Taco Bell value menu. Heel get by I suppose.
The rent at the overpass he's living under is very reasonable.
[Reply]
bricks 08:39 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:

Yeah because for sure Eric Berry had that intention:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:43 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
Sorry, but I personally would not take what I didn't earn. He was paid in full through cancer then fucked us over with his contract negotiations. Then when he sat all last year when he coild have played more. Won't renegotiate his deal to help us and basicly tells his fans jack shit. Selfish asshole to the team and city that made him rich. Fuck him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:43 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
How do you know he didn't?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:51 PM 03-13-2019
Sorry, but I personally would not take what I didn't earn. He was paid in full through cancer then ****ed us over with his contract negotiations. Then when he sat all last year when he coild have played more. Won't renegotiate his deal to help us and basicly tells his fans jack shit. Selfish asshole to the team and city that made him rich. **** him.
So if you were an NFL player and you got hurt you would give the guaranteed money back to the billionaire owner? You are so full of shit.
[Reply]
bricks 08:52 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
How do you know he didn't?
So you’re gonna ask me this shit? Seriously.

Bwana was the one who called him a pay cheque stealing douche. Go ****ing ask him why he thinks that?

Anyway, its Common sense dude.

Do you really think before he signs that contract he intends to say **** this organization? **** them Im gonna screw them over and take their money and not play for them?

I don’t see it that way. Dude was unlucky battled through injuries and cancer. What the **** do people expect? Shit ****ing happens in life you know? Its just didnt work out unfortunately due to things that weren’t within his control. But the ****ed part is, people gotta turn around and point the finger at him like he is the bad guy? Thats ****ed up.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:53 PM 03-13-2019
Utmost respect for the man. Survived cancer, earned every red cent this organization gave him. Was very open and up front with any issues that might of impacted his playing time. For the fuck of me I can’t imagine why the hell they cut hopalonghobohaglundnotfeelingitinmyspirit? I would just like to know where in the hell the front offices head is in this? How are they going to replace his production? Any chance we could get him back?
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:11 PM 03-13-2019
Sorry, but I personally would not take what I didn't earn. He was paid in full through cancer then fucked us over with his contract negotiations. Then when he sat all last year when he coild have played more. Won't renegotiate his deal to help us and basicly tells his fans jack shit. Selfish asshole to the team and city that made him rich. Fuck him.
Holy Christ you’re an idiot.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:13 PM 03-13-2019
I will be straight up honest...I hated the pick at the time. I thought we should've done something different in round 1 ,(5 overall especially) and gotten a S with the next pick...

But he proved me wrong. He was amazing and the best defensive player on the board. Playing every single snap his rookie year blew my mind..at that high of a level...

Getting cancer was just freaky and bad luck..but the dude came BACK from that shit. More bad luck with injury...but that's the game.

My hat is off to the guy and I have NOTHING but flat out love for him.

One of my favorites of all time...and I was wrong about him.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 27
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up