ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019

Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
bigdaddychieffan 06:34 PM 03-13-2019
We had to let him go. Sucks because at his best he was such a beast. Way to much drama last season though and was such a distraction.
[Reply]
Chief3188 06:47 PM 03-13-2019
I wonder if we will ever get the real story of what happened last year and the year before with his contract.
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:47 PM 03-13-2019
Insert the safety dance video here.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 07:00 PM 03-13-2019
I feel for Berry...it seemed like every time he was showing flashes of his potential...something bad happened. The first time he blew oit his knee...which was the result of a super aggressive tackle. Then he comes back and plays great...then cancer. Then he comes back again...and he was giving Gronk headaches all game...then he tore his achilles. He had heart and talent and leadership...but that can’t make up for his tremendous misfortune. He was among my fave Chiefs ever and all I can do is say thanks and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. I’m not in KC so I’m on the periphery of all negative stuff being posted about him. Good luck Eric and thanks for your effort!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:06 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
He vanished as soon as the news broke. Hopefully he'll follow him into retirement
Oh hell no. He needs to get his happy little ass back online for a minute or three to take his well-earned lumps.

( I used to wonder if he was really Justin Houston trolling us, but then I realized that Houston actually went to college, so that theory got flushed )

Originally Posted by Chief3188:
I wonder if we will ever get the real story of what happened last year and the year before with his contract.
20 years from now, when the Dynasty book has been written and published, we just might get that answer along with the Mystery of Dorsey.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:20 PM 03-13-2019

[Reply]
DRM08 07:22 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
I feel for Berry...it seemed like every time he was showing flashes of his potential...something bad happened. The first time he blew oit his knee...which was the result of a super aggressive tackle. Then he comes back and plays great...then cancer. Then he comes back again...and he was giving Gronk headaches all game...then he tore his achilles. He had heart and talent and leadership...but that can’t make up for his tremendous misfortune. He was among my fave Chiefs ever and all I can do is say thanks and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. I’m not in KC so I’m on the periphery of all negative stuff being posted about him. Good luck Eric and thanks for your effort!
I wouldn't feel too bad for him. Spotrac lists his cash earnings at $30 million over the last 2 years on the bench. That's pretty amazing, lol
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:22 PM 03-13-2019
Unreal how bad they must want him gone. Look at the cost they are willing to incur for him to just go away.
[Reply]
FAX 07:33 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Unreal how bad they must want him gone. Look at the cost they are willing to incur for him to just go away.
Well, you can't turn your entire franchise over to Haglund and his Spirit.

It isn't difficult to imagine the distraction he created every day. By day.

What is the message you're sending to the other 52?

I love EB, but damn.

FAX
[Reply]
stevieray 07:34 PM 03-13-2019
Makes me feel old.

That said, what a damn rush to watch him torpedo in low before the block and blow someone up.

Good Luck in your future endeavors.
[Reply]
FAX 07:35 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief3188:
The chicken bones say, "\\_--//-\\///".

I think that's a No.

FAX
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:37 PM 03-13-2019
Sad to see him go, have a lot of memories attached to his time in KC. Everything from the draft to him beating cancer and being back on the field within months. Sadly had to happen though. Good luck Eric.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FAX 07:39 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Sad to see him go, have a lot of memories attached to his time in KC. Everything from the draft to him beating cancer and being back on the field within months. Sadly had to happen though. Good luck Eric.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using Tapatalk
This. And a whole lotta that.

FAX
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:15 PM 03-13-2019
I get it.

But this one bums me out.

Outside of the Mahomes pick, I was never so amped for a draft pick as I was for Berry.

He was quiet.

When healthy, he was one that did his talking with his pads. I think that’s what made him so unique in this age of cameras in their face and immediate social media transparency. He kept his mouth shut and he just did his job...

I really hope we find the next Eric Berry in the draft this year...But I know we won’t.

Good luck #29.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:17 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
Sorry for him? Don't ever feel sorry for the mega rich. Berry gets loke 15 mill still not to play for us.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up