ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
DTVietnam 06:42 PM 03-12-2019
Signed:

Hyde
Mathieu
some brokedick Cowboys LB
Spag

Lost:

Berry
Mitch
Houston
Ford
Nelson
Ware
D. Harris
Sutton

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
[Reply]
jaa1025 11:18 PM 03-12-2019
Much better.

1) The Defensive coaching staff went from one of the worst in the league to one of the best.

2) Ford and Houston...could you really count on them again? Especially at 30+ million in cap space? Ford took 5 years to produce. He's often injured and disappeared against good lines. Houston is 30 and hasn't played a full season since his big contract year.

3) Their replacements are likely on the roster in Kpass and Speaks. They haven't proven anything but are 4-3 DE's. This coaching staff and front office were trying to put them at OLB and they didn't fit. Kpass showed promise at rushing the pass rusher but looked lost at coverage and he won't have to do that. Still need depth.

4) Chris Jones is going to be an absolute beast in this scheme. He only has to play 1 gap now. He's my dark horse Defensive MVP next year.

5) Hitchens and DoD are much better fits in this defense as well.

6) Honey Badger fills the biggest need by far on this team. I'd like to see EB gone and sign Boston.

7) The CB position needs improvement obviously but I'm sure that will get taken care of shortly.

The offense will largely remain the same baring injury. I don't think they will need to score as many points this year to win so they may step back statistically, but still remain very efficient.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:19 PM 03-12-2019
How about we wait until after the draft for this, yeah? Seems pretty moronic to try and determine this when the team isn’t done making moves.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's going to be more pathetic if we don't do anything else.

Houston was a top-3 defensive player for us last year. He held the edge and got to the QB. He was very solid on a really shitty defense. Ford wasn't solid but he was wild and productive.

Putting up top-7 pass rushing numbers this year MAKES Dee Ford a top defensive pass rusher in the NFL. That's the way it works.

Ford put up better numbers than Khalil Mack and we traded him for a 2nd round pick next year when we don't know where it will be. At least this year it would have been the 2nd pick of the round.
Mack has put up double digit sacks every year he's been in the league. Comparing him to Dee Ford is freaking laughably ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
Bump 11:24 PM 03-12-2019
It's going to be more pathetic if we don't do anything else.

Houston was a top-3 defensive player for us last year. He held the edge and got to the QB. He was very solid on a really shitty defense. Ford wasn't solid but he was wild and productive.

Putting up top-7 pass rushing numbers this year MAKES Dee Ford a top defensive pass rusher in the NFL. That's the way it works.

Ford put up better numbers than Khalil Mack and we traded him for a 2nd round pick next year when we don't know where it will be. At least this year it would have been the 2nd pick of the round.
lol are you trying to say that you'd rather have Ford than Mack because Ford had more sacks last year? Mack is a top 3 defensive player in the league and changes games.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kind of like getting screwed on the Marcus Peters trade, right? You know the guy that fell so far that the Rams had to adjust their scheme to cover him up.

:-)
The going rate for safeties says that Tyrann Mathieu gets 14m per year even though he is not worth that much.

Khalil Mack pulled two 1's a 2nd and a 3rd, Ford put up better than numbers than Mack this year. The going trade rate for pass rushers right now says that Veach got screwed.

If Mathieu goes on to just be decent are you going to trash the signing? No, i imagine that you will say 'that was the going rate at the time'.

If Ford gets hurt or starts sucking, it doesn't change the current trade rate for pass rushers. I realize that your superior football mind has determined that Dee Ford isn't worth the numbers he just put up but the NFL doesn't work that way. The going rate is the going rate.

[Reply]
JakeF 11:37 PM 03-12-2019
Make it out to be whatever you want. You've decided already.

Just like Veach is a genius and Dorsey was a fraud. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 11:40 PM 03-12-2019
Make it out to be whatever you want. You've decided already.

Just like Veach is a genius and Dorsey was a fraud. :-)
Dorsey isn't a fraud - he's just terrible at retaining talent and negotiating their contracts.

Veach has been here one year. I like what I've seen but he's only been here one year...
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:13 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Dorsey isn't a fraud - he's just terrible at retaining talent and negotiating their contracts.

Veach has been here one year. I like what I've seen but he's only been here one year...
Yeah that 2018 draft of his sure was somethin', wasn't it?
[Reply]
Rausch 12:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
We don't know. It's been one year.

But we'll have 3 starters on defense this year from that draft.

Do we get to consider our 1st round pick Mahomes?...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:20 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
From a talent perspective they're worse. You're lying to yourself to say otherwise.
Is the off season over? We haven't even officially begun FA yet.

The Chiefs are getting better. WAY better. In philosophy, in approach, and as you and others will eventually see, in execution as well.

These are the Kansas City Chiefs we have waited DECADES for. Two days of "not really Free Agency" are a minor drop in the bucket.

I predicted that this roster and all of the fine-tuned tweaks for 2019 would be completed around Thanksgiving, and I'm sticking with that. By the time the playoffs arrive, this team will be on FIRE.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:22 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Says the man with a talent evaluation repertoire/competence equal with Pioli?
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:25 AM 03-13-2019
I'm not a Veach Supporter or a Dorsey apologist; I simply call things as I see them
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:32 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Says the man with a talent evaluation repertoire/competence equal with Pioli?
[Reply]
Danguardace 12:34 AM 03-13-2019
All those guys let you down or weren't there when needed most.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:14 AM 03-13-2019
I'm holding out answering the poll for about a week to see where the Chiefs end up, but it certainly isn't a good thing to blow up one of the best pass rushes in the NFL to replace it with Speaks and ???. We'll see what happens though, don't have my panties in a bundle yet.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up