ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations League 2 still needs some players.
Rain Man 10:58 PM 03-11-2019
$1 membership if you think you're smarter than Mark Davis or John Elway. Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up and build your team.

(Note to mods: sorry for the ad and I won't do it again. We're just trying to fill up the second league before we start marketing it to the general population.)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:56 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I'm leaving for a weekend of fly fishing tomorrow afternoon. Going to be bummed if this thing gets going while I'm out of pocket.

How much time on the clock does each team get in the draft?
Fly fishing is definitely worth it though
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:57 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I'm leaving for a weekend of fly fishing tomorrow afternoon. Going to be bummed if this thing gets going while I'm out of pocket.

How much time on the clock does each team get in the draft?
I think you'll be fine. We still need four teams, and there's a 24 hour delay before the draft starts.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:02 PM 03-14-2019
21 teams now. Only three more and we can screw over ntexascardfan while he's on his fishing trip.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:06 PM 03-14-2019
I joined up
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:24 PM 03-14-2019
How is this different from fantasy football?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:32 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
How is this different from fantasy football?
Fantasy football:

Sandbox football:

More literally, Sandbox football involves building a roster of 53 players, managing their contracts, building depth charts and game plans, outmaneuvering your less astute rivals to sign free agents, watching actual fictional games unfold before your very eyes using our patent-pending cdcox game engine, and then doing it all over again.

Sandbox. It's the future of football.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 10:49 AM 03-16-2019
Bump.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:13 PM 03-16-2019
Room for three more players. Only three. This is a once in a lifetime offer. Come on, lurkers. You know you want to play.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:23 PM 04-03-2019
As an update, the soft launch continues and we're working through a few technical issues related to having two leagues running asynchronously. Stand down for a couple of weeks and we'll be off and running in free agency.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:45 PM 09-23-2019
Okay, guys, get ready to launch.

We'll launch League 1 and use them as the guinea pigs to be sure that everything is working for real. Then I just need to recruit the final three slots for League 2 and we'll launch.

As a reminder, here's what will happen.

1. You'll get assigned a random draft order, and you'll have an initial draft of roughly half your 53-man roster. The players in this draft will generally be the players in the top half of the league in terms of performance, as long as they were on an opening day roster at the beginning of the 2018 season. (We're going to play a catchup season with last year's rosters.) You'll also get automatically assigned players who were in the bottom half of the league as your roster fillers. But sometimes there are gems in there, like rookies who didn't get playing time or guys who missed time due to injuries.

2. Sign your players to contracts. At this point, you'll have a lot of salary points in your pocket and no one under contract. Go to the user manual and watch the videos and read the instructions if you need to refresh yourself on the system.

https://sandboxsimulations.com/CI/in...ual/#retaining

Be sure to save some of your salary cap money for free agents! Some good free agents will be available and you may want to shuffle your roster by adding some new guys to the team.

You have to sign your contracts (or release players) before you can bid on free agents, though, so you have to use several major lobes of your brain in this phase.

3. There will be players available who were not drafted or assigned to a team, and at this point you can shuffle your roster by signing them (if you're the high bidder for their services). As you sign your current roster to contracts, the free agents will come available for you to bid on. Read up on the free agent bidding process if you need a refresher. This initial free agency period is a limited free agency period where all players not on a Sandbox roster are open for bidding.

https://sandboxsimulations.com/CI/in...al/#freeagency

So get ready, because Wednesday morning we're going live for good!
[Reply]
lewdog 09-24-2019, 07:32 PM
This message has been deleted by lewdog.
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up