ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 58
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:35 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
He did say that had a lot to do with it. Pat's going to be a hell of a recruiter for a long time. :-)
Pat was basically the HR guy today. Correcting Mathieu on geography.
Simply Red 10:39 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's where I'm at. I really like his attitude.
3rd'ed - he's grown on me like a stiffy in the AM
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:47 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm freaking sold.

Guy WANTS to be a Chief. Wants to be a leader and a winner.

Can't wait to see this guy tear it up on the field.
If we get the leader that we need, then this contract was worth every fucking penny.

You can't GM in a vacuum.
kysirsoze 12:10 AM 03-15-2019
Chiefs promo vid. If someone can embed, have at it.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyrann-...cially-a-chief
Naptown Chief 12:18 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If we get the leader that we need, then this contract was worth every fucking penny.

Exactly. If he's really the leader he appears to be then, alongside Chris Jones, expect to see these guys to challenge and elevate the youngsters around them.
JakeF 02:20 AM 03-15-2019

We gave Berry 40 million dollars because he was such a great leader. How did that work out?
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:25 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We gave Berry 40 million dollars because he was such a great leader. How did that work out?
We gave Berry 40 million dollars because he beat cancer and we had no franchise QB to be the face of the franchise. Let's not get history twisted, please.
TwistedChief 02:27 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Chiefs promo vid. If someone can embed, have at it.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyrann-...cially-a-chief
It's really nice they signed someone like him to fill the leadership void left after Berry and Houston. I know some of you scoff at that notion, but this is exactly the type of player you'd want given the number of fresh faces we're going to have on that side of the ball.

He immediately becomes my favorite player on the defensive side of the ball.
TwistedChief 02:28 AM 03-15-2019
We gave Berry 40 million dollars because he beat cancer and we had no franchise QB to be the face of the franchise. Let's not get history twisted, please.
We gave Berry 40mm because he was coming off an All Pro season, had been named NFL Comeback Player of the Year, and was a future Hall of Fame safety.
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:30 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's really nice they signed someone like him to fill the leadership void left after Berry and Houston. I know some of you scoff at that notion, but this is exactly the type of player you'd want given the number of fresh faces we're going to have on that side of the ball.

He immediately becomes my favorite player on the defensive side of the ball.
I don't scoff at shit. To hit that bullseye right off the bat is fucking huge. Now, if we can find a premium player with some leadership ability for the Linebackers, I'll be happy as a little girl!
I hope Hitchens can step up in this new defense, we need that.
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:31 AM 03-15-2019
We gave Berry 40mm because he was coming off an All Pro season, had been named NFL Comeback Player of the Year, and was a future Hall of Fame safety.
Exactly. He was our only great player with a media frenzy story that could publicly represent the franchise well.
TwistedChief 02:44 AM 03-15-2019
For those of you who wanted Landon Collins (hi, SimplyRed!) in part because he had such success under Spags.... from The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/869605/2019/...next-leader/):

Originally Posted by :
Inside the Chiefs’ facility last month, Veach and the coaching staff were dazzled by the extreme pride Mathieu played with at different positions on the field for the Texans. Veach described film sessions where the entire coaching team smiled when looking at Mathieu’s play from last season when he played large snaps as the slot cornerback, the strong safety in the box and the free safety in center field. Often, Veach said the group rewound plays multiple times to watch Mathieu execute different tasks at such a high level.

“I’m struggling to find out what he can’t do.” Spagnuolo said of Mathieu during one session.

Veach called Mathieu the ultimate chess piece.

“You can acquire as many great players as you like, but until you have the catalyst to make it go, things will never work out the way you want them,” Veach said of Mathieu. “This was the catalyst that we had to have.”

In explaining how Spagnuolo will utilize him, Mathieu referenced the season safety Landon Collins had with the New York Giants in 2016. With Spagnuolo as the Giants’ defensive coordinator then, Collins produced the best season of his five-year career by being the unit’s wildcard who lined up at different spots on the field to neutralize opposing offenses. Collins recorded 125 tackles, 13 pass breakups, five interceptions, four sacks and one touchdown in 16 games, earning him first-team All-Pro selection.

Mathieu called himself a hunter in Spagnolo’s latest scheme. “The safety position in this defense, in particular, is the position you want to play,” Mathieu said. “He’s lining everybody up, he’s the most active guy on the field, so that kind of helped ease my decision. Anytime I can get around the football or close to it, I just feel like (I have) superpowers.”

Sweet Daddy Hate 03:00 AM 03-15-2019
God Almighty that's wonderful.
TwistedChief 03:04 AM 03-15-2019
God Almighty that's wonderful.
A HUNTER WITH SUPERPOWERS, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:10 AM 03-15-2019
A HUNTER WITH SUPERPOWERS, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!
God help you if you slack on tackling while playing on the same field as this kid.
Page 47 of 58
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up