ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 58
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chiefs very clearly punished the Chiefs in this case. There was no reason to rush to such a decision.
Clark had a tantrum so the team and the cap is in worse shape than it would've otherwise been.

I still think cutting him was absolutely ridiculous. But ain't no undoing it now...
threebag 03:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Will you bump your "does anyone get laid in this city" thread for old times sake?
If it needs a worthless bump, you are the master

Chargem 03:49 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He was the slowest person in the secondary against New England. No, he wasn't better than Sorenson, especially not in that game.
I just looked it up again, Sorenson gave up 75 yards and was so bad in coverage he got targeted 8 times, Berry got targeted 3 times. If he was so slow why didn't he get abused in coverage?

Sorenson also missed 2 tackles that game.

I also just checked the PFF grades, Berry 57.9 Sorenson 47.4. average player is 50 so I'm not really contending he played well, just better than the other shit we had back there
htismaqe 03:54 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I just looked it up again, Sorenson gave up 75 yards and was so bad in coverage he got targeted 8 times, Berry got targeted 3 times. If he was so slow why didn't he get abused in coverage?

Sorenson also missed 2 tackles that game.

I also just checked the PFF grades, Berry 57.9 Sorenson 47.4. average player is 50 so I'm not really contending he played well, just better than the other shit we had back there
I was at the game. Berry looked a step slow the entire game. Sorenson gave up some yards because he was too aggressive but that's Sorenson, he's not a 5-star athlete and can't physically make up for mental mistakes.

Berry looked like a broken man to my eyes, though.
Mulliganman 03:56 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Clark had a tantrum so the team and the cap is in worse shape than it would've otherwise been.

I still think cutting him was absolutely ridiculous. But ain't no undoing it now...
But then we wouldn’t get the Bell debate, :-)
threebag 03:58 PM 03-12-2019
I was at the game. Berry looked a step slow the entire game. Sorenson gave up some yards because he was too aggressive but that's Sorenson, he's not a 5-star athlete and can't physically make up for mental mistakes.

He did make a couple plays that almost had me wanting more. I wish he could be what he was. I wish the best for him if it’s here, there or sitting at the house. Just want a roster spot filled that can cross the sidelines and contribute during regulation
Chargem 03:58 PM 03-12-2019

I guess I'm not really arguing anything, I am not even saying I want them to keep him I can just see a way for it to be good if they do decide to do it, assuming Berry can play above average if not his normal self.
htismaqe 03:59 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I guess I'm not really arguing anything, I am not even saying I want them to keep him I can just see a way for it to be good if they do decide to do it, assuming Berry can play above average if not his normal self.
I agree. All I'm saying is that from watching him against New England, I'm not confident he'll ever be above average again. He just looked...old.
Sassy Squatch 04:13 PM 03-12-2019
I agree. All I'm saying is that from watching him against New England, I'm not confident he'll ever be above average again. He just looked...old.
That was on Sutton. Played damn near 100 snaps in some of the most frigid weather imaginable. Of course the poor bastard was fatigued.
staylor26 04:14 PM 03-12-2019
Not that I disagree but playing devil’s advocate, he was also playing playoff football with some serious rust.
TwistedChief 04:15 PM 03-12-2019
There is no chance the guy was at 100% in that game. If the Chiefs retain him, it's because they have very good reason to believe he'll be 100% when the season starts.
htismaqe 04:16 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That was on Sutton. Played damn near 100 snaps in some of the most frigid weather imaginable. Of course the poor bastard was fatigued.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not that I disagree but playing devil’s advocate, he was also playing playoff football with some serious rust.
For sure, you're not wrong. I just don't have a lot of hope for Berry right now after how the season went down.
htismaqe 04:17 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There is no chance the guy was at 100% in that game. If the Chiefs retain him, it's because they have very good reason to believe he'll be 100% when the season starts.
They had very good reason to believe he would be 100% when the 2018 season started too, according to their own statements. We see how that turned out.
TwistedChief 04:26 PM 03-12-2019
They had very good reason to believe he would be 100% when the 2018 season started too, according to their own statements. We see how that turned out.
So you have a sample size of one given a very specific set of circumstances. And in this case, you choose to extrapolate out the Chiefs mismanaging the situation once again. But in the case of Dee Ford's stellar performance last season, you dismiss the limited sample size and extrapolate out nothing.

In each situation, you choose the glass-is-half-empty outcome.
New World Order 04:34 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So you have a sample size of one given a very specific set of circumstances. And in this case, you choose to extrapolate out the Chiefs mismanaging the situation once again. But in the case of Dee Ford's stellar performance last season, you dismiss the limited sample size and extrapolate out nothing.

In each situation, you choose the glass-is-half-empty outcome.
The Chiefs didn’t mismanage it. The injury occurred on the other foot. It’s not an injury anyone could have predicted, which is why keeping him in ‘19 is so scary.
Page 42 of 58
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up